Dreams: Do dreams come from God or Satan?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

babalobi

Mar 23, 2011
Memorise: "For the idols have spoken vanity, and the diviners have seen a lie, and have told false dreams..." (Zech 10: 2a)Read: Genesis 37:5-11By Pastor E. Adeboye
Dreams come from God, Satan, self and activities surrounding the dreamer. Usually, God gives dreams to His people - dreams of greatness, prosperity, guidance success, etc. God has a purpose for giving you a dream. Satan also has a purpose for coming behind your dreams. It could be to confuse, deceive, mislead or destroy. Be wary of satanic dreams.

Always subject such dreams to the searchlight of God's Word and probing fiery prayer. The Lord asked a brother to go and marry while he was preparing for his post-graduate studies. Being a diehard doer of God's will, he obliged and began to seek God's face concerning who he should marry. Within a month, he was quite sure as God used different ways to communicate the answer to him, including dreams.

By the time he was certain of the sister, the Lord asked him to immediately propose to the sister who was far away. He pleaded for a few more days and promised to go the following week. A night before his trip, he dreamt of another lady. He wondered what that meant. By the following day, he boarded an airbus and surprisingly sat beside the lady he saw in his dream.

She was very friendly and accommodating. They chatted as if they had known each other all along. During that trip, Satan began to tell him this was his rightful wife. How else could he have seen her in the dream? Thoughts ran through his mind. He felt he should go and know where she lived and continue from there.

See more here http://christonline.info/blog/?p=7764

For sermons and prayer points visit http://christonline.info

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Once upon a time I had visions and dreams of a pretty girl.
In them, God said she would be my wife and that He would bring her to me.
Naturally I objected, saying that it was a young man's priviledge to chase women (stupid, I know).
So I did and so I got shot down.

After more than three years He did bring the girl to me. We were married less than a year later amid the protests and warnings of EVERYBODY.

That was 35 years ago and things are still going well with us.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
I also wanted a woman... But I had criteria that was pretty strict. I wanted a woman that would stay at home, not talk back, require only inexpensive appareal. I wanted one that would not get massively overwieght, and be frugal. A woman that would allow me to watch what I wanted to watch on tv and not make me watch soap operas. I wanted a woman who was not prone to diseases, one I could patch things up with at little expence and in an expediant manner... the purrphek woman? well I have yet to receive her, but I am optimistic, that once I get her inflated... (sorry couldn't resist some humor)

OK, back to topic... I have had a vision in a "dream" once from Jesus and once from Satan. These dreams were not like dreams as I was wide awake, yet sleeping. Jesus came to me and simply asked how I was doing. With a magic crayon (from heaven) I could draw him... He was light, with form but w/o shadow,,, hence the need of a magic crayon. I pondered many times why he would come to me and simply ask how I was doing. I know that reason now as his coming streghtened me oh so much amid all the perils I have faced. This occured in the very early 90's and the next one occured months later... it was...the 2nd vision.

The second "vision" was of a paragraph... I could easily have arisen and retrieved a pen and paper and wrote it down letter for letter. It was written with the english laphabet but not in english. The ending was 1998. I pondered this vision while I lay there and dismissed it saying to myself; if this was of God, it would not be in code. Well 1998 came and went w/o any revelation and so, I correctly dismissed the words of Satan given in a vision. This was not my last vision and my latest one happened in 2004 in broad daylight for all those close to see had they only looked up.