drug addiction and violence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Last weekend my step son attacked my husband for accusing him of using drugs. He had been doing good at staying off the heroin and we really do not know what he used but just that he did. I just can not seem to calm down over watching him attack my husband. i need prayer to let it go and for my fear that I am not safe. My depression and worry that he will return to hurt me will not stop. He will not admit to using and therefore he is just crazy. I threw him out for constant stealing two years ago but now I am very afraid. I have been the one to call him on his lies and on his stealing. He did stop stealing from us but now his violence is scaring me so bad that I have no peace. Please pray for his drug addiction and my fear.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Hi there Shirley, I really feel for you, we had the same situation with some distant relatives of ours ... the harsh reality is that this happens in
a lot of homes so don't for one moment feel that you are alone out there.
You cannot leave it hanging in the air, you have to be pro-active as you cannot live in fear and worry.

Try to gauge what your stepson's attitude is currently, maybe it was just a outburst and he's calmed down ... hopefully that will be the case.
However, if he is still ranting then don't waste time, get Law Enforcement involved.
How would you feel if your husband was seriously injured ?
It would then be too late to say "If only I did such and such", no, begin to assess the situation and take action where necessary, whether it be
only to probe the current situation and calm things down or get serious and involve the Law.

Father I pray for Shirley and her husband, that you would protect them from harm, you promised that no evil would befall us and that your angels
would surround and guard us in all our ways.
I pray for Shirley's stepson that you would bring peace into his heart and change his mind and attitude toward her and her husband and that you
would turn him away from violence and drugs.
I thank you that you are a faithful God, and we give you praise for that, as we give this situation into your hands.
We believe that you are acting on this situation right now and we will be sure to give you all the glory and praise for your gracious intervention.
In Jesus name we pray this, amen.

Reactions: Shirley

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remembering you in prayer.

MrKruback

Sep 20, 2014
Shirley said:
Last weekend my step son attacked my husband for accusing him of using drugs. He had been doing good at staying off the heroin and we really do not know what he used but just that he did. I just can not seem to calm down over watching him attack my husband. i need prayer to let it go and for my fear that I am not safe. My depression and worry that he will return to hurt me will not stop. He will not admit to using and therefore he is just crazy. I threw him out for constant stealing two years ago but now I am very afraid. I have been the one to call him on his lies and on his stealing. He did stop stealing from us but now his violence is scaring me so bad that I have no peace. Please pray for his drug addiction and my fear.
Praying for your struggles. I recently lost a friend to herion. Your fear is valid, just do not let it overwhelm you. I believe there is a reason God gave us this feeling, its a warning. It tells you something is wrong. I know that some people try to force people to go to rehab, but sometimes the best way to break away from drugs is to show the person how wonderful life can be. If you can, plan a day for him and your husband to do something they really love. It could help bond them and show your step son that life is worth living, not hiding from. Good luck, I hope your family can heal.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
MrKruback said:
Praying for your struggles. I recently lost a friend to herion. Your fear is valid, just do not let it overwhelm you. I believe there is a reason God gave us this feeling, its a warning. It tells you something is wrong. I know that some people try to force people to go to rehab, but sometimes the best way to break away from drugs is to show the person how wonderful life can be. If you can, plan a day for him and your husband to do something they really love. It could help bond them and show your step son that life is worth living, not hiding from. Good luck, I hope your family can heal.
Thank-you for the advice. My fear is subsiding and so is the pain. We just can not give up on him. I think your idea that he and his Father do something fun is a really good idea! I mainly worry about the lack of respect but do see that he is better than two years ago. Thank-you all for your prayers!!!!!

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Shirley said:
I am sincerely sorry for you to go through this burden, and the whole situation seems very distressing. But i just want to tell you that Christ is with you. Never lose hope or faith in him, he is with you always. Pray to him your worries, and he will give you rest. He will comfort you and you will find strength through him. Do what is right according to Jesus, and fulfil his words in your life. This sounds hard to grasp but it applies to all of us here, do not be afraid to lose your life, as you carry the cross with Jesus he will not forsake you, and he will give you life.
Love and forgive as much as you can with God as your refuge.
I will pray for you tonight, and i pray that the Lord will heal your pains and your disturbances and guide you to better your life, to live like he wants us to.
There is nothing you can do to change what has happened. Just have faith in the lord, and keep him as your only friend. Because the reward is worth the while.
Peace be with you Shirley, with every blessing.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
thomasleonard said:
I am sincerely sorry for you to go through this burden, and the whole situation seems very distressing. But i just want to tell you that Christ is with you. Never lose hope or faith in him, he is with you always. Pray to him your worries, and he will give you rest. He will comfort you and you will find strength through him. Do what is right according to Jesus, and fulfil his words in your life. This sounds hard to grasp but it applies to all of us here, do not be afraid to lose your life, as you carry the cross with Jesus he will not forsake you, and he will give you life.
Love and forgive as much as you can with God as your refuge.
I will pray for you tonight, and i pray that the Lord will heal your pains and your disturbances and guide you to better your life, to live like he wants us to.
There is nothing you can do to change what has happened. Just have faith in the lord, and keep him as your only friend. Because the reward is worth the while.
Peace be with you Shirley, with every blessing.
Thank-you. I am doing much better already! I asked for his promise that he will never again lay his hands on us and he said he was sorry, which really is something because it is really hard for him to admit his faults.