Does the bible say anywhere at all to have a relationship with jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 15, 2021
knoxville tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as the title asks. I dont want to be attacked, i just really dont understand and maybe this is a sensitive topic . :) Ive read genesis through part of isaiah and matthew through part of galatians. Ive never read anything about having a relationship with jesus. Ive read that jesus is intermediary between man and god but nothing about having a relationship with jesus. CONFUSED.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as the title asks. I dont want to be attacked, i just really dont understand and maybe this is a sensitive topic . :) Ive read genesis through part of isaiah and matthew through part of galatians. Ive never read anything about having a relationship with jesus. Ive read that jesus is intermediary between man and god but nothing about having a relationship with jesus. CONFUSED.

A good topic.

Romans 7:4 NKJV
[4] Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.

Galatians 2:20 NKJV
[20] I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

(Also the last half of Romans 6)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Aug 15, 2021
knoxville tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This doesnt say to talk to him though. Being part of Jesus body is something different then what im referring to.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those without a relationship with Jesus are not saved!!!

How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This doesnt say to talk to him though. Being part of Jesus body is something different then what im referring to.
You asked about a relationship with Jesus. Prayer is talking to Jesus. Our relationship is no longer to sin or the law but we are to present our members to Him.
Just what are you referring to?

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Aug 15, 2021
knoxville tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does anything say to direct any prayers to Jesus instead of the Father? It seems like when most people (that ive known) pray, they are praying to Jesus although im not seeing much evidence for that in the bible except for saul and that was because Jesus used him for his ministry. Ive also noticed a lot of people chant Jesus name when praying so that further makes me question the whole thing since chanting is what heathans do when they pray. It seems like almost everything in peoples personal prayers (the people ive known) are directed at Jesus and not the Father even though Jesus is supposed to be intermediary to the Father ( to my understanding)

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We pray to the father in Jesus’ name. Jesus is like our defense attorney. We are sinners and not worthy of God. But Jesus cleans us so we can stand in his presence. So when we pray in Jesus’ name, the father sees his righteousness and not our sins.

Reactions: Nancy and 1234567

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

read the gospel according to John, John is a beloved of Jesus and John was there from the baptism of Jesus on. also John's books later in the NT he says such things as.

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1Jn 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us)
1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
1Jn 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
Walking in the Light
1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

John speaks here in the presumption of the relationship with the Father through and in the Son, when one is born again (born of the Holy Spirit) one receives the Life that is Christ's which is the power to become sons of God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Doesn't use the word relationship, but it does tell us to know Him more and more. The word know there means intimately and one cannot do that without a relationship.

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does anything say to direct any prayers to Jesus instead of the Father? It seems like when most people (that ive known) pray, they are praying to Jesus although im not seeing much evidence for that in the bible except for saul and that was because Jesus used him for his ministry. Ive also noticed a lot of people chant Jesus name when praying so that further makes me question the whole thing since chanting is what heathans do when they pray. It seems like almost everything in peoples personal prayers (the people ive known) are directed at Jesus and not the Father even though Jesus is supposed to be intermediary to the Father ( to my understanding)

John 10:30 (KJV) I and my Father are one.

1 John 1:3 (KJV) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It says that if you don't have a relationship with Jesus that you'll perish, so yeah, I say it does.