Does the day of Christ resurrection tell us to worship on Sunday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why is resting on the seventh day a benefit for man?
Because God's rest is in the seventh day. He imbued it with his holiness. You would know this if you actually kept it. This is how one begins to understand all of God's laws. God's way of understanding his wisdom is a "learn by doing" methodology. As you learn to keep God's laws, you begin to see why they make so much sense.

When we put away our own works in favor of God's rest, we are then able to see that we may rest from all our works, and begin anew building the kingdom in, with, and through Christ. God does it all. There is no work done on our part. It is all accomplished in, with, and through Christ.

Changing God's laws only leads to ignorance, error, and confusion. What benefit do you see to changing God's laws? Do you really think you can improve upon God's laws?

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because God's rest is in the seventh day. He imbued it with his holiness. You would know this if you actually kept it. This is how one begins to understand all of God's laws. God's way of understanding his wisdom is a "learn by doing" methodology. As you learn to keep God's laws, you begin to see why they make so much sense.

When we put away our own works in favor of God's rest, we are then able to see that we may rest from all our works, and begin anew building the kingdom in, with, and through Christ. God does it all. There is no work done on our part. It is all accomplished in, with, and through Christ.

Changing God's laws only leads to ignorance, error, and confusion. What benefit do you see to changing God's laws? Do you really think you can improve upon God's laws?
I do keep the Sabbath (the Sabbath to which the Mosaic Law pointed). Do you, or do you turn back to "Egypt"?

Do you know the greater Sabbath to which the Mosaic Law pointed?

Last edited:

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I do keep the Sabbath (the Sabbath to which the Mosaic Law pointed).

Sorry, I thought you claimed you didn't keep the Seventh Day Sabbath. My mistake.

Do you, or do you turn back to "Egypt"?

They didn't keep the Sabbath in Egypt which is why God was so upset with them even though they had only been out of Egypt for a couple of weeks.

Do you know the greater Sabbath to which the Mosaic Law pointed?

Do you know that you still aren't defending your faith? You're simply asking vague questions which will never serve as evidence to defend your position.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I thought you claimed you didn't keep the Seventh Day Sabbath. My mistake.

They didn't keep the Sabbath in Egypt which is why God was so upset with them even though they had only been out of Egypt for a couple of weeks.

Do you know that you still aren't defending your faith? You're simply asking vague questions which will never serve as evidence to defend your position.
Yes. I do know. I made a statement that I observe the greater Sabbath (the Sabbath to which the Law pointed) without defending that faith. But my question is specific... Would you prefer to keep the Mosaic Law in regards to resting on the seventh day or actually enter into the Sabbath to which the Law pointed? You cannot do both. No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes. I do know.

And yet, Peter himself pointed out that you are to be ready with an answer to defend your faith. This is only natural for those who are resting in Christ. What makes you think you're exempt?

I made a statement that I observe the greater Sabbath (the Sabbath to which the Law pointed) without defending that faith.

Again, no one has forgotten anything you've already posted. We're only pointing out that you have no reason to believe this other than your baseless claim.

But my question is specific...

I have addressed your questions up to this point, but since you have not returned the favor, I will now treat you with the same level of disdain you have treated me, and ignore them from now on. I will not dignify your trolling wth a response either.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, Peter himself pointed out that you are to be ready with an answer to defend your faith. This is only natural for those who are resting in Christ. What makes you think you're exempt?

Again, no one has forgotten anything you've already posted. We're only pointing out that you have no reason to believe this other than your baseless claim.

I have addressed your questions up to this point, but since you have not returned the favor, I will now treat you with the same level of disdain you have treated me, and ignore them from now on. I will not dignify your trolling wth a response either.
My faith is Christ.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only e begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

You are under no obligation to answer. I do not confuse your ideas about embracing the Mosaic Law with your faith itself. But consider which is more important to you - clinging to the Law or entering into that which the Law foreshadowed.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My faith is Christ.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only e begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

You are under no obligation to answer. I do not confuse your ideas about embracing the Mosaic Law with your faith itself. But consider which is more important to you - clinging to the Law or entering into that which the Law foreshadowed.

You still haven't addressed my questions:

"What benefit do you see to changing God's laws? Do you really think you can improve upon God's laws?"

You didn't address this post either:

"The early church, including gentile converts kept the Sabbath along with the rest of the Mosaic law because that was what was required, not just in order to convert to Judaism, but as a consequence of becoming a child of God.

Notice what the book of Acts has to say on the subject:

"Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:"

Luke is pointing out that they don't need to give an exhaustive list of offenses to these recently converted Gentiles, but he does point out that there are some things which do need to be address, most especially what follows:

"20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood."

These are all right from the Mosaic law. These seem to be the most egregious problems with gentile converts at that time, but they were by no means the only problems, which is why he then says this:

"21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day."

They can go to the synagogues on the Sabbath to hear all of God's commandments, and learn how to keep them there.

Prior to a gentile becoming a member of the chosen people, a Jew could give or sell them animals that had not been properly slaughtered according to the dietary laws. If a Jew had a pig on their property, they could also sell it to a gentile as well. Once a gentile converted to Judaism, this was no longer an option for them anymore. This is exactly the same case with the church because the church was still a sect of Judaism. The only difference being they believed Jesus was the messiah.

The thought that Sunday replaced Saturday as the Sabbath is wrong.
True. So why don't Christians keep the Sabbath anymore?

The point of Sunday is the New Covenant (new creation, the kingdom here) having entered into Christ's Sabbath through rebirth.
This is unbiblical. It's also a Non Sequitur. Christ himself ushered in the New Covenant, and he never stopped keeping the Sabbath.

In other words, the Sabbath has been fulfilled,
Christ fulfilled all of the law, therefore according to your logic, all of the law has been fulfilled.

Christians have entered into this Rest, and Christ's resurrection teaches us to worship EVERYDAY.
And rest every day. Therefore there is no need or desire to work at all."

All you're doing is making claims with nothing to back any of it up. Nobody is ignorant of your position. We don't need to be reminded of what it is repeately.

I have simply pointed out the flaws in your position which you have ignored. If the law is done away with, then the whole law is done away with which is probably why so many Christians claim that they are no longer married to their spouses anymore. They married to Christ. See how that works? They don't even have to go through those silly ceremonies anymore because those were just for Jews under the law.

What better way to absolve oneself from sin than to simply ignore the law completely? No law means no sin, and more importantly, no need for a savior which is what Paul must mean when he says, "therefore there is no more sacrifice for sin". If you can't transgress non existent laws, then you certainly don't need a savior.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They can go to the synagogues on the Sabbath to hear all of God's commandments, and learn how to keep them there.
The thing I can’t understand about your theology is that God says He writes His laws on the born agains hearts. This to me would imply that first off I don’t need you or any other man telling me what God’s law/laws are allegedly that I need to keep, would you not agree that He is perfectly capable as a Father to lead His children?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"What benefit do you see to changing God's laws? Do you really think you can improve upon God's laws?"

"The early church, including gentile converts kept the Sabbath along with the rest of the Mosaic law because that was what was required, not just in order to convert to Judaism, but as a consequence of becoming a child of God.

"Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:"

Luke is pointing out that they don't need to give an exhaustive list of offenses to these recently converted Gentiles, but he does point out that there are some things which do need to be address, most especially what follows:

"20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood."

These are all right from the Mosaic law. These seem to be the most egregious problems with gentile converts at that time, but they were by no means the only problems, which is why he then says this:

"21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day."

Prior to a gentile becoming a member of the chosen people, a Jew could give or sell them animals that had not been properly slaughtered according to the dietary laws. If a Jew had a pig on their property, they could also sell it to a gentile as well. Once a gentile converted to Judaism, this was no longer an option for them anymore. This is exactly the same case with the church because the church was still a sect of Judaism. The only difference being they believed Jesus was the messiah.

The point of Sunday is the New Covenant (new creation, the kingdom here) having entered into Christ's Sabbath through rebirth.
This is unbiblical. It's also a Non Sequitur. Christ himself ushered in the New Covenant, and he never stopped keeping the Sabbath.

Christ fulfilled all of the law, therefore according to your logic, all of the law has been fulfilled.

Christians have entered into this Rest, and Christ's resurrection teaches us to worship EVERYDAY.

All you're doing is making claims with nothing to back any of it up. Nobody is ignorant of your position. We don't need to be reminded of what it is repeately.

I have simply pointed out the flaws in your position which you have ignored. If the law is done away with, then the whole law is done away with which is probably why so many Christians claim that they are no longer married to their spouses anymore. They married to Christ. See how that works? They don't even have to go through those silly ceremonies anymore because those were just for Jews under the law.

What better way to absolve oneself from sin than to simply ignore the law completely? No law means no sin, and more importantly, no need for a savior which is what Paul must mean when he says, "therefore there is no more sacrifice for sin". If you can't transgress non existent laws, then you certainly don't need a savior.
So if God isn’t a liar and He has written His laws on my heart (in my mind) why do I need to go to the synagog of shnarkel to hear what He has to tell me?

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have not addressed your questions, you are right. This is because I do observe the Sabbath (I have entered into the Sabbath to which the Law testified). I have no interest in treading upon the blood of Christ by turning back to "Egypt".

Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. "So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not addressed your questions, you are right. This is because I do observe the Sabbath (I have entered into the Sabbath to which the Law testified). I have no interest in treading upon the blood of Christ by turning back to "Egypt".

Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. "So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
No doubt they in fact wanted to go back to the meat pots, but the good news is He’s given us the power to become the sons of God.

Reactions: John Caldwell

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In numerous languages, the Sabbath is synonymous with the seventh day of the week. It can't be changed anymore than we could refer to Tuesday as Saturday. You can't go anywhere in Mexico, and refer to the seventh day as anything other than "Sabado" which means "Sabbath".

Why does he care what day of the week his chosen people assemble then? Just as importantly, why do churches care what day of the week they assemble then? Are there any churches that have an open door policy, and let their congregations meets whenever anyone pleases? Don't they all have set times when they meet? Why would they do this if it doesn't matter to God?

There is no reason to assume that Paul is using "a Sabbath day" to mean anything other than the seventh day Sabbath. There is no place in the new testament that I am aware of where Paul is profaning the Sabbath, or disregarding any of the Feast days. The book of Acts explicitly points out that he is keeping the feast days. If he's an apostle to the gentiles, would he be the first one to disregard the Sabbath and feast days?

"In numerous languages, the Sabbath is synonymous with the seventh day of the week. It can't be changed anymore than we could refer to Tuesday as Saturday."

And who is to say God started creation on a Sunday? There were no names of days then...so does it not make sense that one should work for 6 days, and rest on the 7th day, no matter what "day of the week" it is? What of the many who have no choice, who have to work at their jobs on Saturdays?

'God does not care what "day" of the week we assemble.'
"Why does he care what day of the week his chosen people assemble then?"

If you are going to assemble only on a Saturday then you better get to fulfilling ALL of Gods Laws that were given only to the ISRAELITE'S.

"Just as importantly, why do churches care what day of the week they assemble then?" <---I once attended a Church that had services on Sunday AND Wednesday nights, is something wrong with that, what if we met everyday??
"Are there any churches that have an open door policy, and let their congregations meets whenever anyone pleases? Don't they all have set times when they meet? Why would they do this if it doesn't matter to God?" <--- Of course there needs to be days and times for assembly, that is a no brainier. My Church has many small groups that meet weekly. This is bible study and fellow-shipping-whether we gather on a Sat. or a Sun. or a Wed. We are together of one mind and, if it were up to me, I would wish there were even more fellow-shipping like EVERYDAY! We worship Him, we pray and sing to Him as we gather so...does that displease God because it might not be on a Saturday all the time?

Colossians 2:16
"Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--"
There is no reason to assume that Paul is using "a Sabbath day" to mean anything other than the seventh day Sabbath. There is no place in the new testament that I am aware of where Paul is profaning the Sabbath, or disregarding any of the Feast days. The book of Acts explicitly points out that he is keeping the feast days. If he's an apostle to the gentiles, would he be the first one to disregard the Sabbath and feast days?
<---Yes, I'm sure Paul was speaking of the Saturday Sabbath when he said to let no man JUDGE in regards to these things.
Not sure where you are going with this: "There is no place in the new testament that I am aware of where Paul is profaning the Sabbath, or disregarding any of the Feast days."
I never suggested this. And he was all things to all people.

"For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, that I might win the more. 20 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, though not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, that I may by all means save some. 23 And I do all things for the sake of the gospel, that I may become a fellow partaker of it." 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
(yes,Paul was primarily sent to the Gentiles, but he also preached to the Jews)

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The thing I can’t understand about your theology is that God says He writes His laws on the born agains hearts.

Correct. That is under the New Covenant.

This to me would imply that first off I don’t need you or any other man telling me what God’s law/laws are allegedly that I need to keep,

If you've been given a new heart, that would be correct. However, if you've made a commitment to keep God's commandments because that's what those in a covenant relationship do, then you're still under the Old Covenant which was based upon your decision to keep God's commandments to the best of your ability. Everyone under the Old Covenant must rely upon Christ's sacrifice to cover their sins, and sin they must because they are relying upon their own "will and effort" to do so(Rom.9:16).

would you not agree that He is perfectly capable as a Father to lead His children?

And he most certainly does grant a new heart to those he has chosen to enter into the New Covenant which not only leads them, but enables them to keep God's laws perfectly. Do you keep God's laws perfectly? The proof is easily appraised by the evidence.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So if God isn’t a liar and He has written His laws on my heart (in my mind) why do I need to go to the synagog of shnarkel to hear what He has to tell me?

You wouldn't. But again, the law is a witness to the truth, and if you think you can ignore God's law, then you obviously don't have them written on your heart to begin with. You're deceived. Paul is quite clear in pointing out that the only ones who are not under the law are those who are still living carnally. They simply can't be under the law.

"7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God."

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

How can you be lord of the Sabbath when you don't observe it? You are deflecting. You're not addressing my post. You're just repeating yourself. You're not advancing your position at all. You have no defense for whatever it is that you think you believe in. No one is turning back to Egypt by observing a seventh day Sabbath. If that were the case, then Christ himself would be guilty as well. Of course we know that can't be the case, therefore, it is you who is turning back to Egypt with your traditions of men which make void God's commandments. Christ has some choice words for people who seek to annul God's commandments, and justify their own ways.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wouldn't. But again, the law is a witness to the truth, and if you think you can ignore God's law, then you obviously don't have them written on your heart to begin with. You're deceived. Paul is quite clear in pointing out that the only ones who are not under the law are those who are still living carnally. They simply can't be under the law.

"7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God."
“The law is a witness to the truth”
I thought scripture says you’ll know them by their fruits?

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you be lord of the Sabbath when you don't observe it? You are deflecting. You're not addressing my post. You're just repeating yourself. You're not advancing your position at all. You have no defense for whatever it is that you think you believe in. No one is turning back to Egypt by observing a seventh day Sabbath. If that were the case, then Christ himself would be guilty as well. Of course we know that can't be the case, therefore, it is you who is turning back to Egypt with your traditions of men which make void God's commandments. Christ has some choice words for people who seek to annul God's commandments, and justify their own ways.
I am not Lord of the Sabbath. Christ is. I observe the Sabbath to which the Mosaic Law was but a shadow.

I have never been under the Mosaic Law. I am not a descendent of Abraham in that sense and my High Priest is not a Levite. I am a "child of Promise", a spiritual descendent of Abraham (not Jacob) with a High Priest who is Christ and it is His Sabbath I observe.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God."
Of course not, no one could or can please God, have you not read, this is why He’s sent Christ in whom He’s pleases?

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And who is to say God started creation on a Sunday?

The bible for one. On the first day God said, "Let there be light", and the first day was then named after the creation of light which these pagan civilizations observe and revere.

There were no names of days then...

Sure there were. What better way to remember the creation of light than to refer to it as Sunday?

so does it not make sense that one should work for 6 days, and rest on the 7th day, no matter what "day of the week" it is?

It makes sense that we should all rest on the same day. Paul makes this point a few times. He points out that we should all be in agreement, and what better way to be in agreement than to agree on what day is appropriate to rest? Given that God has taken the guesswork out of it, and given us a straightforward commandment to keep the seventh day holy, I'm a bit confused as to why anyone would want to change God's laws.

What of the many who have no choice, who have to work at their jobs on Saturdays?

You mean those who serve Mammon rather than God? Have you ever noticed that this has never been a problem for observant Jews? It is no coincidence that they tend to make more than enough money. Could it be that God has blessed them, and "added all these things" to them for their obedience?
If you are going to assemble only on a Saturday then you better get to fulfilling ALL of Gods Laws that were given only to the ISRAELITE'S.

Where am I suggesting otherwise? I've repeatedly pointed out that the New Covenant is for Israel, and Judah alone. Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 11:19; 36:26; Hebrews 8:9,10 There is only one reason given for the new heart God grants to his people under the new covenant, and that's so that they can keep his commandments.

Luke wrote to the New Testament church in his book of Acts, and clearly points out that the laws given to Israel on Mt. Sinai were given to the New Testament church. "This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto US" Acts 7:38

I once attended a Church that had services on Sunday AND Wednesday nights, is something wrong with that, what if we met everyday??

That's not the issue. The issue is profaning the Sabbath. Why do Christians feel this irresistible urge to profane the Sabbath?

"Are there any churches that have an open door policy, and let their congregations meets whenever anyone pleases? Don't they all have set times when they meet? Why would they do this if it doesn't matter to God?" <---

Of course there needs to be days and times for assembly, that is a no brainier.

Granted, but then this doesn't answer my question. Why change it? Why go out of one's way to profane God's Sabbath?

My Church has many small groups that meet weekly. This is bible study and fellow-shipping-whether we gather on a Sat. or a Sun. or a Wed. We are together of one mind and, if it were up to me, I would wish there were even more fellow-shipping like EVERYDAY! We worship Him, we pray and sing to Him as we gather so...does that displease God because it might not be on a Saturday all the time?

Observant Jews, Seventh Day Adventists, etc. all meet during the week as well. This doesn't cause them to suddenly ignore or profane the Sabbath. Why does meeting on Sunday necessitate profaning the Sabbath? Why does meeting on Wednesday evening to study God's work necessitate profaning the Sabbath?

Colossians 2:16
Yes, I'm sure Paul was speaking of the Saturday Sabbath when he said to let no man JUDGE in regards to these things.

I'm pointing out that Paul explicitly uses the word "regard". In the Greek, the word literally means "taking part; participation". Who would be judging them for taking part in a Sabbath observance?

Not sure where you are going with this:

I'm pointing out that Paul is careful to use this term "man", and in each case, there is nothing to indicate that the man judging is a Jew.
I never suggested this. And he was all things to all people.

He wasn't a sinner for the sinner. Paul does not disregard God's commandments to save anyone.

"For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, that I might win the more. 20 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, though not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, that I might win those who are without law.
When Paul says, "under the law" he is referring to the penalty of the law. The Jews were under the penalty because they were trying to justify themselves by their works. Paul is justified by faith which still places him under the law, but as he says, 'under the law to Christ'. If Paul sins, he must rely upon Christ's sacrifice to cover his sin. Those who attempt to justify themselves by their works, can only place themselves under condemnation, or "the curse" of the law. Paul clearly points out that EVERYONE is under the law. This is regardless of one's identity as an Israelite or not. Paul clearly says, "to the Jew first, then the Gentile". There is no difference in the gospel message. It's the same gospel given to everyone.

22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, that I may by all means save some. 23 And I do all things for the sake of the gospel, that I may become a fellow partaker of it." 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
(yes,Paul was primarily sent to the Gentiles, but he also preached to the Jews)

Again, at no time does Paul disregard God's commandments to save anyone. He doesn't become a sinner to save the sinner. He doesn't have to profane the Sabbath to save anyone. He doesn't have to break any of God's commandments in order to save anyone. More importantly, he never comes up with a principle that does away with any of God's commandments. The only law that is done away with is the sacrificial system, and even then that is only for those who have entered into the New Covenant where sin no longer exists.

Last edited:

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God."
Of course not, no one could or can please God,

False. " he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully MET IN US, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you... if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body you will live."

If not, then one is a "slave to the law of sin".