dumb questions I was emailed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago, when I was in my mid 20's, I was under severe attack (from people/cult and spiritually) ...so intense, and prolonged battle that after many weeks, not being able to sleep except from exhaustion... I cried out to God to take me Home. At that moment, I heard clear as day in my spirit ...."Your life is hidden with Christ in God!" It stopped me in my tracks! I said, "What did You say?!" He said it again.... "Your life is hidden with Christ in God." That was what my heart needed at that moment ...a word spoken that brought hope, strength ...faith. And I stood on that promise all these years. That battle didn't just magically end that day. It raged on for years. And in many ways, still does. No matter what happens to this body, no enemy can do more than God allows....because my life is His, and I am hidden with Christ in God. I taught that to my children .... it's something we all need to grasp.
In case the reader didn't catch it, Holy Spirit (the Spirit of Truth) spoke scriptural truth straight into my spirit when I needed it. What He spoke to me that day was from Colossians 3:3.

Colossians 3:3

[3]For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

I've said in another thread that I use the KJV exclusively. But when He spoke to me, He didn't speak in Old English ....no thee's and thou's ....lol ....just plain modern day English.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've just noticed that some folks like to throw the C-word around more than others.

If the shoe fits...

If not, you're off the hook, I would say.

Honestly .....just because a church prefers the KJV doesn't make them a cult. There would have to be actual cultish characteristics, like...
*Dictating to members what they can and cannot do with their money/resources
*Dictating to members how they should discipline their children (often, involving "breaking them" and beatings)
*Elevating members who strictly obey and follow their ideals, while publicly shaming those who "don't measure up"
*Pronouncing "God's judgment" on people who leave the church
*Twisting of scripture to justify their actions and instill fear in members of crossing leadership in any way
*Dictating who members can marry, and what happens in the marriage bed
*Discouraging or forbidding members to attend other churches, or to associate with anyone who is not of their church, or "hold to their standards"

Note: Standards are good. Every Christ-follower should have standards they live by that are based in scripture. But some churches carry that over to opinions ...such as women not wearing pants. Where is that in scripture?? Men wear men's pants ....women wear women's pants. A man would look downright effeminate in women's pants. If we want to stick with the scripture ....men shouldn't be wearing pants either. We all should be wearing robes like people did in the Bible ....men wearing men's robes and women wearing women's robes. Get it? It can be carried into opinion rather than a scripturally based doctrine.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly .....just because a church prefers the KJV doesn't make them a cult. There would have to be actual cultish characteristics, like...
*Dictating to members what they can and cannot do with their money/resources
*Dictating to members how they should discipline their children (often, involving "breaking them" and beatings)
*Elevating members who strictly obey and follow their ideals, while publicly shaming those who "don't measure up"
*Pronouncing "God's judgment" on people who leave the church
*Twisting of scripture to justify their actions and instill fear in members of crossing leadership in any way
*Dictating who members can marry, and what happens in the marriage bed
*Discouraging or forbidding members to attend other churches, or to associate with anyone who is not of their church, or "hold to their standards"

Note: Standards are good. Every Christ-follower should have standards they live by that are based in scripture. But some churches carry that over to opinions ...such as women not wearing pants. Where is that in scripture?? Men wear men's pants ....women wear women's pants. A man would look downright effeminate in women's pants. If we want to stick with the scripture ....men shouldn't be wearing pants either. We all should be wearing robes like people did in the Bible ....men wearing men's robes and women wearing women's robes. Get it? It can be carried into opinion rather than a scripturally based doctrine.
I was in a church like this for 13 years ....and hated every minute of it. Of course, for awhile, I thought it must be just me ....that I wasn't good enough, never measured up. I couldn't bear leaving my babies in a nursery while I sat in an adult church service. I was accused of putting my children before God. And I wasn't that mother who would pinch and spank her babies for crying in church ....till by the time they were 3 or 4 months old, they wouldn't cry anymore out of fear of painful punishment. Babies have needs that God expects all parents to meet .....feeding, changing their dirty diapers, calming a stomach ache ....cuddling, comforting, etc. I saw my mothering role as part of my worship, not separate. I could just as easily sit in a nursery with my baby and listen to the message on the monitor.

Anyway .....the cultish church we attended was a front for the actual cult ....whose leaders were "Christian" by day, and did hideous satanic things at night. I pulled myself and my children out on Mother's Day of 2007 (against the wishes and fears of my husband). And we were severely punished exactly 2 years later ....on Mother's Day of 2009 when we (me and my children) were abducted, drugged, and assaulted in our own barn. No "proof" left except they left photos for me to see what they did ....nothing that identified them ....and multiple doctor visits to address damage that was done .....which confirmed sexual assault. My children had nightmares about them for years. :(

When I use the word "cult" .....these are the type of people I'm referring to. And they are a branch connected to the elite cult (as I call them) ...those who serve "lucifer" and are actively preparing for and awaiting their man, the antichrist.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've just noticed that some folks like to throw the C-word around more than others.

If the shoe fits...

If not, you're off the hook, I would say.

All I did was question someone who told another member they read the wrong bible.

I asked him which bible was the correct bible..

and here we are

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in a church like this for 13 years ....and hated every minute of it. Of course, for awhile, I thought it must be just me ....that I wasn't good enough, never measured up. I couldn't bear leaving my babies in a nursery while I sat in an adult church service. I was accused of putting my children before God. And I wasn't that mother who would pinch and spank her babies for crying in church ....till by the time they were 3 or 4 months old, they wouldn't cry anymore out of fear of painful punishment. Babies have needs that God expects all parents to meet .....feeding, changing their dirty diapers, calming a stomach ache ....cuddling, comforting, etc. I saw my mothering role as part of my worship, not separate. I could just as easily sit in a nursery with my baby and listen to the message on the monitor.

Anyway .....the cultish church we attended was a front for the actual cult ....whose leaders were "Christian" by day, and did hideous satanic things at night. I pulled myself and my children out on Mother's Day of 2007. And we were severely punished exactly 2 years later ....on Mother's Day of 2009 when we (me and my children) were abducted, drugged, and assaulted in our own barn. No "proof" left except they left photos for me to see what they did ....nothing that identified them ....and multiple doctor visits to address damage that was done .....which confirmed sexual assault. My children had nightmares about them for years. :(

When I use the word "cult" .....these are the type of people I'm referring to. And they are a branch connected to the elite cult (as I call them) ...those who serve "lucifer" and are actively preparing for and awaiting their man, the antichrist.
I do not think it was in this chatroom. But there were a few member who attacked anyone who did not believe the KJV was inspired by God.

to me, that is a cult.. They are worshiping a book not God

Reactions: Ritajanice

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to me, that is a cult.. They are worshiping a book not God
I think they're worshiping their own ideology ....not a book. Like I outlined earlier, these usually have a whole boatload of controlling behaviors and beliefs. They say they are KJV-only ....and yet many of them will twist those scriptures to mean something it doesn't mean. That's what satan does .....he twists the truth.

My programmer/s (under MK Ultra) actually used the scriptures in programming .....you know... "Suffer the little children to come unto me, for of such is the kingdom of God." So ....their twisted meaning (as they quote it word for word in KJV) would be ....that God approves the suffering of children, and the kingdom of "God" requires hurting children. Mengele would actually read/quote John chapter one while he traumatized children.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting.
Could you unwrap that for us a bit more?

How can "access to wisdom" depend "entirely and strictly on faithfulness"?
I would not say "entirely" or "strictly". Consider what Solomon wrote about wisdom:

Pr 2:6For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Pr 9:10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Pr 10:31The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.
One would think that the "wisdom" would come before the "faithfulness". ???
What is God's order? Is it always found in accord with men's logic?

Isa 55:8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Faithfulness to what? Something less than the HOPED FOR wisdom?
How about faithfulness to God? Don't make it more complicated. Will not God lead us if we seek Him and ask to be led of Him? What if we cannot see farther than one step in front of us? If we are trusting in Him what more is needed in this moment... in this day?
It sounds like a cart before the horse situation to me. Please explain. Thanks.

Does that answer my question?
How can "access to wisdom" depend "entirely and strictly on faithfulness"?

Can we "seek ye first the kingdom" without the wisdom of WHAT that kingdom is?
Yes, I believe we can. Can we seek the face of Jesus without knowing who he is or what he looks like? Who is our Director?
Jer 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
Pr 16:9A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

I get that we need to be faithful. But doesn't the TO WHAT (the wisdom) come first?

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually prefer the word "conversion" to "salvation".
Salvation isn't a one one time event in a person's life to me.
Whereas conversion is. Salvation is more multifaceted than that.
Saved from what? Converted is much more binary. ON/OFF

What's your beef with the "C-word"?

/

• Haha
Reactions: BarneyFife

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use the KJV exclusively and any study I do is with a Strong's Concordance, maps, etc. As a 13 yr old straight out of satanic cult abuse, my heart understood the words just fine. His Word is, after all, alive and active. :)
I also use only the KJV for English reading and study. After so many decades in it, I am not likely to change now. But... God may certainly speak to others via other versions.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually prefer the word "conversion" to "salvation".
Salvation isn't a one one time event in a person's life to me.
Whereas conversion is. Salvation is more multifaceted than that.
Saved from what? Converted is much more binary. ON/OFF

What's your beef with the "C-word"?

/

Dude, I meant "Cancer!" :p

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also use only the KJV for English reading and study. After so many decades in it, I am not likely to change now. But... God may certainly speak to others via other versions.

That's my situation and I'm glad to not have been taught to use the newer translations since the old King Jimmy is overall the most accurate.

The main reason I like it it is goes hand in hand with my Strong's Concordance making it easy to dig in to the greek and hebrew

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ