Drugs And Religion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Never said that addicts are scum.

You spoke about people standing in line at legal pot stores. You also referred to them as "Druggies". And again, I quote:

I call them scum, straight up. The Bible says they are going to be burned. I am nice, I will donate the barbeque sauce.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You spoke about people standing in line at legal pot stores. You also referred to them as "Druggies". And again, I quote:

I call them scum, straight up. The Bible says they are going to be burned. I am nice, I will donate the barbeque sauce.

LOL I did not ask the guys in line if they addicts.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah, you just called them scum for no reason, eh?

No they looked like scum.
Not that I would expect people to clean up and dress up to sit in pot line.
Now that would be awful! See one of your kids in a pot line.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't lit up in years. If you read all of the posts you'd know that tough guy.
Congrats. So, why ask whether dope is beneficial to our Christian walk when the Bible plainly teaches complete abstinence of anything that robs us of sobriety?

Reactions: Brakelite

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My family comes from New Brunswick. We call ourselves herring chokers. Herring are fish that run up streams to spawn. I guess you can jump in the water, grab them with your hands, and, I guess, choke them. Lol
Kaz lives in New Brunswick, which, for some reason, doesn't surprise me. :confused:

Reactions: Kaz

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, "Thou shalt not ingest shrooms or smoke weed" is not one of the Ten Commandments.
"Thou shalt not kill" is, right?

When you introduce poisonous substances into your ransomed body which doesn't even belong to you, but to God, you are killing yourself...slowly.

Last time I checked, the commandment doesn't say, "Thou shalt not kill abruptly".

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love New Brunswick!
77_550x550_Front_Color-NA.jpg

Reactions: Kaz

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was my belief that it was never a war on drug, but a war on drug addicts.
Jesus hung out with such.
48 years and He has never left me. I just didn't realize that He was there for a long time.
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Reactions: Azim

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. We're it so, that type scripture would appear in the book of the Exodus.

Genesis 1:29
And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.
But, after curse of sin fell upon the earth, conditions arose which didn't exist in that which was "good, good, very good"...such as fermentation, poisons, toxins, etc. Animals which previously lived in harmony with each other and nature now became an opposing force to it.

The Elant is the largest antelope in the world and is attracted to Acacia leaves...it will walk up to the tree and start wolfing them down. So, to avoid being killed, it has a defense mechanism: the breaking twigs release a pheromone which warns not only that tree, but the others nearby: they all respond by elevating the levels of the toxin "tannin" in their leaves so that at some point the animal takes a bite and goes, "yuck"...and he walks about 100 yards and begins eating on another tree, thus, the animal is forced to satisfy its hunger in a way that prevents it from stripping one and killing it off.

So, it's clear that toxins in plants are intended by God for purposes other than poisoning ourselves.

Reactions: Brakelite