Does the day of Christ resurrection tell us to worship on Sunday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"God finished the Seventh Day all His Works He Did Do on the Seventh Day" -- not finished his works He had done creating the six days before the Seventh Day. There is only one way God's Rest on the Seventh Day can and must be understood, his Rest was God's work -- his act of to work the Rest of God : "BY THE SON". No other Way! Genesis 2:2,3 is the summary of Genesis 3:8-24. Through what He did do on the Seventh Day blessing, sanctifying, finishing and resting on it, God as it were told Adam and Eve, <You can rest in faith now that you are acceptable to God through the blood of Christ which, though your sins be as scarlet, they are now washed in the blood of the Lamb and are white as snow. And that's the Gospel truth.> Hebrews 3:1-8.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
With "the Rest of God", God "finished all his works", "blessed all his works", "sanctified all his works", "His works He had done". To deny "the Rest of God on the Seventh Day" is to deny God his due honour and worship, indeed, is to refuse and reject the Eternal Purpose of God Being Who He Is, "I-AM-THE-LORD-YOUR-GOD". "The Sabbath shall be for a SIGN THAT I-AM-YOUR-GOD!"

There is only one way to get away from this: reject Scripture and you are freed. For now.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With "the Rest of God", God "finished all his works", "blessed all his works", "sanctified all his works", "His works He had done". To deny "the Rest of God on the Seventh Day" is to deny God his due honour and worship, indeed, is to refuse and reject the Eternal Purpose of God Being Who He Is, "I-AM-THE-LORD-YOUR-GOD". "The Sabbath shall be for a SIGN THAT I-AM-YOUR-GOD!"

There is only one way to get away from this: reject Scripture and you are freed. For now.
There is not one single person on this forum denying God His rest, what you are doing is denying us ours, actually you, yourself, yours.

God bless

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I with great pleasure won't because that's what you so want me to. Llllllll
I have no desire either way. You can believe we are under the Law or you can believe we are not under the Law. You can believe we must worship on Saturday or you can believe we can worship on any day of the week. You can believe that you are observing the Sabbath on this day or that, or you can believe that you have entered into the sabbath to which all others pointed.

Your belief - whether right or wrong - has no effect whatsoever on the truth.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have no desire either way. You can believe we are under the Law or you can believe we are not under the Law. You can believe we must worship on Saturday or you can believe we can worship on any day of the week. You can believe that you are observing the Sabbath on this day or that, or you can believe that you have entered into the sabbath to which all others pointed.

Your belief - whether right or wrong - has no effect whatsoever on the truth.

I have no desire to hear about your desire; it's what GOD desires and loves.
You can haughtily rant you are not under the Law but you're going to die just like me because you are under the Law whether you believe it or not. Sinners shall be under the Law for as long as they will be sinners and that is for as long as they will live, ou grootte, said Paul!

So I shall believe Christians must worship on the Sabbath because "Jesus gave them rest wherefore for the People of God Sabbaths-feast-of CHRIST the Substance remains of value for them" on strength of his Resurrection from the dead on That Day "the day The Seventh Day GOD thus concerning spake BY THE SON".

You, with your own imagined <rest> have NO SCRIPTURE for your believing your vanities.

You don't even know it seems that the Sabbath is not <Saturday>, but you think you with your rest are superior to GOD'S OWN REST as well as Day-of-Rest?

You think you are better because you <<can worship on any day of the week>>. Who's talking about daily worship now? You're just trying to dodge your responsibility towards the God of the SCRIPTURES the "Lord of the Sabbath-Day".

It's you, not I, who argue the irrelevant, that <<You can believe that you are observing the Sabbath>>. Show me where I claimed that? You're lying, clearly.

So you're wasting your breath further arguing <<Your belief - whether right or wrong - has no effect whatsoever on the truth>>-- it has no effect whatsoever! God's truth stands on Scripture or falls with Scripture. Do you believe God's Written Word can fail? I do not! And I as a result HAVE SCRIPTURE FOR WHAT I BELIEVE WHILE YOU HAVE NONE.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God be my Judge; not you, fickle mortal!
Yes, so many desire to be judged by God, as if all there "doing" is going to get them through.

Gal_3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

God bless

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, so many desire to be judged by God, as if all there "doing" is going to get them through.
Gal_3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
God bless

God judge, For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written!

Who are you to be the exception self righteous hypocrite!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God judge, For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written!

Who are you to be the exception self righteous hypocrite!
We have no righteousness of our own, our righteousness is Christs, there are no excptions..

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From what I have been told the OT Jewish Calendar and the calendar we use today is not in sync with each other....also there are many people who keep everyday as Holy unto the Lord....and the "rest" isn't that what we enter when we are saved? We enter into His Rest....and finally do you really think God will deny us passage into heaven because we gathered in an assembly to worship Him on Sunday, or Monday or whatever day? Isn't it the heart of man that will be judged?
I have strong issues with church doctrines that teach people are in danger of being judged because of a day with which the come together to Worship His Holy Name.
why do you think God included the Sabbath rest in the ten commandments H2S?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
why do you think God included the Sabbath rest in the ten commandments H2S?

Why do you think God raised Christ from the dead on the Sabbath? Because God rested on the Seventh Day wherefore the Seventh Day is the Sabbath of the LORD GOD <in the ten commandments>.

But no one has the guts to get to the core and bone of the so-called Sabbath-issue.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your talk, is cheap, so true.
Its amazing how many people die when some talk..

Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

God bless and have a good night.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
From what I have been told the OT Jewish Calendar and the calendar we use today is not in sync with each other....also there are many people who keep everyday as Holy unto the Lord....and the "rest" isn't that what we enter when we are saved? We enter into His Rest....and finally do you really think God will deny us passage into heaven because we gathered in an assembly to worship Him on Sunday, or Monday or whatever day? Isn't it the heart of man that will be judged?
I have strong issues with church doctrines that teach people are in danger of being judged because of a day with which the come together to Worship His Holy Name.

<<From what I have been told the OT Jewish Calendar and the calendar we use today is not in sync with each other....>>
Irrelevant

<<also there are many people who keep everyday as Holy unto the Lord....>>
Irrelevant

<<and the "rest" isn't that what we enter when we are saved? We enter into His Rest....>>
Of course it is. Still, it's irrelevant to the topic.

<<and finally do you really think God will deny us passage into heaven because we gathered in an assembly to worship Him on Sunday, or Monday or whatever day?>>

If it was only not on the Sabbath, we'll find out at our <passage into heaven>.

<<Isn't it the heart of man that will be judged?>>
Yes; and No. Heart or works, neither justifies anyone - in any case not before the LORD. Nevertheless many trust their heart to judge them heaven-fit.

<<I have strong issues with church doctrines that teach people are in danger of being judged because of a day with which the come together to Worship His Holy Name.>>
I'm surprised to hear there are such people; doctrines I have heard of, mostly pro-Sunday worship, but pro-Sabbath doctrines too, a plenty!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are you ever going to make a point? I can post arbitrary passages from scripture all day long as well. What's your point? No one is denying he was condemned to death. No one is denying when he was placed into the tomb which was just before sunset on the day of preparation before the Sabbath.

Are you ever going to see a point? You post every arbitrary nonsense except Scripture every time you post. What's my point? No one is denying He was condemned to death. The question is when was He "condemned to be crucified" and crucified in fact? <<No one is denying when he was placed into the tomb was just before sunset on the day of preparation before the Sabbath>>. THAT IS THE POINT! No one is denying. Everybody is just accepting this grossest of lies under the sun of God's own creation for God's truth! <<the day of preparation before the Sabbath>> WAS THE DAY AFTER HE WAS CRUCIFIED, for heaven’s sake, r.e.a.d!!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Here, let me help you out. We should be able to save some time by simply looking at the fact that there are two Sabbaths; the first being the high Sabbath of the Feast of Unleavened Bread with the second being the weekly Sabbath.

Here, let me help you out by simply looking at the fact that there were two 'sabbaths',
the first, quote: "because That Day was great (or <high>) day-sabbath" John 19:31 <of the Feast of Unleavened Bread> quote: "having been The Preparation" John 19:31, quote: "because it was The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath" Mark 15:42 (the Sixth Day of the week);

with immediately following the second 'sabbath' having been quote: "the weekly Sabbath" [Sabbatohn] Matthew 28:1 quote: "the Sabbath according to (the Fourth) Commandment" Luke 23:56b which had started after sunset THE NEXT DAY FROM John 19:31 Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 Luke 23:50.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no desire to hear about your desire; it's what GOD desires and loves.
You can haughtily rant you are not under the Law but you're going to die just like me because you are under the Law whether you believe it or not. Sinners shall be under the Law for as long as they will be sinners and that is for as long as they will live, ou grootte, said Paul!

So I shall believe Christians must worship on the Sabbath because "Jesus gave them rest wherefore for the People of God Sabbaths-feast-of CHRIST the Substance remains of value for them" on strength of his Resurrection from the dead on That Day "the day The Seventh Day GOD thus concerning spake BY THE SON".

You, with your own imagined <rest> have NO SCRIPTURE for your believing your vanities.

You don't even know it seems that the Sabbath is not <Saturday>, but you think you with your rest are superior to GOD'S OWN REST as well as Day-of-Rest?

You think you are better because you <<can worship on any day of the week>>. Who's talking about daily worship now? You're just trying to dodge your responsibility towards the God of the SCRIPTURES the "Lord of the Sabbath-Day".

It's you, not I, who argue the irrelevant, that <<You can believe that you are observing the Sabbath>>. Show me where I claimed that? You're lying, clearly.

So you're wasting your breath further arguing <<Your belief - whether right or wrong - has no effect whatsoever on the truth>>-- it has no effect whatsoever! God's truth stands on Scripture or falls with Scripture. Do you believe God's Written Word can fail? I do not! And I as a result HAVE SCRIPTURE FOR WHAT I BELIEVE WHILE YOU HAVE NONE.
I have no desire to hear of your desire about my desire.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The plural form of Sabbaths occurs in John 20:1 as well as Acts 20:7. In both cases it is in the plural form because of it's placement within a feast, or the Sabbaths of those feast days. In 1 Corinthians 16:2 we see the singular form of the word which would be the ordinary form.

In the New Testament the Plural and Singular Genitive [Sabbatohn Sabbatou] are the same thing, the new, NT Koine Greek idiomatic use for the Seventh Day "OF THE WEEK Sabbath Day" wherever occurring. It never has anything to do with <<placement within a feast>> or with <<the Sabbaths of those feast days>> whatever you mean with that. Like in 1 Corinthians 16:2 where we see the Singular Genitive it is <the ordinary form> just the equivalent variant of the Plural Genitive.

There's no exception.
John 19:31 "Great-day-of-(feast-)on-the-sabbath" --- viz., in the feast-day "the bodies would not stay on the sabbath (Dative) because That Day was great-day-of-(feast-)on-the-sabbath." [meh meinehi epi tou staurou ta sohmata en tohi sabbatohi ehn gar megaleh heh hemera ekeinou tou sabbatois (Dative)].

Acts 13:42x45 "The Gentiles besought these words on the in-between-/intervening-sabbath to be spoken to them --- viz., 'on the feast-sabbath' before "the next / coming / following to-hear-the-Word-of-God-Sabbath" the weekly Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD'S Word.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Skeptics have claimed that there is a contradiction between Mark's and Luke's account. Mark 16:1 states that the women bought spices "after the Sabbath", and Luke 23:56 states that they then rested "on the Sabbath after they bought spices". John States that the bodies should not remain on the crosses because "that Sabbath was a high day" John 19:1. This "high day" refers to the first day of Unleavened Bread regardless of which day it falls on during the week.

Why should they be <sceptics>? Because they contradict you! Because not they, but YOU claim <<there is a contradiction between Mark's and Luke's account.>>

And what has Mark 16:1, the women bought spices "after the Sabbath", and Luke 23:56 the women "rested on the Sabbath" to do with one another?

And what has Mark's account in Mark 16:1 about Saturday night and Luke's account in Luke 23:56 about Friday night, got to do with John's statement in John 19:1 about THURSDAY NIGHT <<that the bodies should not remain on the crosses because "that Sabbath was a high day">>?

And aren't you ashamed to so misquote Scripture as here: quote <<Luke 23:56 states that they then rested "on the Sabbath after they bought spices">>.