Does YAHAVAH, God, sanctify a person who seeks him out? Or Do you do it on your own?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Yahava, God, sanctify a person who seeks him out? Or Do you do it on your own?

Exodus 29:
44 And I will sanctify the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar: I will sanctify also both Aaron and his sons, to minister to me in the priest's office.

45 And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

46 And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the Lord their God.

Today, with God living within people, does God sanctify them or do they sanctify themselves?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The metaphor of the Potter explains this well.

As a lump of clay spins on the wheel it requires lots of water (a metaphoric expression for Law) and pressure from the inside and outside to make a vessel. Not enough water and friction is created and the vessel will collapse.

If you ever get a chance to try making pottery on a wheel it's highly recommended.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The metaphor of the Potter explains this well.

As a lump of clay spins on the wheel it requires lots of water (a metaphoric expression for Law) and pressure from the inside and outside to make a vessel. Not enough water and friction is created and the vessel will collapse.

If you ever get a chance to try making pottery on a wheel it's highly recommended.

Hello JohnDB,

So it would be going to Yahava, and seek him out to sanctify oneself by the spirit in order to continue in good fruits and pleasures he seeks out for individuals through love?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello JohnDB,

So it would be going to Yahava, and seek him out to sanctify oneself by the spirit in order to continue in good fruits and pleasures he seeks out for individuals through love?
I get really confused by your spelling of the tetragrammiton. It's definitely not standard whatsoever.

And I really wouldn't characterize it this way....too much innuendo and metaphors for people to understand.

Reactions: Cassandra

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn’t help, thank you though, sir.

Would it be going to Yahava, the Father whom adopts people as his children in faith in His Son, allowing the Lord GOD ALMIGHTY, to write on our minds and hearts? And allow him to sanctify us, for his good purposes and pleasures which all protrude in the end an individual who loved Yahava first, and loved others.

I don’t think we can sanctify ourself. It’s allowing Yahava, God, to sanctify us which seems to come out of the willingly heart?

Trusting him to provide us help by the Spirit to love all people, no matter where they may be in their life?

Sometimes we trust other things to provide us help, but the worldly ways doesn’t always mean it works the best, the world is evil as it is, though reconciled to Yahava.

I don’t seem to read any metaphors or innuendo in my post; so sorry if it’s difficult to understand.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Yahava, God, sanctify a person who seeks him out? Or Do you do it on your own?

Exodus 29:
44 And I will sanctify the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar: I will sanctify also both Aaron and his sons, to minister to me in the priest's office.

46 And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the Lord their God.

Today, with God living within people, does God sanctify them or do they sanctify themselves?
Yahava Coffee?

• Love
Reactions: JohnDB

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone else like to comment? Yahava is the name I use to call God. Some use Yahweh, or Jehova, if people get offended by use of a desired name to use. I’m sorry, you use the preferred name you would use.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack, that is a company who makes coffee, named Yahava Coffee. That is not where I derived the information from, sir. Maybe they are making coffee for Yahava or something. I have no affiliation, thank you. :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a moment to consider what may be shared here if you would like, to Jack. :) That video may help in why it is I decide to use Yahava, and believe that it is indeed God's name.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack, that is a company who makes coffee, named Yahava Coffee. That is not where I derived the information from, sir. Maybe they are making coffee for Yahava or something. I have no affiliation, thank you. :)
Well gee Matt. I just can't find any Bible that says Yahava. Do you think Folgier's is another name for God?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well gee Matt. I just can't find any Bible that says Yahava. Do you think Folgier's is another name for God?
Can you tell me why you find the ability to desire to fight because you do not see the name Yahava anywhere in the bible?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never heard of Yahava Coffee, until I googled "Yahava", and Yahava coffee came up. Am I trying to make a marketing play to go and drink there coffee?

Absolutely not. It just happens to be coincidence if anything.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you tell me why you find the ability to desire to fight because you do not see the name Yahava anywhere in the bible?
Fight? If I'm "fighting" it's for the Bible that you are attacking constantly. Your Yahvava god is the road to Hell fire.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fight? If I'm "fighting" it's for the Bible that you are attacking constantly. Your Yahvava god is the road to Hell fire.
Okay, did you take a view of the other video I had shared ? I am okay with your insinuations of that I am going to hell.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end I fear Yahava, over people. No matter how well they are known the bible in and out and rankings and ya... ya...

I fear Yahava, the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, over people. I aint to worried if they deem me someone who is miss leading others or whatever - go ahead. I just simply share information, take or through it in the trash, my friend @Jack. :)

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, did you take a view of the other video I had shared ? I am okay with your insinuations of that I am going to hell.
You're the one "insinuating" that you're going to Hell. Every time you twist and reject the Bible. Is there anything in the Bible you believe? Anything?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're the one "insinuating" that you're going to Hell. Every time you twist and reject the Bible. Is there anything in the Bible you believe? Anything?

Let's stay on subject Jack.

Exodus 29:

Either answer these questions or I will just continue to ignore you as you are on my ignore list anyway. All the best to you!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end I fear Yahava, over people. No matter how well they are known the bible in and out and rankings and ya... ya...

I fear Yahava, the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, over people. I aint to worried if they deem me someone who is miss leading others or whatever - go ahead. I just simply share information, take or through it in the trash, my friend @Jack. :)
Where do you find "Yahava the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY" in the Bible? lol