Dream And Vision Interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I have to tune out things if they are disturbing my peace during my awake time, like stop watching the news or stop thinking about/worrying about a particular issue; things like that. But when it comes to receiving bad dreams, if I discern that they've been sent by the enemy, I'll pray that the Lord makes them stop and/or rebuke the spirit that's sending them to me. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I think the last few I've had were from God, and just short dreams to tell me something, but I'm not dreaming much at all right now.

Anyway, sounds like there's even some anxiety about your prayers ("But I really am focusing on praying against these dreams"). Just pray the prayers and trust God. Focusing and being determined is one thing, but "really focusing" might mean that the enemy has also even made prayer into a source of anxiety for you, and that shouldn't be. Just every time you dream and/or think about something that brings anxiety, pray, and ask for the peace of God to come upon you. And pray that He prevents the bad things from happening that the enemy says will in your dreams, too. :)
Thanks Chris. Ongoing battle for sure. More then usual lately. Working on fighting back.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Cristo Rei

Transferring your dream from the Australian threads to here. This was my initial thread when I joined the community, and where several dreams by members were posted.

I never thought it was paralysis, that was someone else's explanation. Their my reaccuring dreams for as long as I can remember.
Eg. Im being chased by something but im so slow, my legs get heavier and heavier. That's a version I would get a lot when I was younger.
Eg. I could be just standing around with friends and im trying to hide the fact that i cant move my legs. I get this more these days

Another reoccurring dream i get, but not as often, is people picking on me while im trying to remain cool

The dream that freaked me out the most recently was this one.
I was on holiday in the homeland of my parents, with them. Me and mum were on this rock.
Then my mum got too close to the edge and fell. It was a about a 2 meter drop. I looked down and she was ok.
She hadn't fallen into the water but was on precarious ledge so i went down there.
It only took 5 seconds to get there but when I arrived she was gone. The ocean was rough, waves pounding onto this rock
So I begin to dive but can't see anything in the white wash of water, so im just trying to feel around
Then i feel her, i get a good grab of her blouse and with all my energy i go to lift her out of the water. Then I woke up

That really spooked me. Iv never had a really close family death before and I know its inevitable

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, had to take off for a bit but I am back and have a few seconds before sleep. I can guess with all of this and likely be accurate, but I'm gonna ask questions just to make sure instead. Answer when you have time and I'll get back to you tomorrow (btw, all this can be done in private if you'd rather):
I never thought it was paralysis, that was someone else's explanation. Their my reaccuring dreams for as long as I can remember.
Eg. Im being chased by something but im so slow, my legs get heavier and heavier. That's a version I would get a lot when I was younger.

Tell me about your spiritual life when you were younger, around the time you were having these dreams.
Eg. I could be just standing around with friends and im trying to hide the fact that i cant move my legs. I get this more these days

Tell me what you think your spiritual condition is in comparison to your friends, such as people at your church or those at this forum for instance.
The dream that freaked me out the most recently was this one.
I was on holiday in the homeland of my parents, with them. Me and mum were on this rock.
Then my mum got too close to the edge and fell. It was a about a 2 meter drop. I looked down and she was ok.
She hadn't fallen into the water but was on precarious ledge so i went down there.
It only took 5 seconds to get there but when I arrived she was gone. The ocean was rough, waves pounding onto this rock
So I begin to dive but can't see anything in the white wash of water, so im just trying to feel around
Then i feel her, i get a good grab of her blouse and with all my energy i go to lift her out of the water. Then I woke up

That really spooked me. Iv never had a really close family death before and I know its inevitable

This one may be future, and not literal but spiritual. Your mother is a Christian, yes? How do you think she would react if something were to shock her faith greatly? Say if tragedy struck somehow, or world events shook her confidence in God, or her pastor was found in sin, or she lost a loved one? Do you see her as doubting God if something really bad happened?

If she's not Christian, it could be related to family or it might be literal, but I'm guessing it's spiritual.

R

Rita

I realise this thread is about dreams that people have had but can I ask a question-
I have noticed that you ( HIH ) often ask question about people when they give a dream, but I am curious about why.
The Holy Spirit knows everything about the person who has been given the dream, surely if the interpretation is from the Holy Spirit you would not need to ask questions. The interpretation would come through discernment and prayer - The Holy Spirit would give You all you need to know in order to understand the meaning of the dream.

Rita

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Helen
R

Rita

Lol, I just found out the answer to my question @Hidden In Him !
Reading a book on the prophetic gifts - just done the chapter on dreams - found the symbolic references really interesting, actually quite fascinating.
The four components
1. gain a working understanding of biblical symbolism
2. expand your knowledge of common extra biblical symbols
3. Identify with the person whose dream it is
4. Most importantly , ask God what it all means and how it fits together, then listen for the revelation.

How about that for timing !

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realise this thread is about dreams that people have had but can I ask a question-
I have noticed that you ( HIH ) often ask question about people when they give a dream, but I am curious about why.
The Holy Spirit knows everything about the person who has been given the dream, surely if the interpretation is from the Holy Spirit you would not need to ask questions. The interpretation would come through discernment and prayer - The Holy Spirit would give You all you need to know in order to understand the meaning of the dream.

Rita

Hey, Rita!

I was actually addressing this a few days ago in the following thread. This answers most of it, aside from dealing with the issue of the Holy Spirit giving the interpreter personal insight into someone's life. This is a separate gift, and one I have asked for actually, but it is different from the ability to interpret. It is more akin to word of knowledge about people's lives.

Modern Prophets
1. gain a working understanding of biblical symbolism
2. expand your knowledge of common extra biblical symbols
3. Identify with the person whose dream it is
4. Most importantly , ask God what it all means and how it fits together, then listen for the revelation.

How about that for timing !

This sounds pretty good! Yes, the first two need to be there going in. They are not something you can really just pick up a day or two before you start doing interpretations. You have to be educated in things in advance. I will say however that there will be times when you come across symbolism you've never seen used before. That's where #3 and #4 come all the more into play. But about "identifying" with the person, that's not quite the way I would put it, but I think they are referring to the same thing I do. I actually have a sense about what things mean, but I don't play around with people's lives, so I seek out confirmation that I am on the right track. Most of the time I am, but every once in awhile I find out I am actually not on the right track, and then I have to back up, completely regroup and come at the whole thing again from a new perspective. But I would much rather ask questions and be accurate than guess every time and risk being wrong. It's a ministry, and the strange thing is that when someone sends you a dream you go almost instantaneously into their personal lives, so you need to have respect for that fact. Otherwise you're like a quack brain surgeon, opening up somebody's head and just playing around in there for awhile, LoL.

R

Rita

Hey, Rita!

I was actually addressing this a few days ago in the following thread. This answers most of it, aside from dealing with the issue of the Holy Spirit giving the interpreter personal insight into someone's life. This is a separate gift, and one I have asked for actually, but it is different from the ability to interpret. It is more akin to word of knowledge about people's lives.

Modern Prophets

This sounds pretty good! Yes, the first two need to be there going in. They are not something you can really just pick up a day or two before you start doing interpretations. You have to be educated in things in advance. I will say however that there will be times when you come across symbolism you've never seen used before. That's where #3 and #4 come all the more into play. But about "identifying" with the person, that's not quite the way I would put it, but I think they are referring to the same thing I do. I actually have a sense about what things mean, but I don't play around with people's lives, so I seek out confirmation that I am on the right track. Most of the time I am, but every once in awhile I find out I am actually not on the right track, and then I have to back up, completely regroup and come at the whole thing again from a new perspective. But I would much rather ask questions and be accurate than guess every time and risk being wrong. It's a ministry, and the strange thing is that when someone sends you a dream you go almost instantaneously into their personal lives, so you need to have respect for that fact. Otherwise you're like a quack brain surgeon, opening up somebody's head and just playing around in there for awhile, LoL.
The book explains it in more details, so the headings were kinds of summery points. The only thing the book did mention was that most dreams are linked to the persons personal life- more to do with things that they are struggling with on a personal level, although it does mention dreams that are given for other reasons.
It was an interesting read - not had much experience of dreams - with me it’s mainly pictures and most ,not all, have been about personal issues that I needed to understand - some have been personal and for the church as well- kind of ministered on two levels.
As I said the symbolism is fascinating
Cats - independent living ( makes sense )
Spiders - witchcraft
Trains- movements involving collections of allied ministries all going in the same direction
Buses- larger ministries
Cars- ministries
basement- could be a point hidden issues
A house - ‘ household of ones life ‘
Rivers and wind - flow of the Spirit

obviously they main mean others things as well, but I just found that so interesting.
Right back to the reading - finished that chapter now x
Rita

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said the symbolism is fascinating: Cats - independent living ( makes sense ); Spiders - witchcraft; Trains- movements involving collections of allied ministries all going in the same direction; Buses- larger ministries; Cars- ministries... Rivers and wind - flow of the Spirit... obviously they may mean others things as well

Yes. Always keep in mind that one can't always go by symbolism meaning the same thing every time. It can be a dangerous mistake. The classic example I use of this is that Jesus was described in Biblical symbolism as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. The Devil meanwhile is described as "a roaring lion who goes about seeking whom he may devour." If you aren't careful you can assign a dream as referring to Jesus when it's actually referring to Satan, and then you have a serious problem on your hands as far as the message you communicate to people.

Here's one I posted yesterday where the River in it doesn't actually refer to the Holy Spirit, but is instead a negative in the dream. You always have to let the context dictate the meanings. It's why I have never used dream dictionaries (though I happen to agree with several of the definitions above as being the usual meanings):

Australian Prophecies, Part 3

Last edited:
R

Rita

It wasn’t from a dream dictionary as such, the writer was using biblical symbols, and just using it as a basis - I just found it interesting - yes I saw the dream about Australia x

R

Rita

It wasn’t from a dream dictionary as such, the writer was using biblical symbols, and just using it as a basis - I just found it interesting - yes I saw the dream about Australia x
Actually , on reflection, I have never read of any cats in scripture - are there any ? Lol

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually , on reflection, I have never read of any cats in scripture - are there any ? Lol

Spiders either I don't think, although I did have a dream with them in it one time that was very spooky, and did likely refer to witchcraft being practiced. Disturbing dream. Don't like to think about it.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

:D you reminded me of a time in church, the pastor asked to name a Bible topic. And I was 16 and said "cats." Church started laughing. Lol. Why context is important too and identifying with the person dreaming. Because one time I had a cat dream of my cat with very deep eyes that looked very different. It was my cat. And that cat represented me and the spiritual gifts that I held. So sometimes questions are good...if they are your own dreams, you can easier, but if someone else is interpreting, they are not omniscient and know these things. Gifts like interpretation are just ones that have to be practiced to get better at. When someone has a gift with music, they have to practice it and pray about it. But Ive also had instruction that helped me excel in my musical gifts. So I think God brings mentors in our lives to help us learn these greater gifts as well.

Reactions: Rita
R

Rita

:D you reminded me of a time in church, the pastor asked to name a Bible topic. And I was 16 and said "cats." Church started laughing. Lol. Why context is important too and identifying with the person dreaming. Because one time I had a cat dream of my cat with very deep eyes that looked very different. It was my cat. And that cat represented me and the spiritual gifts that I held. So sometimes questions are good...if they are your own dreams, you can easier, but if someone else is interpreting, they are not omniscient and know these things. Gifts like interpretation are just ones that have to be practiced to get better at. When someone has a gift with music, they have to practice it and pray about it. But Ive also had instruction that helped me excel in my musical gifts. So I think God brings mentors in our lives to help us learn these greater gifts as well.
It’s weird but today I have been remembering pictures that I had years ago, that was just a few years after I started understanding the gifts - I didn’t really have a mentor then , other than the Holy Spirit - he used a lot of pictures to help me understand my past when my divorce opened up many buried things. Yes, we do have to go through a learning curve, and often that can take years.
Rita

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s weird but today I have been remembering pictures that I had years ago, that was just a few years after I started understanding the gifts - I didn’t really have a mentor then , other than the Holy Spirit - he used a lot of pictures to help me understand my past when my divorce opened up many buried things. Yes, we do have to go through a learning curve, and often that can take years.
Rita

Grateful that God knows how much we can handle.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiders either I don't think, although I did have a dream with them in it one time that was very spooky, and did likely refer to witchcraft being practiced. Disturbing dream. Don't like to think about it.
"Whose hope shall be cut off, and whose trust shall be a spider's web." Job 8:14

"The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces. "Prov 30:28

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the creep out, LOL.
Over the years I know about spiders. They get into our apartment once in a while always aiming at me. I know when one has gotten me. My wife has never been bitten by one. What is that a sign of...? Twice we have encountered scorpions. Each time my wife called on me to be the exterminator. One of them was in our bed which is not nice to think about...

Reactions: Hidden In Him

FaithinHim

Aug 9, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm a newbie to this site, and will admit the offer of dream interpretation is intriguing! I used to be a dreamer, but not for a long, long time. Covid seems to have restarted them. Many of the dreams make sense and there's a few that don't. I'd really appreciate any insight on these ones. I had both the same night. I'm not entirely sure they're related to each other.

Dream#1 - I was at church. We all knew it was time to do something different and everyone was all excited about the prospect of doing something new. Problem was, we didn’t know exactly how to do this. Each person was holding a piece of paper (to write ideas on?), walking around and talking among themselves. Later when it was time to go, I was in the cloakroom, looking for my other shoe, someone came to talk to me and told me the word was the “old pastor” would know how to do it.. End of Dream

Dream#2 - My husband and I were in a wooded area (camping?) with two women I used to work closely with 20 years ago. One of them I knew was “Jennifer”, and since I never saw the face of the other person and sensed she was also an old co-worker, thought it must have been the other woman in the section also named “Jennifer”. They decided it was time to start a fire, and did so in a special “box” already installed on their site. It was made of red bricks, solid three sides and open on the fourth. There may have been a top to the box, but I don’t remember. I do remember the flame was only visible from one side of the box and I couldn’t see the flame from where we were sitting. They suggested we make our own fire in a similar brick box provided on our camping site and we did. End of Dream

Thanks for reading!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm a newbie to this site, and will admit the offer of dream interpretation is intriguing! I used to be a dreamer, but not for a long, long time. Covid seems to have restarted them. Many of the dreams make sense and there's a few that don't. I'd really appreciate any insight on these ones. I had both the same night. I'm not entirely sure they're related to each other.

Dream#1 - I was at church. We all knew it was time to do something different and everyone was all excited about the prospect of doing something new. Problem was, we didn’t know exactly how to do this. Each person was holding a piece of paper (to write ideas on?), walking around and talking among themselves. Later when it was time to go, I was in the cloakroom, looking for my other shoe, someone came to talk to me and told me the word was the “old pastor” would know how to do it.. End of Dream

Dream#2 - My husband and I were in a wooded area (camping?) with two women I used to work closely with 20 years ago. One of them I knew was “Jennifer”, and since I never saw the face of the other person and sensed she was also an old co-worker, thought it must have been the other woman in the section also named “Jennifer”. They decided it was time to start a fire, and did so in a special “box” already installed on their site. It was made of red bricks, solid three sides and open on the fourth. There may have been a top to the box, but I don’t remember. I do remember the flame was only visible from one side of the box and I couldn’t see the flame from where we were sitting. They suggested we make our own fire in a similar brick box provided on our camping site and we did. End of Dream

Thanks for reading!
@FaithinHim Hi, fellow Canuck.

Good to see you on the forum.

Dreams can be interesting and intriguing.

Personally, I do appreciate what God has directly revealed in His Word (John 17.17; Psalm 119.105), rather that more subjective things, however interesting.