Does YAHAVAH, God, sanctify a person who seeks him out? Or Do you do it on your own?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well today I searched over 50 Bible translations for Yahava. Guess what! NO YAHAVA!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for confirming there are no yet, published bibles that provide the word Yahavah as Gods name within them. It doesn't matter to me personally.

It may you, because my feet are dangling over the edge going in eternal hell fire about to be thrown into Ghenna.

Did you check out the Yeshuan translation? Gospel of John, Yeshuan Translation First Edition - Yeshuans

Some excerpts:

OBSERVATIONS

1. The footnotes contain a reference PO which represents, Point Outs. These are extra-biblical explanations of what is being said in the text above to the best of our understanding.

2. We call this volume, the Yeshuan Translation because that is what we consider ourselves to be, Yeshuan’s (or disciples of Yeshua the Messiah). We reject the name Jesus because that is not His name and names are important to God (Matthew 1:21; Luke 1:31), and we reject the title Christian because it has become so pregnant with ludicrous doctrines, practices, attitudes and associations in the world today that have no basis in scripture. “Our Kingdom is not of this world” (John 18:36) and we have zero interest in the way much of the religious world has used and abused the names and aims of YAHAVAH and His Son.

3. There are three colors to consider in the Yeshuan version of John – black, red and blue. Black represents narrative and dialogue from or between anyone other than Yeshua. Red are Yeshua’s words to all non-apostles and blue represent His words to His specific Apostles alone.

4. A special acknowledgment of the founding members of the Yeshuan’ family, including and not in any particular order, The Michael and Stephanie Anderson family, the Grady and Cheryl Risely family, the Adnan and Natalie Albeitawi family; the Oswaldo Cruz family, the Michael and ____ Lake Family, the Joe and Sarah Young family, Kathy “Maggie” Hansen, Danny Larsen, the constant love and support from our dear friends, Steve and Venessa Darnell and their family and the Shawn and Mary McCraney family including Mallory, Cassidy and Delaney.

5. Unlike most believers today, we do not subscribe to the man-made concept known by the titled, sola scriptura.

We do put the written word in a place of primacy as a second witness in our walk but suggest the following order for spiritual guidance and insight over the idea of sola scriptura:

1. The Spirit and its fruit are primary and preferential.

2. The written scripture is secondary and deferential.

3. Religious histories and traditions are tertiary and referential, and

4. Organized brick and mortar religious authority is unessential and inconsequential

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have actually been spelling the name without the last letter H, but that was my mistake of course. Yahava, is actually Yahavah, which is YHVH. Very thankful to be able to finally catch that because it was not realized off hand. Thank you, Jack!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have actually been spelling the name without the last letter H, but that was my mistake of course. Yahava, is actually Yahavah, which is YHVH. Very thankful to be able to finally catch that because it was not realized off hand. Thank you, Jack!
How long have you been a Bible Language expert?

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rella,

It's really hard to understand what you are saying. I believe personally sanctification plays a role in people who seek out Yahava. It's not a person sanctifying themselves, it is allowing Yahava to make a person holy.

Are you sure you are understanding my question fully?
I guess not

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you check out this translation that has yet to be released? Idk if they will ever release it in a bible or not. Did you check out the Yeshuan translation? Gospel of John, Yeshuan Translation First Edition - Yeshuans

Also, I am not a bible language expert, Jack. Other people are probably more qualified than myself. Glad that we are still human beings and Yahavah, loves you and loves me both equally. Praise be to YAHAVAH.

I do not think there is any bible that is called Christian Bible (maybe), but they typically name it Holy Bible, if anything because the bible tends to be out of this world.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you check out this translation that has yet to be released? Idk if they will ever release it in a bible or not. Did you check out the Yeshuan translation? Gospel of John, Yeshuan Translation First Edition - Yeshuans

Also, I am not a bible language expert, Jack. Other people are probably more qualified than myself. Glad that we are still human beings and Yahavah, loves you and loves me both equally. Praise be to YAHAVAH.

I do not think there is any bible that is called Christian Bible (maybe), but they typically name it Holy Bible, if anything because the bible tends to be out of this world.
I checked over 50 translations. NO YAHAVAH!!! As usual you make up your own god and your own religion! But why are you in a Christian forum? I don't think you have a clue.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Derailment happens quickly here, huh?

Back to the topic:

Consider the aspects of walking in a "new life."

Ro 6:3–4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

This passage does petition that we cleanse ourselves.

2 Co 7.1 Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.

And we are admonished here to work out our salvation. - but don't miss the second part of the passage. Sounds much like obedience to me.

Php 2:12–13 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Derailment happens quickly here, huh?

Back to the topic:
Thank you, Spyder.
Consider the aspects of walking in a "new life."

Ro 6:3–4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
This is definitely something consider, and eye opening here. Newness of life, from a prior life, when becoming baptized in the death of the Lord Yeshua, which he did everything concerning the Fathers will.
This passage does petition that we cleanse ourselves.

2 Co 7.1 Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.
Would that mean such as bringing every thought to Yahavah, or to being obedient to the mind of Christ?

2 Corinthians 10:5
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

1 Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Allowing Yahavah by the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit of Christ to help sanctify those thoughts and produce that of which fulfills his pleasure rather than our own?
And we are admonished here to work out our salvation. - but don't miss the second part of the passage. Sounds much like obedience to me.
The subject is pertaining mainly to sanctification. Working out ones own salvation of course, is a predication of saying all relationships had with Yahavah, are responsible for their own decisions.
Php 2:12–13 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
So it is Yahavah, God of Israel, that is creating a new life in a person who becomes integrated within the vine?

Jesus speaking to his chosen disciples at the time, stated,

Jesus, the True Vine​

15 “I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. 3 You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.

5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. 6 Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. 7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! 8 When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.

Reactions: Spyder

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, Spyder.

This is definitely something consider, and eye opening here. Newness of life, from a prior life, when becoming baptized in the death of the Lord Yeshua, which he did everything concerning the Fathers will.

Would that mean such as bringing every thought to Yahavah, or to being obedient to the mind of Christ?

2 Corinthians 10:5

5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

1 Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Allowing Yahavah by the Holy Spirit, and the Spirit of Christ to help sanctify those thoughts and produce that of which fulfills his pleasure rather than our own?

The subject is pertaining mainly to sanctification. Working out ones own salvation of course, is a predication of saying all relationships had with Yahavah, are responsible for their own decisions.

So it is Yahavah, God of Israel, that is creating a new life in a person who becomes integrated within the vine?

Jesus speaking to his chosen disciples at the time, stated,

Jesus, the True Vine​

15 “I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. 3 You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.

5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. 6 Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. 7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! 8 When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.
With the power of Yahweh's spirit, our sanctification serves to result in "may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless." We are to walk "in the spirit." It takes effort on our part as our worldly ways be subjected to the mind of Christ.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the power of Yahweh's spirit, our sanctification serves to result in "may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless." We are to walk "in the spirit." It takes effort on our part as our worldly ways be subjected to the mind of Christ.
While today is today, thank you for sharing spyder. May people’s hearts become softer in understanding in patience, joy, forbearance, kindness and the things of the Holy Spirit that come through abiding in Him by choice. Sometimes our flesh gets riled up, it’s good to learn the differences between the flesh and spirit.

”But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.“
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭22‬-‭26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Reactions: Spyder