Does the day of Christ resurrection tell us to worship on Sunday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Don't 'see' it in the above displayed before your eyes SCRIPTURE.

You Won't 'see' it because of your fear, because of your lack of knowledge, because of your cultivated distaste for the Sabbath of the Lord Jesus, because of your love for being esteemed among the deaf and blind.

You Will not 'see' it-- Will not, see this: The whole chapter, the greatest of Paul's sermons, with the Theme the battle-cry of his life. (One could say chapter 15 is Paul's only sermon he ever preached.) In the same way somehow or other the same chapter 15 recurs through all Paul's Letters. But what the Sundayers hate more than anything is to realise Paul preached this sermon before the Church of Christ Followers WEEKLY ON THE SABBATH DAY.

Following Paul's missionary journeys we find him preaching THIS sermon BEFORE THE CONGREGATION, just as regularly as he used it as theme and argument in all diatribe, dialogue, proclamation, confession, PRAYERS, <evangelising> or Letter or any other occasion of fellowship and worship -- i.e., ANY OCCASION OF GOING TO CHURCH – any occasion of <missionary outreach>.

Now do not even try the two solitary texts the Sunday-legalists have through all the centuries of heresy and idolatry in an apostate Christianity ABUSED without a blush of SHAME OR CONSCIENCE. By now the naked stupidity of the attempt has become a BORING INSULT TO INTELLIGENCE.

So where is the pulpit implied in the passage of Scripture <<that Paul .. on the sabbath day preached from>>? There, in the Church! The pulpit was the one Paul would have USED (even were it a tree-trunk next to a water stream) "on the Sabbath" the Day TO <preach> on, not <supposedly>, but the God-instituted "SABBATH TO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD ON".

If you are inferring Hebrews 4th chapter, then what about the words of Paul that says otherwise for what you are emphasizing for Gentiles to observe the sabbath day?

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

That has to include the regular sabbath and not just the annual sabbath for why no believer can judge a believer that regard the sabbath day or when a believer does not regard that day.

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

I have given you scripture for why what you say cannot be true.

Acts 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:1Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Sabbath ends Saturday at sunset and the first day of the week starts at sunset on Saturday.

Now while I have given scripture for when collection was held to take a portion from it of that collection for the support of the missionaries in the field AND the breaking of the bread is on the first day of the week, you do not have one scripture testifying of Paul preaching from the pulpit on the sabbath day.

The Good News is that if you did not regard the sabbath day perfectly, it doesn't matter because Jesus is in you and is with you always for why you are guiltless as it is His righteousness apart from the law that makes you stand.

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

So preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified. That is by Whom we are justified by; and not by the keeping of the sabbath day.

Reactions: Helen

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
you do not have one scripture testifying of Paul preaching from the pulpit on the sabbath day.

I do not see the bible prescribing Sabbath-Keeping for today, but I must admit that in Acts there are examples of Paul preaching on various Sabbaths (see Acts 17:2).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did not know that one could make an idol out of a day, but than we do make idols out of most things.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If you are inferring Hebrews 4th chapter, then what about the words of Paul that says otherwise for what you are emphasizing for Gentiles to observe the sabbath day?

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

That has to include the regular sabbath and not just the annual sabbath for why no believer can judge a believer that regard the sabbath day or when a believer does not regard that day.

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

I have given you scripture for why what you say cannot be true.

Acts 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:1Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Sabbath ends Saturday at sunset and the first day of the week starts at sunset on Saturday.

Now while I have given scripture for when collection was held to take a portion from it of that collection for the support of the missionaries in the field AND the breaking of the bread is on the first day of the week, you do not have one scripture testifying of Paul preaching from the pulpit on the sabbath day.

The Good News is that if you did not regard the sabbath day perfectly, it doesn't matter because Jesus is in you and is with you always for why you are guiltless as it is His righteousness apart from the law that makes you stand.

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

So preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified. That is by Whom we are justified by; and not by the keeping of the sabbath day.

I am not drunken and refuse to abuse Scripture totally irrelevant "here a little there a little".

And stop sending me your CV every time you wake up in your judgement day nightmares. Once was more than enough.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I do not see the bible prescribing Sabbath-Keeping for today, but I must admit that in Acts there are examples of Paul preaching on various Sabbaths (see Acts 17:2).

You see what you LOVE to see; and love is blind. Nevertheless I also do not say <the bible (is) prescribing Sabbath-Keeping for today> because "the Love of God constrains", "to worship Him"--, not as Christianity every Sunday in large numbers "makes a nice show of in the flesh", but to "suffer persecution for the CROSS OF CHRIST .. by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world" -- unto the world of Sunday idolatry "SHOW-OFF"! "For IN CHRIST the Law availeth nothing, BUT A NEW CREATURE" who by the love and grace of God received EYES TO SEE THE WONDROUS WORKS OF HIS SAVIOUR, none is more wondrous than his RESURRECTION, from the DEAD, "on the Sabbath BEFORE (...the irony...) the First Day of the week".

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Of prime importance for Paul's ONGOING preaching on Sabbaths (not only for the 3 Sabbaths in 17:2, but indefinitely afterwards, see 17:17 e.g.), was the Sabbath MESSAGE, "That Christ must needs have suffered and must needs have RAISED again from the dead, and that THIS JESUS [Paul quoting Peter saying in Acts 2:32, who in Acts 2:36 on Pentecost Sabbath preached "that same Jesus whom ye crucified (but whom) God raised" referring to Matthew 27:62-28:4 the only Biblical historic circumstantial record of Jesus' Resurrection: "the third day .. on the Sabbath".

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Re: <<Now while I have given scripture for when collection was held to take a portion from it of that collection for the support of the missionaries in the field>>
You did not have to, 1Corinthians 16:2 tells when, "every First Day of the week". I have no problem with it. You have! But I do take exception to your digested straw, <<when collection was held>>. No <collection was held>, but "when I (Paul) come (some time in future) ... I will send (some persons) to bring your liberality / charity to Jerusalem" which would take some days on end for sure.

Re: <<I have given scripture for .. the breaking of the bread is on the first day of the week>>.
No you haven't; you're lying. Don't try again, you'll waste your time AND my time, AGAIN.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What has the Sabbath to do with us

What has Christ's Resurrection to do with the Sabbath? That's what it's got to do with us!
"The Sabbath is a sign between YOU and ME, that I AM YOUR GOD"; "that I-AM-YOUR-GOD is your God, and you .. the People of God .. are my People", the People of I-AM-YOUR-GOD. Just because Christ rose from the dead on the Sabbath Day, yea, just because.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What has Christ's Resurrection to do with the Sabbath? That's what it's got to do with us!
"The Sabbath is a sign between YOU and ME, that I AM YOUR GOD"; "that I-AM-YOUR-GOD is your God, and you .. the People of God .. are my People", the People of I-AM-YOUR-GOD. Just because Christ rose from the dead on the Sabbath Day, yea, just because.
Its not a sign between Me and Him its a sign between Him and Israel we have ours. I do hope you keep the other commandments for your sake. May as well be an SDA,

Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why do many will be lost, they rely on man's ideas and traditions, rather than Gods word.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I rest on the 7th day according to the Commandment. I worship on any and every day of the week. To confuse the two in order to sanctify the 1st day of the week and so eclipse the 7th day is sleight of hand and has the imprint of the evil one.

This slippery trick is and will be part of the great deception which is on our doorstep now. It places the commandments of men ahead of the Commandments of God.

We are reminded in Revelation 14:12 'Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus'.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We're does Gods word come from, the testimonies of Christ and the inspiration through the Holy Spirit....
Actually if you want it you can get it from them right now. but men replaced them with the bible. But men dont want the truth, the need to prove to the world how smart they are. Look I can read a book, but I cant hear the voice of my lord.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

still even so late so few are listening.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually if you want it you can get it from them right now. but men replaced them with the bible. But men dont want the truth, the need to prove to the world how smart they are. Look I can read a book, but I cant hear the voice of my lord.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

still even so late so few are listening.
So the testimonies of Christ in His Word mean nothing, God forbid. I don't think you mean that.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So the testimonies of Christ in His Word mean nothing, God forbid. I don't think you mean that.
I have the living word, Jesus Christ, the Spirit of God and God Himself, just as was promised, I would of though one would prefer there husband to a book, but it seems that book has greater Status than God Himself.

And sarcasm really is not from God...

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the living word, Jesus Christ, the Spirit of God and God Himself, just as was promised, I would of though one would prefer there husband to a book, but it seems that book has greater Status than God Himself.

And sarcasm really is not from God...
That was not in anyway meant to be sarcasm, as the Bible is Christ Word and comes directly through Him and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit which is from Christ.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was not in anyway meant to be sarcasm, as the Bible is Christ Word and comes directly through Him and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit which is from Christ.
Actually one day when reality hits you will find a lot of it doesnt. And if it is an all it requires is one to quote scripture to be right, than we are all right. every religion on this earth is right because they are all based on the bible, and it si Gods word so it al lright. Ye really.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually one day when reality hits you will find a lot of it doesnt. And if it is an all it requires is one to quote scripture to be right, than we are all right. every religion on this earth is right because they are all based on the bible, and it si Gods word so it al lright. Ye really.
So that is why the question if you reject the testimonies of Christ and the Holy Spirit in Gods Word, just because you disagree with what it has as it does not change just because someone quotes it...