• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2:7 “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”

The dust of the garden that God formed man of, had not been cursed yet. The earth did not groan to be delivered yet. God created he him; male and female created he them. God created man/female as one flesh. In Genesis 2 God causes a deep sleep (not an ordinary sleep) to fall upon Adam and he removes the female from Adam making a help meet for man; the two becoming "one" of "flesh and bone" but two.

And then the woman sinned. Man was cursed.

In Genesis 3:17 the ground is cursed “…cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;”

The serpent gets a taste of his punishment: “And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shall thou eat all the days of thy life:” Of the Dust, now contaminated by the curse of sin, shall the serpent eat all the days of his life. The dust is made corruptible, making it very different from the dust Adam was formed of.

Leviticus 14:41 tells us, “And he shall cause the house to be scraped within round about, and they shall pour out the dust that they scrape off without the city into an unclean place.” Just as the lepers, women raped, and the spoils under the old Testament’s Mosaic covenant; the dust is to be taken without the city into an unclean place.

The Pharisees stand before men with long faces, smearing dust (Sin) on their faces for eye-service. For the sake of religion. Yet, The Lord calls the Pharisees hypocrites that will not repent, whited sepulchers which, appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Luke 10 “But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, Even the very dust(sin) of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.”

Psalm 72:9 "They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust."

Job 4:19 “How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth?”

Job 30: 18-20 “By the great force of my disease is my garment changed: it bindeth me about as the collar of my coat. He hath cast me into the mire, and I am become like dust and ashes. I cry unto thee, and thou dost not hear me: I stand up, and thou regardest me not.

Therefore, rend that retched garment, sit amidst ashes and dust (sin); …AND REPENT!

Job 42: 5-6 “I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I adhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's interesting in how you're using dust in a few instances.... Hmmmmm.
In Genesis 2 God causes a deep sleep (not an ordinary sleep) to fall upon Adam and he removes the female from Adam making a help meet for man; the two becoming "one" of "flesh and bone" but two.
this is correct, the woman was already in the man, but without shape, without form and without fashion, when God formed the first man. she was only brought fort, shaped/made/fashion into a female on the 6th day.

good topic.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
it's interesting in how you're using dust in a few instances.... Hmmmmm.

this is correct, the woman was already in the man, but without shape, without form and without fashion, when God formed the first man. she was only brought fort, shaped/made/fashion into a female on the 6th day.

good topic.

a man carries both male and female[XY]chromosomes and thus represents humankind but a woman only carries [X]female chromosomes - twinc