Does the day of Christ resurrection tell us to worship on Sunday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And since we never had the law, we never had to wait for the first one to be put away.

Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn Just now ·
People who think that you can cut out Genesis 3:8-24 and still have a Christian Sabbath are just displaying their ignorance.

46435016_10156407758711311_5977123303704231936_n.jpg

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is made up of nothing but Scripture-contradicting, blatant, screaming to heaven LIES.
Thats what I luv about you, so predictable. As for @bbyrd009 he s a bit like the funny guy in the straight guy routine, the costelleo in Abbot and Costello, You lot are too serious and he makes life more fun.

God bless him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quietthinker said:
1.....'If you love me keep my Commandments' ....or do you doubt that the cloud that followed Israel was none other than Jesus?
Exodus 14:19, “The angel of God, who had been going before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud moved from before them and stood behind them.” This pillar of cloud and fire is identified here as “the angel of the Lord.” Well, who is that?
I Corinthians 10:4 tell us the rock that followed them was Jesus
'the rock' another metaphor for Jesus......check and consider the context.

2....Look a little closer. :-
Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not murder
Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery

3....I see you mention 'eternal laws' ... that is precisely what they are
Only required to keep their outward actions holy????.....I'm sorry CL, that is truly from your imagination. Isn't that the rule the Pharisee's upheld and which Jesus labeled as hypocrisy?
Matthew 23:25-26 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

No, dear, I didn't mean for you to repeat the law. I know the law. And I don't doubt that Jesus was there as the Word of God. After all, the Father, the Word and the Spirit are one. I meant, show me where hate and lust, and not just murder and adultery were in the Law.

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Sabbath is not about resting because man tends to "overwork." Actually, God provided another remedy for weary, overworked men and women, and it's not His Holy Sabbath, it's sleep.

The point is that God Himself "rested" on the 7th day and hallowed it so the purpose of the Sabbath is not simply to "rest" in the sense you are using, to rest so as not to overwork oneself. The reason God rested wasn't so He wouldn't overwork and become ineffective, it was because His work was finished. And that's what the Sabbath means, to rest from works not to avoid overworking, but because the works are finished.

So again, the New Covenant is about a day when God's people would enter into rest with Jesus, not because we are tired or overworked, but because the work of reconciling us with God is finished. "It is finished." (Jesus' last works on the cross) You can rest in faith that you are now acceptable to God through the blood of Christ which, though our sins be as scarlet, they are now washed in the blood of the Lamb and are white as snow. And that's the Gospel truth.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

Last edited:
Reactions: mjrhealth

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, that is precisely what you are suggesting, that the Sabbath is about resting because man tends to "overwork." Actually, God provided another remedy for weary, overworked men and women, and it's not His Holy Sabbath, it's sleep.

The point is that God Himself "rested" on the 7th day and hallowed it so the purpose of the Sabbath is not simply to "rest" in the sense you are using, to rest so as not to overwork oneself. The reason God rested wasn't so He wouldn't overwork and become ineffective, it was because His work was finished. And that's what the Sabbath means, to rest from works not to avoid overworking, but because the works are finished.

So again, the New Covenant is about a day when God's people would enter into rest with Jesus, not because we are tired or overworked, but because the work of reconciling us with God is finished. "It is finished." (Jesus' last works on the cross) You can rest in faith that you are now acceptable to God through the blood of Christ which, though our sins be as scarlet, they are now washed in the blood of the Lamb and are white as snow. And that's the Gospel truth.

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

Please go back and fix your quote. You have me saying what another did.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now hold on a minute.. You said yourself that God blessed the Sabbath... You agreed with the scripture in Genesis... Are you suggesting that He blessed it in anticipation of a future Israel? That Adam totally ignored the Sabbath because he wasn't Jewish? So where did the Sabbath go from creation, when Jesus, (yes, as Creator He was the one who blessed the 7th day, establishing the week as we follow 6000 years later, thus it truly is the Lord's Day... Not Sunday) established it, and the time of the exodus where I no doubt you will claim it first came to light?

It pointed to our rest in Jesus. Are you really going to keep the facsimile, or graduate to the real thing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilgrimer

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Philosophy does not explain Scripture, never has, never will. It says, "God finished the Seventh Day all His Works He Did Do on the Seventh Day" -- not finished his works He had done creating the six days before the Seventh Day.

There is only one way God's Rest on the Seventh Day can and must be understood, his Rest was God's work -- his act of to work the Rest of God : "BY THE SON". No other Way! Genesis 2:2,3 is the summary of Genesis 3:8-24. Through what He did do on the Seventh Day blessing, sanctifying, finishing and resting on it, God as it were told Adam and Eve, <You can rest in faith now that you are acceptable to God through the blood of Christ which, though your sins be as scarlet, they are now washed in the blood of the Lamb and are white as snow. And that's the Gospel truth.> Hebrews 3:1-8.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think you are referring to Paul attending the synagogue "as was his custom" and preaching to the Jews on the Sabbath. The Gentiles begged that Paul would preach to them the next Sabbath.

I seems as if you believe this as evidence Gentiles are commanded to observe the Sabbath (which is nice, but a pitty it is not actually supported by the passage).

I say it again, bigger nonsense untruth is impossible.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sincere apologies CharismaticLady, I thought I was better at this than to make such a mistake. I have corrected the post. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
In Christ,
Pilgrimer
Sometimes it is not our error that does this. I've had it happen to me when posting one person using the quote button, and the program here messed it up making it look like I was replying to another person altogether. I check it close enough to know that that is where the error was... but so long as it doesn't happen all of the time and people are able to resolve it without coming to blows when it does happen I guess we are good. I am not sure the moderators or administrator @Angelina or @lforrest would be able to fix it.

Reactions: Pilgrimer

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I understand that is what you believe, and have no problem with you believing it.

You said the following,
John Caldwell said:
I think you are referring to Paul attending the synagogue "as was his custom" and preaching to the Jews on the Sabbath. The Gentiles begged that Paul would preach to them the next Sabbath.
I seems as if you believe this as evidence Gentiles are commanded to observe the Sabbath (which is nice, but a pitty it is not actually supported by the passage)

.. with one word only on your single tracked mind, the word 'commanded' while NO ONE even thought about it. You are only commanded if you break command. So you are the only person here being <commanded to observe the Sabbath> which isn't nice at all, but a pitty, <the passage not actually supporting> or even containing the idea or word.

I say it again, bigger nonsense untruth is impossible. It's NOTHING else, you are possessed as can be with hatred for the Lord's Sabbath Day being commanded the People of God.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said the following,
John Caldwell said:
I seems as if you believe this as evidence Gentiles are commanded to observe the Sabbath (which is nice, but a pitty it is not actually supported by the passage)

.. with one word only on your single tracked mind, the word 'commanded' while NO ONE even thought about it. You are only commanded if you break command. So you are the only person here being <commanded to observe the Sabbath> which isn't nice at all, but a pitty, <the passage not actually supporting> or even containing the idea or word.

I say it again, bigger nonsense untruth is impossible. It's NOTHING else, you are possessed as can be with hatred for the Lord's Sabbath Day being commanded the People of God.
Again, I understand but your belief has not created in me a sense of obligation.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Again, I understand that is what you believe.
Again, I don't believe what you believe that you believe, namely, absolute nonsensical supposed to be spiritual self-deceit.
Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn 19 mins ·
Lost spirits convincing not of sin, with power left only to deceive themselves, will testify contrary Scripture to the last, of Self.