Does the day of Christ resurrection tell us to worship on Sunday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a huge assumption (bolded above). Let ask you a question.
When Jesus said that lust was no different to adultery, and unjust anger no different to murder, did that mean we could have sexualities relations with our neighbours so long as we didn't lust? Did it mean we could shoot one another so long as we weren't angry without a cause? In other words, does obeying the 'spirit' of the law, which is what you are advocating, negate the letter of the law?

Sorry, I must have gotten you confused with Hobie.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn replied to Douglas Batteson's comment.
Exactly! If the man and wife you have just married were unfaithful the very day you married them and were dying of the death they without cause have brought upon themselves, would you just leave them to die in the Paradise of their first love until after Rest Day, and not go look for them to do for them what you can if you were their Maker who also married them unto Himself?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew you would deny that you have the answer.

Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn 1 min ·
Lest we forget, I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. Thomas Jefferson begging the pope
Ummmmm, for your information, Einstein - that quote from Jefferson was written to Benjamin Rush (9/23/1800) - NOT the Pope.

TRY to stay honest . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is why we have Gods Word to show us what is truth, and what is man made...

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
No thats why when we come to Christ Gods sends His Spirit.

1Jn 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ himself, was the biggest transgressor of the Sabbath, if anyone was.
If Jesus broke the Sabbath he would be a law breaker. His death therefore would have been none other than for himself and his resurrection would never have taken place and you would still be in your sins as well as having no future to look forward to.

It was the religious folk who charged him with Sabbath breaking as they did with many other offences falsely......the product of their deceived minds.

The Lamb needed to be and was perfect......his resurrection testified to that!

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Show me where anyone kept the Sabbath before it was given to Israel as a sign of their covenant. You can't do anything but assume. Don't put a day of the week on a pedestal higher than trusting in Jesus.
1...Assumptions are tricky aren't they?....like for instance; did Jesus clean his teeth or wipe his backside? hmmmmm, or do we just conclude/assume he didn't because you can't show a specific text stating he did?

2... I would say that the Sabbath is not being put on a pedestal higher than Jesus anymore that coveting or bearing false witness which incidentally is misrepresentation.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you don't!.....because its not rays that are about his glory.
The rays of glory are simply an artist’s depiction – similar to a halo in a painting.
They are not ACTUAL rays of God’s glory. And NOT every monstrance depicts rays of glory. Some are much simpler designs

This critique is asinine . . .

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If Jesus broke the Sabbath he would be a law breaker. His death therefore would have been none other than for himself and his resurrection would never have taken place and you would still be in your sins as well as having no future to look forward to.

It was the religious folk who charged him with Sabbath breaking as they did with many other offences falsely......the product of their deceived minds.

The Lamb needed to be perfect......his resurrection testified to that!
Yes, of course QT, but i meant what I said in context, as to the precedence that the Sabbath has. Not, that Jesus transgressed any laws, for he was perfect, and as you said, therefore, a qualified sacrifice.
But, he held human life and well-being, at a higher level than the 3rd Commandment. Thus, keeping the Sabbath in its proper place.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The rays of glory are simply an artist’s depiction – similar to a halo in a painting.
They are not ACTUAL rays of God’s glory. And NOT every monstrance depicts rays of glory. Some are much simpler designs

This critique is asinine . . .
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Exodus 20:4

I suppose your assessment would say the above text is asinine as well.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1...Assumptions are tricky aren't they?....like for instance; did Jesus clean his teeth or wipe his backside? hmmmmm, or do we just conclude/assume he didn't because you can't show a specific text stating he did?

2... I would say that the Sabbath is not being put on a pedestal higher than Jesus anymore that coveting or bearing false witness which incidentally is misrepresentation.

QT, are you under the Old Covenant or the New Covenant?

They have different signs of the covenant.
They have different commandments of the covenant.
They have different places and surfaces the commandments are written
They have different means to acquire righteousness.

B

brakelite

We are in no agreement; we are opponents. You wrote, e.g., <<the blessing of Sabbath keeping>>. Now you write <God blessed the seventh day and made it holy>. It is obvious you don't know English your only language and feel inferior in my company whose first language is not English.
I think that if I was willing to put my mind to it I could quote numerous scriptures that promise a blessing for being obedient to God's commandments... Including Sabbath observance.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that if I was willing to put my mind to it I could quote numerous scriptures that promise a blessing for being obedient to God's commandments... Including Sabbath observance.

As far as the Sabbath, they would probably only be in the Old Testament though, wouldn't they? But as far as keeping the commandments of Jesus, the blessing is answered prayer - receiving what you ask for. 1 John 3:21-24

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
QT, are you under the Old Covenant or the New Covenant?

They have different signs of the covenant.
They have different commandments of the covenant.
They have different places and surfaces the commandments are written
They have different means to acquire righteousness.
Jesus died for my sins and resurrected for my justification.
I look backward in time in faith to what has been done. People who lived from Adam to Jesus looked forward in time in faith to the same event.

The many details given to Israel were representations of God's salvation plan, for them still to be accomplished. At their accomplishment (when type met antitype) they where no longer necessary. (this is called the old covenant)

Abel knew of sacrifice as being symbolic and Cain knew of murder as being moral.....one was transient, one was permanent.

The Ten Commandments were as valid in Eden as when transcribed at Sinai. Their nature was never intended as transient any more than is Marriage.

Righteousness has always been by faith as is demonstrated in the life of the Patriarchs ....Abraham, Noah and so on....check out Hebrews 11 for verification.

The laws of 'Thou shalt not murder and steal, lie and commit adultery, practice false worship and covetousness' etc etc, are independent of laws that were intended as symbolic. Old is that which no longer required because it has served its purpose.

It is sleight of hand to say that Jesus is now our rest in order that we can choose our own nominated day of rest contrary to the Commandment. In doing so we convict ourselves not only as breakers of the fourth Commandment but also that of the ninth by bearing false witness.

Yes, the Commandments are written in different places and surfaces. They are now written on the hearts of those who treasure and obey them. They have not been changed, suspended, superseded or altered in any way.....Sin is still defined by their transgression.

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died for my sins and resurrected for my justification.
I look backward in time in faith to what has been done. People who lived from Adam to Jesus looked forward in time in faith to the same event.

The many details given to Israel were representations of God's salvation plan, for them still to be accomplished. At their accomplishment (when type met antitype) they where no longer necessary. (this is called the old covenant)

Abel knew of sacrifice as being symbolic and Cain knew of murder as being moral.....one was transient, one was permanent.

The Ten Commandments were as valid in Eden as when transcribed at Sinai. Their nature was never intended as transient any more than is Marriage.

Righteousness has always been by faith as is demonstrated in the life of the Patriarchs ....Abraham, Noah and so on....check out Hebrews 11 for verification.

The laws of 'Thou shalt not murder and steal, lie and commit adultery, practice false worship and covetousness' etc etc because they are independent of laws that were intended as symbolic. Old is that which no longer required because it has served its purpose.

It is sleight of hand to say that Jesus is now our rest in order that we can choose our own nominated day of rest contrary to the Commandment. In doing so we convict ourselves not only as breakers of the fourth Commandment but also that of the ninth by bearing false witness.

Yes, the Commandments are written in different places and surfaces. They are now written on the hearts of those who treasure and obey them. They have not been changed, suspended, superseded or altered in any way.....Sin is still defined by their transgression.

Are we still obligated to circumcise our male boys at 8 days old to be a Christian? It was the sign of the Abrahamic covenant.