Dreams of the futures.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I am just kinda asking around maybe you guys can help me out. Since I can remember I been having dreams of the future but it won't be more then 5 or less mins. I can say mostly of them I can have full remembences from one when something had happen. So I have learn how to change them when I feel like it right. My last one got me to wonder about them because about a girl who is close friend of mine and also going out with one of my friends. The dream was nice summer or spring day and we where standing on a grassy hill. She asked me if I liked her as much as she liked me. I really dont know what to think of it. When I wake up I dont remember the dream. Until something happen and something in my mind click a remembences of it. Unless something every weird or importannce.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Don't place any stock in dreams. God will speak to many of us in dreams, however, but He mostly uses His word, other people---mostly other believers---and circumstances to teach us things and to lead us. Usually He will deposit a dream to impress upon us something in our own lives he wants us to understand, or to change, to become fully submitted to Him.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Don't place any stock in dreams. God will speak to many of us in dreams, however, but He mostly uses His word, other people---mostly other believers---and circumstances to teach us things and to lead us. Usually He will deposit a dream to impress upon us something in our own lives he wants us to understand, or to change, to become fully submitted to Him.

I disagree...And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: Acts 2:17.

Dreams are used frequently throughout scripture as well as real life.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I disagree...And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: Acts 2:17.

Dreams are used frequently throughout scripture as well as real life.

Yes, dreams are a tool that God uses, but not frequently. He uses His word more. He often will drop dreams into people who are walking closely to Him---real sons and daughters, according to scripture---and not so much those who are struggling to know Him. Now, Satan is the one who likes to confuse people with dreams.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Lively Stone...Maybe God uses His word more for you then dreams, but that does not mean that it is always the case...God speaks to me with His voice, not from His word but with His very quiet voice and very softly..His word speaks to me, but mostly it is Himself that speaks...Dreams are also from God, which Wayne can ask God to tell Him what it means...Dreams have almost always been how God spoke to His people...and He has not changed, nor will He change to fit our image of Him..Joseph had dreams, Daniel had dreams and visions...God spoke to people clearly..still does of we just be quiet long enough to hear Him...So Wayne darling ask God for the meaning...and Lively Stone...we are all real sons and daughters of the Most High God...children of a Living God...

Reactions: ajdiamond

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Kings 19:11-12

[sup]11[/sup] The LORD said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. [sup]12[/sup] After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, dreams are a tool that God uses, but not frequently. He uses His word more. He often will drop dreams into people who are walking closely to Him---real sons and daughters, according to scripture---and not so much those who are struggling to know Him. Now, Satan is the one who likes to confuse people with dreams.

I really can't say anything more. Sounds like a nice dream and a terrible problem Wayne! You like a girl that's dating your friend. Not and easy thing.....

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Lively Stone...Maybe God uses His word more for you then dreams, but that does not mean that it is always the case...God speaks to me with His voice, not from His word but with His very quiet voice and very softly..His word speaks to me, but mostly it is Himself that speaks...Dreams are also from God, which Wayne can ask God to tell Him what it means...Dreams have almost always been how God spoke to His people...and He has not changed, nor will He change to fit our image of Him..Joseph had dreams, Daniel had dreams and visions...God spoke to people clearly..still does of we just be quiet long enough to hear Him...So Wayne darling ask God for the meaning...and Lively Stone...we are all real sons and daughters of the Most High God...children of a Living God...

God's word is a far more frequent carrier of insight and elucidation to what God wants to say to us personally than a dream. He has used dreams with me, and He has also used His very real audible voice, also.

The subject matter of this thread is not a spiritual dream.

Shep---we are not all sons and daughters of the Lord God. Every human being may be his creation but not every human being is His own child. To become a child of God, we must come to know His Son.

Reactions: Lively Stone

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
The feeling I do have for the girl is more a sister love then anything else at this time. You guy keeping saying a dream but I had mean like this before. I mean dreams of the future that only deals with me and they aren't very that importances to anything. They are simple as hang with a friend and just talking about random stuff. I just wondering why would God show me something that isn't very important to my life or could just building up to something?

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
God's word is a far more frequent carrier of insight and elucidation to what God wants to say to us personally than a dream. He has used dreams with me, and He has also used His very real audible voice, also.

The subject matter of this thread is not a spiritual dream.

Shep---we are not all sons and daughters of the Lord God. Every human being may be his creation but not every human being is His own child. To become a child of God, we must come to know His Son.

Darling that is not what you said...

See you clearly said not to place stock in dreams..then you go on to say God speaks to many in dreams...are you just confused or trying to confuse Wayne...We are children of the Most High God, since this is a Christian forum, therefore I just figured you were talking about people here....If God created you He is your Father, if two people create something such as a baby, they are it's parents, the child was created... my belief is I think Jesus walks along with us all.... just waiting for the time a non-believer to call out for His mercy...He died for all, not just believers..He died for all sins, not just believers sins...after all He is the creator and He loves all His children, whether saved or not...And you are the expert on spiritual dreams as well?...Wayne take your dream to God, if it is from Him..He will let you know...Wayne I do believe the dream is of importance to you, I think it is to let you know that you are well loved, by your peers as well as God..You are a son of the Most High God and He loves you so much...Don't let others bring you down...let your peers see you as a son of God, let the light of Christ shine out of you...you are important to those around you...Love you brother...

Reactions: Angelina

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Yes, dreams are a tool that God uses...

Don't place any stock in dreams.

Which is it?

"But not frequently"? How can you make that judgement? God "uses" whatever He wants. He reaches each person through their individual needs and personality. He tries to reach many through dreams however they lack understanding and/or are caught up in superstitions and fail to pray for the discernment/wisdom OF those dreams. When people don't comprehend the value of righteous dreams they miss out on a means of Godly communication.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Which is it?

We must be wise when we consider dreams. Many people consider their dreams are from God when they aren't. Too much confidence in them will drive people askew spiritually. We must always ask the Lord for an interpretation of we think a dream is from Him, and then we must wait on Him to give it. God often gives confirmations, and we must wait for them.

"But not frequently"? How can you make that judgement? God "uses" whatever He wants. He reaches each person through their individual needs and personality.

MORE FREQUENTLY, God will use His living word to show us what he wishes for us to know.

He tries to reach many through dreams however they lack understanding and/or are caught up in superstitions and fail to pray for the discernment/wisdom OF those dreams. When people don't comprehend the value of righteous dreams they miss out on a means of Godly communication.

Precisely. I may add that many dreams do not have a godly source. Satan loves to mimic God. We need His discernment.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
We must be wise when we consider dreams. Many people consider their dreams are from God when they aren't.

Many people consider their dreams are from Satan when they aren't....See how that works?

We must always ask the Lord for an interpretation of we think a dream is from Him, and then we must wait on Him to give it. God often gives confirmations, and we must wait for them.

Just because it takes discernment does not mean we shoul

"We must always ask the Lord" for discernment in ALL things...Whether it's a leading, a prayer, a teaching, or a dream.

Just because it takes a little effort does not mean we should not "place any stock" in them.

MORE FREQUENTLY, God will use His living word to show us what he wishes for us to know.

To you, perhaps.

Precisely. I may add that many dreams do not have a godly source. Satan loves to mimic God. We need His discernment.

Many teachers do not have a "godly source". The same can be said for thoughts, premonitions, supposedly answered prayer, spiritual guidance, brotherly advice, etc. Do you not "put any stock" in any of those either?

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Many people consider their dreams are from Satan when they aren't....See how that works?

This is why we need Holy Spirit's discernment.

"We must always ask the Lord" for discernment in ALL things...Whether it's a leading, a prayer, a teaching, or a dream.

That goes without saying.

Just because it takes a little effort does not mean we should not "place any stock" in them.

We must not place any stock in dreams as a rule, UNLESS we know that we have had one from the Lord.

To you, perhaps.

To most people the word of God is what He uses to communicate to us. To say otherwise is just false, and in this thread, is an attempt to lead people astray into the unstable realm of dreams as messages of truth. Most are not.

Many teachers do not have a "godly source". The same can be said for thoughts, premonitions, supposedly answered prayer, spiritual guidance, brotherly advice, etc. Do you not "put any stock" in any of those either?

Why so adversarial? We are to test the spirits in all things according to God's instruction. Do you do that? Why so quick to jump on someone who shows you that we must be wise and cautious in the Lord regarding dreams? This is an agreeable matter between believers. Getting all caught up in dreams and premonitions is dangerous ground.

Darling that is not what you said...

See you clearly said not to place stock in dreams..then you go on to say God speaks to many in dreams...are you just confused or trying to confuse Wayne...We are children of the Most High God, since this is a Christian forum, therefore I just figured you were talking about people here....If God created you He is your Father, if two people create something such as a baby, they are it's parents, the child was created... my belief is I think Jesus walks along with us all.... just waiting for the time a non-believer to call out for His mercy...He died for all, not just believers..He died for all sins, not just believers sins...after all He is the creator and He loves all His children, whether saved or not...And you are the expert on spiritual dreams as well?...Wayne take your dream to God, if it is from Him..He will let you know...Wayne I do believe the dream is of importance to you, I think it is to let you know that you are well loved, by your peers as well as God..You are a son of the Most High God and He loves you so much...Don't let others bring you down...let your peers see you as a son of God, let the light of Christ shine out of you...you are important to those around you...Love you brother...

What I said stands. We shouldn't willy nilly place stock in dreams without the discernment and wisdom of the Lord that goes along with it.

Not trying to confuse anyone....but those of you who are flip about this subject are deepening Wayne's confusion. You are wise and right in telling Wayne to seek God about it. Better than seeking online.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
That goes without saying.

Apparently not.

Why so adversarial?

Not "adversarial" at all. You made the blanket statement...Don't place any stock in dreams.

We are to test the spirits in all things according to God's instruction. Do you do that?

Nah...I just teach it.
smilie_girl_303.gif

Why so quick to jump on someone who shows you that we must be wise and cautious in the Lord regarding dreams?

First of all...I did not "jump". I pointed out your false satement. We "must be wise and cautious" in ALL things, not just dreams.

This is an agreeable matter between believers. Getting all caught up in dreams and premonitions is dangerous ground.

Who said anything about "getting all caught up" in anything? Ignoring the validity of one of the ways God communicates to his children is not only "dangerous ground" but is false teaching.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Apparently not.

It surely does.

Not "adversarial" at all. You made the blanket statement...Don't place any stock in dreams.

That was good advice. Wayne can take it or leave it.

Nah...I just teach it.
smilie_girl_303.gif

Really. I'd never have known.

First of all...I did not "jump". I pointed out your false satement. We "must be wise and cautious" in ALL things, not just dreams.

I have never made a false statement.

Who said anything about "getting all caught up" in anything? Ignoring the validity of one of the ways God communicates to his children is not only "dangerous ground" but is false teaching.

There is no validity in assuming that all who come here are being led by God. Being cautious and teaching caution regarding dreams is best.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
One more comment and I will leave you to your delusions.

This is false...

There is nothing false or delusional in giving wise advice to not place too much emphasis on dreams. I find that your attitude is haughty and not amenable to discussion. That is not a good quality for a Christian discussion board.

To be adversarial about this is basically telling people it's just fine and dandy to seek God in all dreams. That is what is delusional. God's word is far more reliable in seeking God and His desires for us. He does speak to people in dreams and has also spoken to me in dreams, but it is far more rare than what we read in message boards, Christian and otherwise. There is far too much emphasis placed on this kind of thing, which feeds the minds of those who have a taste for the mysterious, the esoteric and even the occult. We must always guard against it, as there is a predominence of the false out there and we need to help our Christian brothers and sisters weed out the false from the true and teach them to seek out God's voice in these things by searching the word, whch will always confirm what God may be saying---or not.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
There is nothing false or delusional in giving wise advice to not place too much emphasis on dreams.

What is not a "good quality for a Christian discussion board" is lying and twisting the truth... What YOU said was...

Don't place any stock in dreams.

THAT is a long way from advising someone to "not place too much emphasis on dreams". Nice try at backpedaling, though.

To be adversarial about this is basically telling people it's just fine and dandy to seek God in all dreams. that is what is delusional.

You keep saying that as though there is some element of truth in it. As I said before...Not being "adversarial". You might want to take a second look at that...Perhaps what you're feeling is conviction.

To be adversarial about this is basically telling people it's just fine and dandy to seek God in all dreams. that is what is delusional.

Please show - in quotes - where I said any such thing. I'll wait.

God's word is far more relaible in seeking God and His desires for us.

ANY WAY God choses to use to communtcate with us is "reliable".

He does speak to people in dreams and has also spiken to me in dreams, but it is far more rare than what we read in message boards, Christian and otherwise.

Good of you to admit that. Then why did you say to not "place ANY stock in dreams"?

Tehre is far too much emphasis placed on thsi kind of thing, which feeds the midns of those who have a taste for the mysterious, the espteric and even the occult.

No one is placing "too much emphasis" on anything...That IS the topic of this thread.

We must always guard against it, as there is a predominence of the false out there and we need to help our Christian brothers and sisters weed out the false from the true and teach them to seek out God's voice in these things by searching the word, whch will always confirm what God may be saying---or not.

"We must always guard against" ANYTHING that is not from God.