Dreaming and mental illness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever have a lucid dream? It's where you wake up consciously inside your dream and can control your environment. I had a couple and I saw Satan and he was a business man. It was a bad time and ever since then I had shock when waking up such that my head shakes.

The most interesting thing I can say about mental illness that is not demonic is that like a lucid dream, your awake and dream parts enter your conscious mind. In this way you hallucinate things like voices, sounds, smells and for some visual hallucinations.

So what did we learn from this? The conscious and subconscious mind can mingle and become co-existent.

They say the subconscious mind is much more powerful than the conscious mind such that most of the IQ is within the subconscious mind.

Thoughts? :jest:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that some mental illness relate to subconscious hallucinations is clear from the medicines they give the mentally ill which adjust your dopamine levels. Something that plays a role in sleeping.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever have a lucid dream? It's where you wake up consciously inside your dream and can control your environment. I had a couple and I saw Satan and he was a business man. It was a bad time and ever since then I had shock when waking up such that my head shakes.

The most interesting thing I can say about mental illness that is not demonic is that like a lucid dream, your awake and dream parts enter your conscious mind. In this way you hallucinate things like voices, sounds, smells and for some visual hallucinations.

So what did we learn from this? The conscious and subconscious mind can mingle and become co-existent.

They say the subconscious mind is much more powerful than the conscious mind such that most of the IQ is within the subconscious mind.

Thoughts? :jest:
"They say the subconscious mind is much more powerful than the conscious mind such that most of the IQ is within the subconscious mind."

:eek: That explains it! Now I know why I have an IQ of 15! I must be brilliant within my subconscience, :I know::crossword::Laughingoutloud:

• Haha
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"They say the subconscious mind is much more powerful than the conscious mind such that most of the IQ is within the subconscious mind."

:eek: That explains it! Now I know why I have an IQ of 15! I must be brilliant within my subconscience, :I know::crossword::Laughingoutloud:
LOL, I think your IQ is much higher than that. But if it was 15, then I think Chimpanzees would be sending rockets to the moon instead of being the experiment subject within the rocket:

"A variety of cognitive research on chimpanzees places their estimated IQ between 20 and 25, around the average for a human toddler whose brain is still developing the ability to use various cognitive abilities." What is the average IQ of a chimpanzee? | Homework.Study.com

"The average IQ score is between 85 and 115, with scores above or below this indicating above or below average intelligence, respectively. The standard deviation of IQ scores is set at 15, which means that around 68% of people will have an IQ score between 85 and 115." The Average IQ: What It Is and How It’s Measured

What this tells me is that normal functioning people have an average IQ of 100 as a population. But I got to tell you that @Nancy's ability to understand people means that your probably higher than average. Cheers!

Last edited:
  • Love

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, I think your IQ is much higher than that. But if it was 15, then I think Chimpanzees would be sending rockets to the moon instead of being the experiment subject within the rocket:

"A variety of cognitive research on chimpanzees places their estimated IQ between 20 and 25, around the average for a human toddler whose brain is still developing the ability to use various cognitive abilities." What is the average IQ of a chimpanzee? | Homework.Study.com

"The average IQ score is between 85 and 115, with scores above or below this indicating above or below average intelligence, respectively. The standard deviation of IQ scores is set at 15, which means that around 68% of people will have an IQ score between 85 and 115." The Average IQ: What It Is and How It’s Measured

What this tells me is that normal functioning people have an average IQ of 100 as a population. I'm sure you fit around there somewhere @Nancy. But I got to tell you that your ability to understand people means that your probably higher than average. Cheers!
Lol brother,
I was exaggerating with the "15" score hahaha!
I don't trust chimps, they actually kind of scare me :oops:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I smell things that aren't there. Which has been strange, I don't see things really or hear sounds, just get mental voices that talk to me from time to time.

It makes it a little difficult to discern between God and hallucinations for me. But I know God has blessed me with perfumes and colognes that have been super pleasant. And he does talk differently with the Holy Spirit.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol brother,
I was exaggerating with the "15" score hahaha!
I don't trust chimps, they actually kind of scare me :oops:
Yeah I knew that. I edited my post for clarity. Guess I'm still learning.

I don't trust Chimps either. We had a highschool girl that had one and it broke her fingers. Ouch!

• Wow

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just some info I've learned about IQ tests:

Another interesting fact about IQ is that it is based off of a persons education. The tests usually involve questions related to schooling. And what this tells me is that it is not an accurate estimation of a persons potential IQ, just their current education. So it's probably not something to hold a person to. A person who scores low on the SAT or IQ test may surprise just how intelligent they are. I've learned that people with learning limitations may have a high IQ, but lack some ability to focus it. Which medications might be able to help?

"But is this SAT an IQ test? It is in a sense an IQ test. The SAT and IQ test correlate very highly. Between the SAT and the IQ, they correlate almost as much as the SAT correlates with a second administration of the SAT, as much as it correlates with itself." is sat a measure of intelligence - Google Search

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I knew that. I edited my post for clarity. Guess I'm still learning.

I don't trust Chimps either. We had a highschool girl that had one and it broke her fingers. Ouch!
I def believe that. There was that news story years back about the woman who had one as a pet and, it literally chewed her best friends face and hands off! Do not like them or trust one walking behind me for sure!

Video below

• Wow