Draft

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I know you are Canadian, at the moment joining the Armed Services is voluntary, but if made mandatory in case of war, then I think it's every American's duty to serve their Country.

Would you have me kill fellow Christians living in other countries in warfare?

What must Jesus think about his followers killing one another, and others, in service to the kingdoms of this world?

Mine will be a minority opinion: Christians are to serve the nations we live in without inflicting violence on ourselves or others.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I received information this week about a pastor who is a colleague of mine. He has been drafted. He’s a conscientious objector and he’s in serious trouble with the government. Where he lives, conscientious objectors aren’t tolerated. I’m not sure if he’s been imprisoned yet or not. He may be executed.

He lives and works in Russia.
Sorry to hear this Matthias.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Sorry to hear this Matthias.

He’s determined to act with the courage of his conviction. He will be persecuted. (He was before receiving the draft notice.) He may be martyred. He’s prepared for both.

I’m praying for him.

Reactions: dev553344

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I cannot even imagine facing off against a brother in Christ on a field of battle.

My brother may kill me but I will not take up arms against him.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad that turned out to be a possible misunderstanding sis @Nancy. I have a close relative just like that. Sometimes her news gets me on edge...
Lol Angelina, I love her dearly but I need to stop getting caught up in her sensationalism!
She is wrong on these kinds of things pretty much al the time but then, she say's "better safe than sorry"! :IDK:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I received information this week about a pastor who is a colleague of mine. He has been drafted. He’s a conscientious objector and he’s in serious trouble with the government. Where he lives, conscientious objectors aren’t tolerated. I’m not sure if he’s been imprisoned yet or not. He may be executed.

He lives and works in Russia.
Oh Lord help this man and his family!

Reactions: Matthias

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Lol Angelina, I love her dearly but I need to stop getting caught up in her sensationalism!
She is wrong on these kinds of things pretty much al the time but then, she say's "better safe than sorry"! :IDK:
I call it, "getting caught in their orbit" it can get stressful at times, double checking is always a good idea though :Broadly:

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I call it, "getting caught in their orbit" it can get stressful at times, double checking is always a good idea though :Broadly:
Yes, think twice, comment once, hahaha! like the carpenters saying "measure twice, cut once" :Agreed:

Reactions: Angelina