Which OT laws should I obey?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The neat thing about this is that the scriptures speak for themselves. And as I said the easiest way to prove that the Old Testament scriptures do not have the character of Christianity or pertain to Christians is to just quote them, they disqualify themselves.

Now you can attempt to twist the scriptures with your lies but now that they are posted people can read them and see what they actually mean.
I didn't twist it. Now that others can see how you mischaracterize the statements of others I should think they will dismiss your complaints as an agenda. You don't want to submit to God's rules for living.

I didn't misrepresent or twist what the passage said. And God did not remotely suggest that "raped women be murdered!" Misrepresentation, on the other hand, appears to be your MO.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't twist it. Now that others can see how you mischaracterize the statements of others I should think they will dismiss your complaints as an agenda. You don't want to submit to God's rules for living.

I didn't misrepresent or twist what the passage said. And God did not remotely suggest that "raped women be murdered!" Misrepresentation, on the other hand, appears to be your MO.

Like I said people can read it for themselves....

Soyeong

Jan 29, 2024
Hudson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Paul said what it meant....“Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), 7 or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
Indeed, Paul said when he meant when he referred to Deuteronomy 30 as the word of faith that we proclaim, yet it is not the word of faith that you proclaim.

The Mosaic Law allowed it and regulated fathers selling their daughters as concubines.

Exodus 21
7 “If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.

Do I have to keep rubbing your nose in it or can you actually go study the Mosaic Law?
It notably says nothing about selling their daughters as sex slaves, but rather it says that she is to have food, clothing , and marital rights.

Then you affirm the truth that those who do not practice righteousness are not children of God?

Most of the New Testament is about Christians not being under the Law.
The NT is about repenting from our sins and following God’s law in accordance with the Gospel, not about refusing to follow Christ.

And there are scriptures criticizing people that look to the Law.

And the storyline where Judaizers were harassing Paul’s ministry make that clear. Then you have the ruling of the meeting in Jerusalem that did not included the Law.
Christ spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey God’s law by word and by example and Paul’s problem with the Judaizers was not that they were teaching Gentiles how to follow Christ.

The Psalms express and extremely positive view of obeying the Mosaic Law, such as with David repeatedly saying that he loved it and delighted in obeying it, so if we consider the Psalms to be Scripture and to therefore express a correct view of obeying the Mosaic Law, then we will share it as Paul did (Romans 7:22) and will consider anything less than the view that we ought to delight in obeying it to be incompatible with the view that the Psalms are Scripture. For example, in Psalms 1:1-2, blessed are those who delight in the Law of the Lord and who meditate on it day and night, so we can’t believe in the truth of these words as Scripture while not allowing them to shape our view if obeying the Mosaic Law. Moreover, the NT authors considered the Psalms to be Scripture, so they should be interpreted as though they were in complete agreement with the view of obeying the Mosaic Law that is expressed in the Psalms.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, Paul said when he meant when he referred to Deuteronomy 30 as the word of faith that we proclaim, yet it is not the word of faith that you proclaim.
To the contrary he was making a contrast between the Old and New Testament were faith matters and Christ is the Word.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT is about repenting from our sins and following God’s law in accordance with the Gospel, not about refusing to follow Christ.

No one said anything about refusing Christ???
An we follow the teachings of Christ and the Apostles and the 2 Commandment of Christ.
Christ spent his ministry teaching his followers to obey God’s law by word and by example and Paul’s problem with the Judaizers was not that they were teaching Gentiles how to follow Christ.

Wrong again and again….you so funny.
How can one person be so wrong so many times….

The Jewish-Christians were harassing Paul’s ministry and were insisting that Gentile converts had to circumcised and follow the Mosaic Laws
But some of the sect of the Pharisees who had believed stood up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them and to direct them to observe the Law of Moses.” Acts 15:5 This is what the term Judaizers comes from.

And this was what prompted Paul to say…. Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. Galatians 5:3-4

Now some people get confuse by some of the things Christ said in the Gospels because during Christ’s ministry they were still in the Old Covenant and obligated to follow the Mosaic Law. And when Christ was talking with the Jews they were talking to Him about Judaism-Mosaic Laws and Christ was answering them in accordance with the Mosaic Laws and a lot of it did not entirely apply to Christianity. Called the Way at first and later Christianity.