• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sharky and George

Sep 1, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dream interpretation

My opinion is that as Christian's we should not dismiss trying to find meaning in the dreams that we have as some are from God.

BUT also

We should be very careful to use proper discernment in our interpretation when we do:

• Is it biblically sound e.g. the dream may have felt good but was it sin - wrong interpretations may make your heart justify sin when you wake up.*
• How did it feel? Most likely if it made you feel rough then the dream was of the enemy, a nightmare. Sometimes a warning from God too though.
• Maybe it is just your brain processing the day if you dream about potatoes if you had a jacket potato for dinner lol.

Christian dream interpretation? Are our dreams from God? this IMO is a good bible based website, and this is some useful advice from it:
If it is, prayerfully consider what God would have you do in response to your dream (James 1:5).

In Scripture, whenever anyone experienced a dream from God, God always made the meaning of the dream clear, whether directly to the person, through an angel, or through another messenger (Genesis 40:5–11; Daniel 2:45; 4:19). When God speaks to us, He makes sure His message is clearly understood.

*I don't think I have been led into sin by a dream but I have been led astray by them before e.g. in a time when I was desperate for a breakthrough, the enemy gave a dream of doing a job that I was not ready for. I tried this job and found I had to leave as it was a massive stress. I have been led into big seasons of struggle and confusion as I had put my hope in a dream that was not of God.

Sometimes we should do this:

Psalm 73:20 English Standard Version (ESV)
20 Like a dream when one awakes,
O Lord, when you rouse yourself, you despise them as phantoms.

Hope I have not been too serious, watch out for Nephilim size potatoes running after you with a peeler.

Shalom :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Scripture, whenever anyone experienced a dream from God, God always made the meaning of the dream clear, whether directly to the person, through an angel, or through another messenger (Genesis 40:5–11; Daniel 2:45; 4:19). When God speaks to us, He makes sure His message is clearly understood.

Greetings in Christ. Btw, are you Sharky or George? Please don't tell me you're both. :)

About this, I know that scripture can seem to suggest this, but it has been my experience that this isn't always the case. For some examples of dreams that were sent by God which the one who received them did NOT receive the interpretation for, see the thread below. This was the first thread I posted here, and several of the more prominent, Spirit-filled members at this website provided dreams that they did not really know the meanings to, many of which they had received decades ago. See especially "ByGrace"'s dream. That one is very anointed, and almost straight out of scripture, yet the true meaning alluded her for decades, though she kept the dream in her Bible because she knew it was from the Lord.
Dream And Vision Interpretation

But anyway, interesting discussion. If I have time, I may look at your link, although I have set aside dream interpretation now for quite some time because the Lord is calling me to other things.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden

Sharky and George

Sep 1, 2018
Chesterfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Hidden In Him, yes both lol :)

IF that is what it says in the bible then you are right as the bible is flawless,

BUT

We should then stop ourselves trying to find meaning before the time that God reveals clearly the true meaning.

If we wait then we will not be misled onto paths that are not good by an in correct interpretation.

Blessings,
Sharky and George

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My opinion is that as Christian's we should not dismiss trying to find meaning in the dreams that we have as some are from God.
Possibly. But dreams are not the primary media of communication for Christians. Furthermore, all dreams (and all things) must be filtered through Scripture to determine their source. If they are in conflict with the Word of God, ignore them. Which means that you should know your Bible.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Hidden In Him, yes both lol :)

IF that is what it says in the bible then you are right as the bible is flawless,

BUT

We should then stop ourselves trying to find meaning before the time that God reveals clearly the true meaning.

If we wait then we will not be misled onto paths that are not good by an in correct interpretation.

Blessings,
Sharky and George
Well you know the prophesy in the Bible that says: Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

So my question and thought on this prophesy is that the Holy Spirit is going to be giving men dreams....there must be something of importance to this.

Reactions: amadeus