Does The Bible Speak Against Nudity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that subjects like bikinis are subjective and cultural, anyway....
Not so fast. It has been my experience that each human culture seems to have a definition of modesty and a list of taboos. But invariably, no matter how strict or how loose the definition, people find a way to violate the rules. Modesty isn't subjective in any case. The best we can say is that modesty is relative to a particular culture, but within that culture, modesty is enforceable through social sanction.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And up to the individual.
Nudity is a special case because of what it communicates. We can think of various ways that we use our bodies to communicate nonverbally. Consider the meaning of the hug, or the handshake, or the slap on the face. There must be a hundred messages we can send with our hands alone.

So then, what does it mean for someone to remove their clothes? To be blunt, removing the clothes exposes the genitalia, which is the most intimate part of our bodies. What idea does a woman express when she removes her clothes in front of a man? What is she saying with her body? What does her body communicate that her words, perhaps, do not?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nudity is a special case because of what it communicates. We can think of various ways that we use our bodies to communicate nonverbally. Consider the meaning of the hug, or the handshake, or the slap on the face. There must be a hundred messages we can send with our hands alone.

So then, what does it mean for someone to remove their clothes? To be blunt, removing the clothes exposes the genitalia, which is the most intimate part of our bodies. What idea does a woman express when she removes her clothes in front of a man? What is she saying with her body? What does her body communicate that her words, perhaps, do not?
What's all that about? I just said that wearing a bikini was up to the individual as I'm not a prude.

Reactions: farouk

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When people remove their clothes, it just makes it easier to see the fat waves moving all over their bodies.

Now the study of this phenomena many explain how energy is absorbed by the body when moving or when slapped etc.

I am not sure that the wobble fat waves are endearing to either the males or females but they may act like "shock absorbers."

:rolleyes:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's all that about? I just said that wearing a bikini was up to the individual as I'm not a prude.
I'm not saying anything about you at all. I was just carrying the conversation forward. :) Sorry. My mistake.

Reactions: Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Pearl Besides, some bikinis actually cover more than some stringy one-piece suits.

If a young woman just naturally and cheerfully wears a bikini to the pool, no need for anyone to give her a hard time for "religious" reasons....

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Pearl Besides, some bikinis actually cover more than some stringy one-piece suits.

If a young woman just naturally and cheerfully wears a bikini to the pool, no need for anyone to give her a hard time for "religious" reasons....

Well yes we should not be prudes, and give the ladies a religious hard time , but we can enjoy how the fatty waves move on her body as she jumps and prances around, particularly in the buttocks region area of the body where the cellulite is often prominent. :rolleyes::D;) LOL

Reactions: Lambano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well yes we should not be prudes, and give the ladies a religious hard time , but we can enjoy how the fatty waves move on her body as she jumps and prances around, particularly in the buttocks region area of the body where the cellulite is often prominent. :rolleyes::D;) LOL
As you guys nearer Bondi might say, whether bikinis are the choice beachwear or not, best keep out eyes and hearts on higher things.....

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i was once quoted a (supposed) verse which said something like 'The nakedness of the woman is for her husband. I can't find it and don't know if it really was a bible verse or not. But it sounds like it should be.

Reactions: Lambano

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As you guys nearer Bondi might say, whether bikinis are the choice beachwear or not, best keep out eyes and hearts on higher things.....

I am, on the physics of how the fatty waves move when bouncing around or moving. When a person is slapped on the buttocks, the fatty layer sends a pressure wave under the skin, away from where the slap occurred, to absorb the energy of the applied slap. There are a number of good U-tube videos that show this phenonium occurring.

Now if you applied the same integrity to many of the threads that you have created, then your counsel quoted above would be appropriate and acceptable.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am, on the physics of how the fatty waves move when bouncing around or moving. When a person is slapped on the buttocks, the fatty layer sends a pressure wave under the skin, away from where the slap occurred, to absorb the energy of the applied slap. There are a number of good U-tube videos that show this phenonium occurring.

Now if you applied the same integrity to many of the threads that you have created, then your counsel quoted above would be appropriate and acceptable.
Perhaps your first para. means that some wearers of two piece suits ought to wear the more traditional one piece ones.

I guess my point is, None of our business...

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps your first para. means that some wearers of two piece suits ought to wear the more traditional one piece ones.

I guess my point is, None of our business...

From your post, we could conclude that the one piece swimsuit should be from the woman's ankles to her neck with no other "skin" or bits protruding or showing.

Remember in Victorian times the flashing of an ankle was considered to be quite provocative at that time.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, hard to re-impose Victorian dress codes......

@farouk, you work very hard at increasing your post count with many frivolous posts which really add very little to the topic at hand.

As for this thread, I am bored with your continual comments.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let's go someplace else....

No. I am generally bored with all of the spruiking you provide in your posts on topics that are best left to die a natural death.

Goodbye

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not so fast. It has been my experience that each human culture seems to have a definition of modesty and a list of taboos. But invariably, no matter how strict or how loose the definition, people find a way to violate the rules. Modesty isn't subjective in any case. The best we can say is that modesty is relative to a particular culture, but within that culture, modesty is enforceable through social sanction.
There's always someone willing to push the envelope of social acceptability, which is why we are where we are today. In the midst of an age of moral relativity and decadence.