Does the day of Christ resurrection tell us to worship on Sunday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God gave it to Israel, and Israel alone. Every covenant has a sign to that covenant. But when the covenant comes to an end, so does the sign. Some covenants overlap future covenants, and the sign remains because the covenant remains.

God gave his love, grace, forgiveness, goodness, you name it, to Israel, and Israel alone. Any objections? Haughty man!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you take the Rest of God for God doing nothing, yes!
Yes, that was how I meant it. ...but, in order to show the temporal, or lack of intrinsic righteousness about it. in other words, I don't see it, therefore, as a universal mandate similar to 'thou shall not murder', or ''thou shall not steal'. Which are inherently wrong, under any circumstances, eras, or dimensions.

B

brakelite

God gave it to Israel, and Israel alone
Now hold on a minute.. You said yourself that God blessed the Sabbath... You agreed with the scripture in Genesis... Are you suggesting that He blessed it in anticipation of a future Israel? That Adam totally ignored the Sabbath because he wasn't Jewish? So where did the Sabbath go from creation, when Jesus, (yes, as Creator He was the one who blessed the 7th day, establishing the week as we follow 6000 years later, thus it truly is the Lord's Day... Not Sunday) established it, and the time of the exodus where I no doubt you will claim it first came to light?

Reactions: quietthinker

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reminds me of that day, when the big mountain Goats are coming into mating season, and rutt up to one another and butt heads, just get a lot of sore heads and no one wins. But men are stubborn this will go on till time itself ends, or Jesus comes than the scales will fall off, and pride will be found wanting.
That is why we have Gods Word to show us what is truth, and what is man made...

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now hold on a minute.. You said yourself that God blessed the Sabbath... You agreed with the scripture in Genesis... Are you suggesting that He blessed it in anticipation of a future Israel? That Adam totally ignored the Sabbath because he wasn't Jewish? So where did the Sabbath go from creation, when Jesus, (yes, as Creator He was the one who blessed the 7th day, establishing the week as we follow 6000 years later, thus it truly is the Lord's Day... Not Sunday) established it, and the time of the exodus where I no doubt you will claim it first came to light?

Show me where anyone kept the Sabbath before it was given to Israel as a sign of their covenant. You can't do anything but assume. Don't put a day of the week on a pedestal higher than trusting in Jesus. He is our true rest, and I know you don't believe that, but He is God's rest.

The days of creation week also represent the history of the world. 6000 years for man, 1000 year millennium of Jesus.

Jesus is concealed in the Old Testament and revealed in the New Testament.

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And neither does the Church declare Traditions that "overrule" God's Commandments - nor does she threaten to kill people who don't follow Sacred Tradition.
Try to stay honest here . . .

Sooooo, commemorating the Day of Rest on Saturn's Day - the god of wealth and agriculture, is better than Sunday??

The Church merely declared the FULFILLMENT of the Sabbath - which Christ stated emphatically that HE was Lord over (Matt. 12:8). There was no "overruling" of ANYTHING.
My, that is even bigger than the ones Stalin and Hitler denied they did....

https://www.history.com/topics/religion/inquisition

History shows the truth of the matter...

And those who look can easily find the origins of the corruption from within...The Sunburst Image, the Queen of Heaven and Baal.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

He is our true rest, and I know you don't believe that, but He is God's rest.
That's a huge assumption (bolded above). Let ask you a question.
When Jesus said that lust was no different to adultery, and unjust anger no different to murder, did that mean we could have sexualities relations with our neighbours so long as we didn't lust? Did it mean we could shoot one another so long as we weren't angry without a cause? In other words, does obeying the 'spirit' of the law, which is what you are advocating, negate the letter of the law?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, that was how I meant it. ...but, in order to show the temporal, or lack of intrinsic righteousness about it. in other words, I don't see it, therefore, as a universal mandate similar to 'thou shall not murder', or ''thou shall not steal'. Which are inherently wrong, under any circumstances, eras, or dimensions.

Sorry, you're too high for me. But relax, Please don't come down for my sake.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ummm did I say God was tired? How about a third option? Do you think that God might have known that mankind would need a day to rest because he would tend to overwork and become ineffective in ministry and in the more important aspects of life like justice and mercy? Yes, God made that one day out of seven holy. Just that day. He blessed it did he not. Is there any record of Him removing that blessing? Transferring that blessing to smother day? Declaring we don't need to rest physically any more? That He would bless whatever day we choose? That be testing on another day we make it holy? Please, share all the scriptures that cancel, negate, alter or transfer the blessing of Sabbath keeping elsewhere

You are speculating, Brakelite, put the brakes on your speculating! Everybody here except you it seems, knows there are no <<scriptures that cancel, negate, alter or transfer the blessing of Sabbath>> or <<remove the blessing>> which GOD spoke upon it. And everybody here except you it seems, knows that God did not bless <<Sabbath keeping>> but "the DAY the Seventh Day" as it is written.

B

brakelite

You are speculating, Brakelite, put the brakes on your speculating! Everybody here except you it seems, knows there are no <<scriptures that cancel, negate, alter or transfer the blessing of Sabbath>> or <<remove the blessing>> which GOD spoke upon it. And everybody here except you it seems, knows that God did not bless <<Sabbath keeping>> but "the DAY the Seventh Day" as it is written.
It is obvious my friend that English is your second language... Because those are the very points I was making. God blessed the seventh day and made it holy. And man takes upon it by mixing the holy day with profane activity...ie work. And yes.... There is no evidence anywhere in scripture that any of that blessing had been removed. So we are in agreement my friend... Relax.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My, that is even bigger than the ones Stalin and Hitler denied they did....

https://www.history.com/topics/religion/inquisition

History shows the truth of the matter...

And those who look can easily find the origins of the corruption from within...The Sunburst Image, the Queen of Heaven and Baal.
Yes, all of this "Catholic paganism” nonsense was started by a 19th century anti-Catholic con man named Alexander Hislop.

Hislop was neither equipped nor qualified to write an historical work – but, attempted to do so anyway. His heavily-debunked work “The Two Babylons” accuses the Catholic Church of everything from sun worship to pagan goddess worship.

One of his 20th century adherents, Ralph Woodrow, took this work so seriously that he wrote his own book called “The Babylon Connection.” HOWEVER – when he was preparing to write a follow-up book – he decided to do some actual research. To his horror – he discovered that Hislop was a big PHONY and made up all of his “facts”. Woodrow pulled his book previous from print and now runs a website APOLOGIZING for having written it.

Fortunately for Woodrow – he was honest enough and intelligent enough to see through the lies. Unfortunately for ignorant reads like yourself – you still buy into Hislop’s lies.

Good luck with that . . .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Show me where anyone kept the Sabbath before it was given to Israel as a sign of their covenant. You can't do anything but assume. Don't put a day of the week on a pedestal higher than trusting in Jesus. He is our true rest, and I know you don't believe that, but He is God's rest.

Genesis 3:8-23 where God kept the Sabbath before it was given to anyone.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is obvious my friend that English is your second language... Because those are the very points I was making. God blessed the seventh day and made it holy. And man takes upon it by mixing the holy day with profane activity...ie work. And yes.... There is no evidence anywhere in scripture that any of that blessing had been removed. So we are in agreement my friend... Relax.

We are in no agreement; we are opponents. You wrote, e.g., <<the blessing of Sabbath keeping>>. Now you write <God blessed the seventh day and made it holy>. It is obvious you don't know English your only language and feel inferior in my company whose first language is not English.