Does the Paraclete guide different believers differently on the same issue?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Generally speaking, the Paraclete guides believers to unity and peace.

NIV John 14:

26 But the Advocate [Paraclete], the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
Does the Paraclete teach one believer that eating blood is okay and another that it is not?

On some specific issues, I think he does.

Romans 14:

1 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.
Both actions are from faith.

3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.
Both actions are okay in the eyes of God. It seems to be individualized.

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith, and everything that does not come from faith is sin.
Different Christians interpret the dietary law differently guided by the Paraclete.

Overall, however, there is still unity, Romans 15:

5 May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, 6 so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
See also Paul's understanding of the Spirit was higher than that of the Tyrian disciples.

Reactions: Randy Kluth