Does the Kingdom of God being at hand mean it will come or that it has come?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you not even read the Bible at all? Why are you even posting on a Christian forum?

There is good news for those you do not know the Lord our God Jesus Christ!!!!

And the good news is that because of His forgiveness, His mercy, and Grace we can personally get to know Him!! Indeed "ANYONE" CAN HEAR FROM HIM!!! This is explained in the Bible. Indeed, it is the important message that the Bible has, and which we who know Him have also!! WE - YOU - AND ANYONE WHO CHOOSES TO REPENT OF THEIR WAYS AND TURN TO THE LORD AND LISTEN TO HIM FOR HIS WAYS.

Rev 3:19,20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

That is the GOOD NEWS - that you personally can hear the voice of the Lord!! In fact it turns out the He the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS is just standing there talking to you so that if you decide to listen to Him and open up to Him and seek what He has to say to you!!

But since you asked, let me tell you how it works. God is spirit and so He sends His Holy Spirit to speak to your spirit. So you pick up the word of God we are preaching in you mouth and in your heart! And since it is the word of God we are preaching, we should be hearing Him in words - often call that small voice in the church now-a-days.

Rom 10:8 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

And so it is written that His sheep hear His voice:

And it is that very thing that gives you life!!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Do you see it in what's written above? The words of His which come through His Holy Spirit is what gives us life!!!

Oh I see it..and I ask again..how did God give you life?
So if we have "Christians" around our church who do not hear from Him personally, they need to!! And we do have them coming to our churches, and it doesn't seem like we have made this clear to them, and there will be many how say to our Lord on that day that they did things in His name only to be told by Him that He never knew them!! And we, those who hear His voice, are told to preach the Word of God, meaning that the word of God is near us, like explained above.

So why are you asking: By what means does he use to speak directly to you?

Was this not explained to you at your church?
Huh.explained to me by my church, are you being serious...how can pastors testify with our spirit that we are children of God?

Do you not hear from Him?
Do you not try hearing Him by faith, vis the Holy Spirit?

Of maybe I can just combine those question by pointing to this scripture:

Gal 3:2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of [the Law, or by hearing with faith?
How did you receive the Holy Spirit...scripture please?
As for me - I receive the Spirit by hearing with faith!!
And that hearing with my spiritual ears has, like John and others in the Bible, to be hooked up with the King and His Kingdom!

Rev 4: 1,2 After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things.”
Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne was standing in heaven, and One sitting on the throne.
He sends his Spirit to speak to your spirit does he?

How can you be in the Spirit?

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God?

I’m still waiting for my questions to be answered...?

Maybe you can talk me through what this scripture means?

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see it..and I ask again..how did God give you life?

Huh.explained to me by my church, are you being serious...how can pastors testify with our spirit that we are children of God?

He sends his Spirit to speak to your spirit does he?

How can you be in the Spirit?

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God?

I’m still waiting for my questions to be answered...?

You questions were answer but you didn't understand because you don't listen to Him!! So you don't have the Spirit of God working in you!

Otherwise you wouldn't ask the things you ask:

For example you asked above:

how can pastors testify with our spirit that we are children of God?

They can testify because the Lord specifically told them - but they might also lie to you if they are not listening to Him - of course.

It if for that reason Jesus told them:

Jn 8:43 “Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.

And so you also ask:

When I already gave you many many Scriptures - for more that you provided!! Even that which clearly explained that anyone can hear Him and open up to Him, but you reject that for leaning on your own understanding, and even refuse to believe what is written to you - which would include what I wrote and all the Scriptures which you are putting you faith in instead of putting your faith in Jesus Christ - and shown by your asking "scripture please" instead of asking the Lord Jesus Christ and listening to Him!

So you state: You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God - but fail to realize that if you yourself are born again you would hear the sound of the wind and testify about hearing - instead of sounding like that snake whose first words were "Did God really say"

Jn 3:8 “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Jn 3:11 “Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

So it is that I testify about actually hearing from the Lord who is the King of Kings and so also about His Kingdom to show that, but you do not. I provide Scriptures to back up what I say, and you deny. You want more scripture but don't have an understanding of them, because you don't hear the sound of the wind, and testify about what you hear, but again you are like that snake or Nicodemus who like to challenge anyone who testifies about hearing with their spiritual ears, but who were unwilling to listen for themselves!

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?”

So you work against the will and work of God, that all should come to know Him. Yet you pretend obedience:

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen To the instruction of the LORD;

You don't listen so you fail to realize that the "Born Again" part in John chapter 3 was said to Nicodemus to get him to consider actually listening with His spiritual ears and thus let the Lord come into Him and reason with him via His Holy Spirit.

You don't even see how ironic it is that you ask about how to hear from the Lord and still claim you are Born Again!! Sir, if you were "Born Again" you would be hearing with your spiritual ears and would not have to ask!! So, you pretense is obvious to anyone who does actually hear the Lord and thus have gotten to know Him personally!! So, it should be obvious to you too, but you don't even consider the words that come out your mouth so as to get the message the Lord is trying to get through to you!

You don't understand that when you ask someone how they hear from Him, that question is for you personally! Yet you were so busy trying to find the faults in others, like many of the news reports today, that you failed to realize the problem is yours, personally!

Are you proclaiming/preaching the Kingdom of God and that to include the King, His Father, and His Holy Spirit, along with the angels of heaven, or are you trying to proclaim yourself?

As for me, I have my instructions. He wants me preaching the Word of God and that to be Him our Lord Jesus Christ, and Him as the King over His Kingdom. Indeed, He asks me to preach first the Kingdom of God, even before proclaiming Him!!

He said it is something like selling a car. If you are selling the car you first point to the car and the benefits of having it, then you open the door for them to get in and drive it. In the same way, He explained, we should point to the Kingdom of God and the benefits we will get from it, then we open the door (and He is the door to the Kingdom) and let the get in to drive it.

Yet if you refuse to open up to Him, who then to you say you know about the King or the Kingdom of God?

So you ask: How can you be in the Spirit?

If you had to ask you did listen to Him, because that is how you can be in the Holy Spirit!! The Word of God is the door!

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Do you or do you not see angels descending and ascending on Him everyday?
Nope, but account of disciple Nathanael and Peter, they witnessed.
So is the Kingdom of heaven at hand now, that we have access to it now - or do you think that it is something that will come to earth later, and why do you think that?
Since, GOD is the HEAD of Christ in Heaven, and Christ is the Head of the church here on earth. Where, every believer are functioning members of His body, serving the Kingdom of GOD and man.

To, proclaim the Gospel and make disciples of all nation, therefore partly the Kingdom of GOD is 'at hand'. While also laboring in the midst of the kingdom of man, that is the kingdom of this world.

Now, prayers in regards, 'Thy kingdom come', to continue. 'Thy will be done here on earth as it is in Heaven.' Apparently, this is for HIS Kingdom to come and HIS will be done, to fully reign and rule over the earth.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, but account of disciple Nathanael and Peter, they witnessed.

Since, GOD is the HEAD of Christ in Heaven, and Christ is the Head of the church here on earth. Where, every believer are functioning members of His body, serving the Kingdom of GOD and man.

To, proclaim the Gospel and make disciples of all nation, therefore partly the Kingdom of GOD is 'at hand'. While also laboring in the midst of the kingdom of man, that is the kingdom of this world.

Now, prayers in regards, 'Thy kingdom come', to continue. 'Thy will be done here on earth as it is in Heaven.' Apparently, this is for HIS Kingdom to come and HIS will be done, to fully reign and rule over the earth.

If you indeed believed "account of His disciples even like Nathanael and Peter" you would have been seeking the KING OF KINGS and His Kingdom of God.

So it was the Jesus had to explain to the Jews in general:

Jn 5: 38 -39 “You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Jn 5: 46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.
“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

And did you not read what Jesus first said to Nathanael?

Jn 1:47-51 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him, and *said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no deceit!”
Nathanael *said to Him, “How do You know me?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”
Nathanael answered Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Because I said to you that I saw you under the fig tree, do you believe? You will see greater things than these.”
And He *said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see the heavens opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”

You don't understand the above because you don't know Jesus Christ personally!

Under the fig tree there was some communication between God and Nathanael and Jesus being the Word of God and God (which you also do not understand because you don't listen to Him whose name is called Word of God) was the One in that conversation and saw Nathanael. Of course that conversation happened via the Kingdom of God of which Jesus was still the King. So when Nathanael heard that Jesus had been the One who saw him in at that time, Nathanael instantly knew that He in front of him in the flesh was the Christ. Therefore, even before Jesus appeared to him in the flesh, Nathanael was communicating with our Lord Jesus Christ via His Holy Spirit communicating with his spirit. Therefore Jesus told Him that he was going to see angels ascending and descending on Him. And that is something that will happen after you come to know the KING OF KINGS personally. Of course that is the case, because can you really come to know the King without at some point come to know others who serve Him. Did you not even read:

HEb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

That is exactly who the angels are. They are ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation - yet according to you; you don't know about them???

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
If you indeed believed "account of His disciples even like Nathanael and Peter" you would have been seeking the KING OF KINGS and His Kingdom of God.
For the record, am born again since September 11, when the twin towers were attacked.
So it was the Jesus had to explain to the Jews in general:
Apparently, Jesus had to prophesy in initiation of one's anointing by GOD, but they witnessed for themselves.

Even, Apostle Peter who received the 'key', of allowing and disallowing things to the matter of the church. His witnessing of angels travelling back and fort the ladder, earth to Heaven and back.

Most probably, the angels are bringing every petition of what is allowed and disallowed by Peter, back and forth the ladder, i believe.