dumb questions I was emailed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. if there was no death before sin, how the heck did God make sure an ant wasnt accidently stepped on and killed by Adam, Eve, or another large animal in the garden of eden?
  2. Is the biocycle one of death? How ould YEC answer the question did leaves fall off trees down to the ground, rot, and fertilise the earth?
  3. Did Adam, Eve, and all the animals have bumholes…did they poop, or is that a result of the corruption of sin? How does a YEC answer such a dilemma? Can a YEC honestly make the seemingly ridiculous claim “no need to poo and wee in the garden of eden” in answer to such a question?
  4. Hair and nails… most mammals have hair…isnt hair and fingernail growth related to dying cells? (i dont know, just heard something along these lines years ago as a child and havent thought about it until now). My understanding is that only the root of the hair is alive…everything above that is dead! IT would be pretty hard to support the claim there was no hair or fingernails in the garden of Eden.
  5. How do we explain mucus? Was that something that we didnot produce in the garden of Eden? What about our sweath glands in our skin…surely exercise and hard work caused Adam and Eve to perspire?
  6. When Adam and Eve got jiggy with each other in the Garden of Eden and a bit of mischief was the order of the hour, given that more sperm is produced than actually used, what happened to the unused sperm? did that simply end up out on the ground running down the female’s leg, or was it absorbed into her body as food…I mean what happened to it?
  7. As another on these forums has posted, is eating produce of the field killing it? I mean its a bit hard to eat root type vegetables without pulling up the plant itself.
  8. What about orange skins, garlic skins, or onion skins…i cant see myself ever eating an any of those. Did they eat the skin or throw it away for fertilising the ground. How do YEC support the claim that is not death?
  9. What did termites eat? How can a tree full of termites survive?
  10. how about snot…my nose gets pretty snotty when im in a dusty place…and there is nothing better the snotting out a nose full of the stuff…is dust sinful or a result of a corruption of sin? Why do we have snot that would not also be needed in the Garden of Eden? I mean, what about sneezing? we get a nose full of pollen and voila out it comes under plenty of pressure. What if, like sperm that pollen never ends up on the other sex of its own kind of plant…does it die in the Garden of Eden? What would be the purpose of such an event?
  11. What about methane…i mean lets face it, we eat cabbage…we fart! obviously quite a deal of life in the biocycle also produces fart gas. Is that a result of sin? is it damaging to the environment because it stinks?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would someone email you those questions?
I often witness to people online and in person. In person, I give them a business card with a brief gospel on one side, contact on the other. I get lots of phone calls from this. The cards are 3"x5" in size.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

dumb questions I was emailed​

Wow. I think those are great questions.
How did you respond?

"That was a dumb question, so I will not answer it." ???

/

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
  1. if there was no death before sin, how the heck did God make sure an ant wasnt accidently stepped on and killed by Adam, Eve, or another large animal in the garden of eden?
  2. Is the biocycle one of death? How ould YEC answer the question did leaves fall off trees down to the ground, rot, and fertilise the earth?
  3. Did Adam, Eve, and all the animals have bumholes…did they poop, or is that a result of the corruption of sin? How does a YEC answer such a dilemma? Can a YEC honestly make the seemingly ridiculous claim “no need to poo and wee in the garden of eden” in answer to such a question?
  4. Hair and nails… most mammals have hair…isnt hair and fingernail growth related to dying cells? (i dont know, just heard something along these lines years ago as a child and havent thought about it until now). My understanding is that only the root of the hair is alive…everything above that is dead! IT would be pretty hard to support the claim there was no hair or fingernails in the garden of Eden.
  5. How do we explain mucus? Was that something that we didnot produce in the garden of Eden? What about our sweath glands in our skin…surely exercise and hard work caused Adam and Eve to perspire?
  6. When Adam and Eve got jiggy with each other in the Garden of Eden and a bit of mischief was the order of the hour, given that more sperm is produced than actually used, what happened to the unused sperm? did that simply end up out on the ground running down the female’s leg, or was it absorbed into her body as food…I mean what happened to it?
  7. As another on these forums has posted, is eating produce of the field killing it? I mean its a bit hard to eat root type vegetables without pulling up the plant itself.
  8. What about orange skins, garlic skins, or onion skins…i cant see myself ever eating an any of those. Did they eat the skin or throw it away for fertilising the ground. How do YEC support the claim that is not death?
  10. how about snot…my nose gets pretty snotty when im in a dusty place…and there is nothing better the snotting out a nose full of the stuff…is dust sinful or a result of a corruption of sin? Why do we have snot that would not also be needed in the Garden of Eden? I mean, what about sneezing? we get a nose full of pollen and voila out it comes under plenty of pressure. What if, like sperm that pollen never ends up on the other sex of its own kind of plant…does it die in the Garden of Eden? What would be the purpose of such an event?
  11. What about methane…i mean lets face it, we eat cabbage…we fart! obviously quite a deal of life in the biocycle also produces fart gas. Is that a result of sin? is it damaging to the environment because it stinks?
Your answer?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

How boring yet another ignorant Christian who knows nothing g about how the bible defines ' life '..

Plants, insects, bacteria etc are classified as being alive in the same way as ani also and people.
As your question about death of, only relates to p.ants insects and bacteria there is no conflict
Please start studying answers in genesis or creation.com.

• Haha
Reactions: The Learner

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Don't go beyond what is written. Scripture refers to death in Adam due to sin. However, the creation was then made subject to futility, as is clearly seen, things just decay, fail, and all of nature is corrupted, leading to the flood of Noah, but afterward God lifted His curse on the ground. Things in the future will be perfected and very good again as it says in Romans 8, better even than how it was in Gen 1

Genesis 1:31
Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis 2

15 Then the Lord God took [d]the man and put him in the garden of Eden to [e]tend and keep it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you[f] shall surely die.”

Death in Adam, Life in Christ​

Romans 5
12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the [e]offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many [f]offenses resulted in justification. 17 For if by the one man’s [g]offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

18 Therefore, as through [h]one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one[i] Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

Romans 8
19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of [a]corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When death ceases, and it is an enemy, so will birth. That cycle of corruption ceases and is actually destroyed in the New Heavens and New Earth to come. Corruption does not inherit incorruption, everything will change.

20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have [d]fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

Our Final Victory​

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a [m]mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

55 “O[n] Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God spent thousands of years putting his love together to the human race. and we should not take him literally?

You seem to be identifying the eternal God with the scriptures. Those two are not identical, and it is idolatry to so identify them. Do you worship the Bible? Of course, you don't. So why are you identifying the witness to Christ, i.e., the scriptures, with the eternal God? Happily, Jesus clarifies the distinction for us:

You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that testify on my behalf. Yet you refuse to come to me to have life. I do not accept glory from human beings. John 5:39-41

The scripture, which is a witness to Christ, is not God. The witness of the scriptures to Christ is neither perfect nor without error. But it is sufficient to bring us to faith in our living Lord when it bears witness in conjunction with the Holy Spirit.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be identifying the eternal God with the scriptures. Those two are not identical, and it is idolatry to so identify them. Do you worship the Bible? Of course, you don't. So why are you identifying the witness to Christ, i.e., the scriptures, with the eternal God? Happily, Jesus clarifies the distinction for us:

You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that testify on my behalf. Yet you refuse to come to me to have life. I do not accept glory from human beings. John 5:39-41

The scripture, which is a witness to Christ, is not God. The witness of the scriptures to Christ is neither perfect nor without error. But it is sufficient to bring us to faith in our living Lord when it bears witness in conjunction with the Holy Spirit.
I did no such thing

The bible is the word of God. All Scriptures are god breathed.

Scripture is the word of God.. so why would I not take him literally after he spend thousands of years putting it together?

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did no such thing

The bible is the word of God. All Scriptures are god breathed.

Scripture is the word of God.. so why would I not take him literally after he spend thousands of years putting it together?

So the scriptures and Jesus Christ are identical? Of course, they aren't. And yet, we equivocate over the phrase *Word/word of God* using it to refer to both Christ and the scriptures. Clearly they are not even close to the same thing so that we can treat them univocally. One is Christ and the other a witness to Christ.

Should we add another member to the Trinity? Should it be Father, Son, Holy Spirit and the written witness? We might need a council for that, but if the scriptures are God- divine, perfect, and without error- then we will need a council.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the scriptures and Jesus Christ are identical? Of course, they aren't. And yet, we equivocate over the phrase *Word/word of God* using it to refer to both Christ and the scriptures. Clearly they are not even close to the same thing so that we can treat them univocally. One is Christ and the other a witness to Christ.

Should we add another member to the Trinity? Should it be Father, Son, Holy Spirit and the written witness? We might need a council for that, but if the scriptures are God- divine, perfect, and without error- then we will need a council.
Did God author the Bible or did he not?