dumb questions I was emailed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's my situation and I'm glad to not have been taught to use the newer translations since the old King Jimmy is overall the most accurate.
I do believer this is so. I started reading the Bible in English in 1976 when I truly began serving God. In 1978 a friend who was a Russian translator bought me a German Luther and Spanish Valera Bible. He knew I translated those languages and from then I have been reading the Bible in the three languages. I don't argue the point with people but for me King James English matches those languages best in grammar.

The main reason I like it it is goes hand in hand with my Strong's Concordance making it easy to dig in to the greek and hebrew
I have a Cruden's but mostly I use the Strong's.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believer this is so. I started reading the Bible in English in 1976 when I truly began serving God. In 1978 a friend who was a Russian translator bought me a German Luther and Spanish Valera Bible. He knew I translated those languages and from then I have been reading the Bible in the three languages. I don't argue the point with people but for me King James English matches those languages best in grammar.
Wow, that's cool.
Do the German and Spanish Bibles give a different flavor on some passages unique to the language?

/

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, that's cool.
Do the German and Spanish Bibles give a different flavor on some passages unique to the language?

/
Yes. I used to read them together for the purpose of comparison, but I stopped that many years ago.

Now I read in only one language on any given day. I rotate the days so that I better retain the foreign languages since I rarely speak anything but English any more.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watch out for the Bible translations that have the triquetra symbol on them, trying to pass it off to represent the Trinity .... but the symbol is an ancient pagan symbol for the pagan moon goddess trinity.

triquetra%202.png
The Triquetra meaning for Christians was simple – it was a handy tool for teaching the ways of Christianity and the Holy Trinity. It would’ve been easy enough to work with something familiar to teach new lessons of faith.

In fact, versions of the Triquetra meaning from the Celtic Christianity period formed the sign of the fish, a symbol synonymous with Christianity.

While the symbol is called a triquetra, it's also known as the trinity knot, the Celtic trinity knot, and the Holy Trinity. The Celtic trinity knot meaning and the trinity knot meaning are vastly different, as they stem from different cultural beliefs, but the concept of three is what binds the two meanings together. For some representations, the trinity knot is depicted with a circle in the center of the triquetra shape.

note: moon god at above link.

IB4UD’s top 5 facts about Celtic knots
Celtic knots are intricate designs with continuous lines that weave and interlace without beginning or end.
The designs of Celtic knots are influenced by nature, incorporating elements such as animals, geometric patterns, and plants, like the Celtic Tree of Life.
The Book of Kells, an illuminated manuscript from the 9th century, showcases elaborate examples of Celtic knotwork.
The intricate patterns of Celtic knots were often used in ancient Celtic jewellery, manuscripts, and stone carvings.
The meaning attributed to Celtic knots can vary, with interpretations ranging from religious symbolism to Celtic symbols expressing heritage and cultural identity.
Some neo-pagans and groups practising new age spirituality also use the Triquetra, or Trinity knot, in their spiritual practice.

clearly different groups have taken a symbols giving them different meanings.

The moon goddes bit comes from the writtings of modern Wiccans. -- which is made up history.