DREAM KILLERS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I am here to tell you today to watch out for dream killers. Watch out for ones when you say that God has called you to something and they say how you are going to do that. Watch out for the dream killer. Watch out for the one that you share your ambitions with. And they laugh in your face. Watch out for dream killers. Watch out for the ones that cannot see your vision. Watch out for the ones that do not support you. Watch out for the one, that when you say you are going back to get that degree. They say you are too old. Or you are just not smart enough. Watch out for a dream killer.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to avoid ambitions myself, other than to draw closer to God. But no, we shouldn't listen to those who would discourage us in our faith!

Though we need to be able to hear those who would bring us appropriate correction. Staying soft and humble inside, to me, addresses these things. After all, who am I to be dogmatic about the course of my life? Certainly God is sufficient to guide my steps. Let us say, if the Lord will.

Much love!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@PastorSteven :
Dreams and life plans for our lives are created like many seeds that are planted in our hearts that will either grow and mature or eventually die on the vine. We go through this process many times in our lives. And most of these dreams whether life changing or not, are usually created to serve self rather than our Creator, and they usually always eventually fail, or soon are forgotten.

As a believer, if this dream is truly sourced from the LORD, he will not fail to make it grow within us to maturity as long as we are faithful and cooperate through his Son throughout its growth and realization.

As a believer, by now, I can tell if a dream or plan spawned within me is conceived for my own benefit or one to serve and glorify my God and Father in heaven. And for me, those dreams that glorify God usually begin many years before they see the light of day. They grow more slowly that requires nurturing, faith and endurance. Again, they are of the will of God with my faith strong and enduring without fear of failure from myself and from outside sources. I take it on faith and continue cooperating with the Spirit of Christ and Truth within me.

Most dreams of value and significance then fail, and not because of the evil one. They fail from a self-sense of continued fear, doubt, lack of faith as they are not created to glorify the true dream maker in my life.