Dreams of the futures.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
We shouldn't ever place too much stock in dreams. Each one needs to be subject to the wisdom of the word, and the discernng gift, and then we can make the decision to follow after where it points---or not, according to what God says.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
Ok there 7 spiritual girft right? What are they? If I am right about the gifts. I might be able to shine another light on this subject. I don't think Satan is allow to show you the future but can had affects on dreams. What I mean is I can tell the different between a future dream and just dream. I know you guys keep telling me to ask God but my relastionship is strong enough to get an answer or hear the answer. I am growing and trying to get stronger. I believev my answer for the dreams will be shown soon or later.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There are many spiritual gifts:
Service, helps, mercy, teaching, prophecy, giving, exhortation, leadership, faith, wisdom, knowledge, healing, miracles, tongues, interpretation of tongues, and discerning of spirits. Certain abilities such as pastor, evangelist, administration, prophet and apostle can be included.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
In his writings Paul referred to about twenty different gifts, including such things as preaching, teaching, and leadership. Some interpreters have suggested that by putting Paul's lists of gifts together, we get a comprehensive list of spiritual gifts. This seems unlikely, as we today can recognize some gifts which Paul did not mention, such as the gifts of music, of working with youth, and of counseling

Some Christians today tend to want to distinguish spiritual gifts from natural abilities, but this distinction seems not to have occurred to Paul, for he included both in his lists (see, for example, Rom. 12:6-8). His assumption seems to have been that whatever skills a Christian has are given to him by God and are to be used in God's service. What matters, then, is that Christians discover what their gifts are and then develop them.

Which specific gift is the most valuable one? Paul's answer to this is clear and emphatic: the one gift all Christians should have, love (1 Cor. 12:31-13:1). Love is the ultimate spiritual gift. If we have all other gifts and lack love, we have nothing; if we have love and nothing else, we have everything. Paul said that love fulfills the entire law (Rom. 13:10; compare Matt. 22:39-40). Love makes possible the fellowship of the church and guarantees that gifts will be used unselfishly. Love is the greatest gift given to us by the God who is love.

Gal.5:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Dreams were important in the Old Testament. Israel was forbidden to use many of the divining practices of her neighbors, but over a dozen times God revealed something through a dream. When we recognize that night visions and dreams were not strictly distinguished, we can find many more times in the Old and New Testaments that God used this method to communicate. In fact, prophecy and the dreaming of dreams were to be tested in the same way according to Deuteronomy 13. In Numbers 12:6 again prophecy and dreams are placed on equal footing. Saul complained that "neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets" did God answer him (1 Sam. 28:6). Joel wrote that when the Spirit comes "your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions" (2:28).

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The feeling I do have for the girl is more a sister love then anything else at this time. You guy keeping saying a dream but I had mean like this before. I mean dreams of the future that only deals with me and they aren't very that importances to anything. They are simple as hang with a friend and just talking about random stuff. I just wondering why would God show me something that isn't very important to my life or could just building up to something?

Yep, dreams are most often personal. And they don't always come from God, and can be a result of inner emotional battles we're having with things in our lives.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yep, dreams are most often personal. And they don't always come from God, and can be a result of inner emotional battles we're having with things in our lives.

thumbsup3.gif

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a note from my own personal experience in this arena - and that of my wife (she's correctly predicted things before they happen - it's just that when she has the dreams the details of the exact event are not entirely clear - IE: time, place, people, etc). I had a member on this forum do the same thing. She's a friend of mine and she posted a warning before the event happened that something like a tsunami will come...then it happened.

Dreams that are from God aren't usually questionable as to whether they are from God. There is some sort of indicator. I've had two dreams in my life that I still vividly remember to this very day. Those dreams were so clear that I can recall them, and honestly they come back at times I'm supposed to learn something. It gives me goosebumps to think about them. There was just this clarity and certainty I've never experienced at any other time in my life. I knew both dreams were allegorical, yet I knew what I was supposed to do in them.

I've also had one really strong dream where I faced down a faceless demon. I went down a long corridor, and he was waiting at the end for me. I never turned though, because I knew who was behind me in that dream and I had nothing to fear. I woke up breathing hard and my wife was alarmed because my breathing pattern had changed, but Jesus was there. I felt Him standing with me in it.

This is directed at the OP, but please be very careful what kind of advice you're giving in any field.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Just a note from my own personal experience in this arena - and that of my wife (she's correctly predicted things before they happen - it's just that when she has the dreams the details of the exact event are not entirely clear - IE: time, place, people, etc). I had a member on this forum do the same thing. She's a friend of mine and she posted a warning before the event happened that something like a tsunami will come...then it happened.

Dreams that are from God aren't usually questionable as to whether they are from God. There is some sort of indicator. I've had two dreams in my life that I still vividly remember to this very day. Those dreams were so clear that I can recall them, and honestly they come back at times I'm supposed to learn something. It gives me goosebumps to think about them. There was just this clarity and certainty I've never experienced at any other time in my life. I knew both dreams were allegorical, yet I knew what I was supposed to do in them.

I've also had one really strong dream where I faced down a faceless demon. I went down a long corridor, and he was waiting at the end for me. I never turned though, because I knew who was behind me in that dream and I had nothing to fear. I woke up breathing hard and my wife was alarmed because my breathing pattern had changed, but Jesus was there. I felt Him standing with me in it.

This is directed at the OP, but please be very careful what kind of advice you're giving in any field.

This is a great post. Thanks.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does work in dreams, yet it is difficult to interpret unless God has gifted you in that area. I would say use caution. I have had what some would call deja vu. I have also had very specific dreams which brought me comfort. Other dreams I would call night terrors, where I was actually sobbing in my sleep, grinding my teeth. There was a few times I awoke to a horrific, extremely loud, knocking sound, and I was surprised no one else heard it. These dreams occurred when I would say my conversion point was at its peak, when I gave all I am to God, and changed to a Christian world view. Personally I have been under spiritual warfare for a long time, but it was never as intense as it was then. Thankfully it has not gone back to being that intense again. I am not so sure I answered anything in this post, but I thought it relevant to share my experiences.

Reactions: Lively Stone

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
God does work in dreams, yet it is difficult to interpret unless God has gifted you in that area. I would say use caution. I have had what some would call deja vu. I have also had very specific dreams which brought me comfort. Other dreams I would call night terrors, where I was actually sobbing in my sleep, grinding my teeth. There was a few times I awoke to a horrific, extremely loud, knocking sound, and I was surprised no one else heard it. These dreams occurred when I would say my conversion point was at its peak, when I gave all I am to God, and changed to a Christian world view. Personally I have been under spiritual warfare for a long time, but it was never as intense as it was then. Thankfully it has not gone back to being that intense again. I am not so sure I answered anything in this post, but I thought it relevant to share my experiences.

Thank you justaname! I find every word you shared relevant.