"My Ideal Home In Heaven"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm putting this in the Fellowship Forum because it's just a fun thing to think about on occasion. What would your ultimate home in Heaven be like? Mine will (and notice I didn't say "would" but will, LoL) have the following:

1. A massive library, with multiple stories in a very high-ceilinged and spacious room, furnished with tables with beautiful finished woods and very comfortable furniture, and light coming in from the outside. It's not that I'm the most voracious reader, but I love having information at my fingertips.

2. Lavish gardens everywhere, with flowers of every kind and color, and fruit trees bearing fruit at all times. I'd also have a LOT of windows - large windows - throughout the house, so it received a ton of light, and I could see what was going on outside at all times.

3. Animals everywhere, both inside and out (kind of the Dr.Doolittle type)

4. Columns and pillars. My ultimate home would communicate stateliness, authority, architectural taste, and beauty. I'm actually more impressed by the outside of a home than the inside, which in this life I have neither the time nor money to attend to properly.

5. Water. There would be fountains everywhere, and streams winding through the property, and a beach somewhere nearby with waves coming in, so I could be alone with God and just meditate (even though He's everywhere).

These are a few things that come to mind for me. What about you?

For some inspiration to spur your creativity, I posted the following elsewhere, and thought it would be worth using again.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

I used to collect and read numerous Heaven accounts, and included a few excerpts from them in an old study I once wrote - hardly anything really to the amount of material I have on it, but here are just a few quotes:

Jesus and I passed towns, buildings and little offices. The buildings were for whatever "business" or interaction that takes place in Heaven. I saw people coming and going, and they were all smiling. Some sang songs I recognized from earth, while others sang heavenly songs I had never heard. Many carried little bundles, and some carried books. While I don't believe there is an exchange of money in Heaven, people were going in and out of those buildings to get things. I saw a woman walk into one place with a bundle of some type of goods and later walk out with a book. (Lairdon, We Saw Heaven, P.30)

As one account put it, they are "always trying to do something" for you in Heaven, and this involves also building mansions for those who have not died yet. This implies that those they know are indeed going to Heaven when they die, so there appears to be a foreknowledge of the saved. And most things in Heaven don't just appear magically. They are being built by the saints of God for those on their way to Heaven, in accordance with God's foreknowledge of what each believer would enjoy most. According to numerous accounts, the creativity is breath-taking.

On my way to the Throne of God. I saw an avenue just off the street I was walking on... On this avenue there were mansions beyond compare. I was told that they were for missionaries. Everything they'd given, they'd given to the Lord. I believe that in Heaven, God rewards everything that we can't receive on earth. I was taken to one house on the street on which I was walking. It was a single mansion carved out of a single, giant pearl. The house seemed to be two hundred fifty to three hundred feet across and one hundred feet tall... even the chandelier had been carved out of the pearl and it was lit. It glowed from within... Of all the buildings I saw in Heaven, none of them had locks on any doors, and the doors were not closed. Whether they were mansions, smaller homes, or apartment buildings (yes, some people liked living in condominiums in Heaven), all were open. Everyone who comes by is perfectly welcome to enter, whether you are there or not. But, out of respect, I don't believe anyone enters anyone else's home when the resident is not there. I saw houses that were brightly lit from the inside and whose architecture was beautiful. In Heaven, it seems the architecture includes large pillars. Every home had large porches with pillars and huge archways. Some of the houses were made out of what appeared to be a type of brick or stone material. Others were made out of a type of wood. Yet as I looked, there were no nails or even pegs. Not a piece was sawn, but everything was crafted and fit perfectly together. I saw a veranda on one home that looked like it was made of onyx. You could see through it; it was as clear as glass. Inlaid in the porch were precious stones and gold and silver, and there were great diamonds... I saw a home made of clear stone, embedded with roses that were alive and growing, and gave off the most beautiful aroma. When I put my ear up to anything solid in Heaven, I heard it humming the most beautiful songs. Some of the songs were ones we sing on earth, but others were not. Everything gave praise and glory to the Lord. (Sigmund, My Time In Heaven, P.38-40)

As we went up a path, I saw a gigantic house above the trees. I know it was a mansion, and that it didn't simply look that way because I was a little boy... Jesus and I waited for what seemed like a period of about three minutes, and then He knocked again, before anyone ever came to the door. A man opened the door... [and] then invited us inside; Jesus and I walked in and sat down in what I would call a living room or den area. The furniture there is different from that on earth in this respect: It is as if comfort "lives" in the furniture of Heaven. Earthly furniture becomes uncomfortable after you sit in it for awhile, and you find yourself squirming and shifting periodically. In Heaven, comfort finds you. I sat down on a black velvet couch, and comfort reached up and "cuddled" me. I was so comfortable that I never had to move once. After we finished talking, the man took us through the house. His mansion seemed just like houses on earth, but it was total perfection. The windows had curtains over them. The walls were decorated with paintings, which in this in this particular house reminded me of modern art on earth, except better. Also, there were photographs of the man's family members, and there were plants everywhere. In addition, the mansion was filled with beautiful furniture and luxuries. Some things I did not recognize. Each mansion was suited to the person who lived there, for every child of God has his or her own mansion in Heaven (John 14:2). This one had different rooms, such as dining room, living room, kitchen, den, and so forth. (I am sure there were bedrooms, but I did not go upstairs). (Lairdon, I Saw Heaven, P.28-30)

We soon reached [the home], and I was truly charmed with it in every way. It was fashioned much like my brother Nell's home, and built of polished woods. It was only partly finished, and was most artistically done. Although uncompleted, I was struck with the fact that everything was perfect so far as finished. There was no debris anywhere; no chips, no shavings, no dust. The wood seemed to have been perfectly prepared elsewhere - where, I have no idea. The pieces were made to fit accurately, like the parts of a great puzzle. It required much skill and artistic taste to properly adjust each in its place... [and] the house was slowly growing into beauty and symmetry. (Springer, My Dream Of Heaven, P.42-43)

The previous account was also related by a third party in a later book, where this same woman was taken by a husband or brother who had died ahead of her (I forget which now) to view the mansion he was building for her in advance of her death:

Frank led Rebecca up the stairs to the veranda and into the house between large marble columns. The reception hall had an inlaid floor, a window with mullioned glass and a wide, low stairway. Before Rebecca could speak, Frank took her hands and welcomed her to her heavenly home... He led her into a large room made of polished, pale grey marble. The walls and floors, however, were covered with beautiful roses of every type and color. Attempting to gather some up so she would not crush them, Rebecca found them to be embedded in the marble. Frank explained to her that a group of boys and girls had come to the house one day asking if it really were for the Springers. Upon being told that it was, they replied that they had loved the couple and wanted to help make the house even more beautiful. The girls, who carried bouquets of roses, began to toss them over the floors and against the walls, where they remained attached, giving the appearance of fresh flowers. The boys produced tool cases, and through some celestial art embedded each flower in the marble. Rebecca asked Frank who these young people were, and he named them for her. She realized that her love for these children on earth had brought her additional happiness in Heaven. (Rebecca Springer's account, as told by Roberts Lairdon in We Saw Heaven, P.102-103)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just like to go to heaven. Haven't really thought about what it would be like. But I have wanted to have the Holy Spirit 24-7 and I think that happens in full measure in heaven so that there's no temptation to sin.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would just like to go to heaven. Haven't really thought about what it would be like. But I have wanted to have the Holy Spirit 24-7 and I think that happens in full measure in heaven so that there's no temptation to sin.

Well that's an interesting response...

I agree there will indeed be no temptation to sin in Heaven. but now, I personally believe the opportunity to be in-dwelt in full measure by the Holy Spirit is available to us now. It's just a matter of how much time are you willing to devote yourself to the Presence of God : )

But it is a challenge to do so in the midst of everyday life, so I know what you mean.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that's an interesting response...

I agree there will indeed be no temptation to sin in Heaven. but now, I personally believe the opportunity to be in-dwelt in full measure by the Holy Spirit is available to us now. It's just a matter of how much time are you willing to devote yourself to the Presence of God : )

But it is a challenge to do so in the midst of everyday life, so I know what you mean.
I'm talking about full measure of the Holy Spirit. God can and does grant moments in life (me about 4 times in my 25 years as Christian) where the Holy Spirit is strong and he gives a message in that spirit. The measure of Holy Spirit is to confirm that it was God talking. I got intense love and peace that lasted for hours and all pain and turmoil left my body. It was four incredible experiences. I normally have a standard level of comforter in the nature of peace and love.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm talking about full measure of the Holy Spirit. God can and does grant moments in life (me about 4 times in my 25 years as Christian) where the Holy Spirit is strong and he gives a message in that spirit. The measure of Holy Spirit is to confirm that it was God talking. I got intense love and peace that lasted for hours and all pain and turmoil left my body. It was four incredible experiences. I normally have a standard level of comforter in the nature of peace and love.

I understand. But what I was saying was, depending upon how much time you spend immersed in Spirit-filled, Spirit-led worship, or in prayer (especially praying in the Spirit), or operating in the gifts of the Spirit, the more frequent those experiences are likely to be rather than simply being relatively few.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand. But what I was saying was, depending upon how much time you spend immersed in Spirit-filled, Spirit-led worship, or in prayer (especially praying in the Spirit), or operating in the gifts of the Spirit, the more frequent those experiences are likely to be rather than simply being relatively few.
I think I know what you mean. I have received it once from witnessing. I was helping to convert a woman and told her that God can do no evil and Satan can do no good. And after I said that God filled me with that level like I was in heaven to confirm the witness I gave. Other times it was with important messages that were personal.

I served God a lot in the past and still look for opportunities. And I get good measures of love and peace from it. But I miss that God message level.

OK so to a more direct answer to the OP. I see the Angelic Heaven as a highly advanced society that all are taken care of and interact in a loving way. We're all family in a sense and that is the greatest gift of heaven. A dwelling place is important too. I don't need much. Just a nice home and immediate family to love and be loved by. :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will we be able to perceive? What do we want? What does God want to show us?

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I Cor 2:9

Now I am overtired all of the time. When I do sleep it is not a good sleep. Do you suppose that rest for the body and sleep anything like what need and want now, would be a part of the scenario? Boundless, unlimited energy never feeling tired again?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would your ultimate home in Heaven be like?

my ultimate home in heaven would first be secure (no thievery). No fear or loss. No decay or rot. Solidly built on an incorruptible foundation. Second) lots of rejoicing and warmth with receiving. Third) although no less important than one and two (Imo), is there would be room for me. A place for me to call home and an invitation of belonging there; as accepted and beloved. No more singular or alone or always searching for room, but open doors of securely belonging and received there. Fellowship and a family beyond my imagination; where there is a shared commonality and deep consideration for one another. It makes me think of when Jesus Christ was born and there was no room in the inn, nor any room in Jerusalem when he rode in on the ass…and how many of us search and search in the same way where we might be received instead of turned away.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
my ultimate home in heaven would first be secure (no thievery). No fear or loss. No decay or rot. Solidly built on an incorruptible foundation. Second) lots of rejoicing and warmth with receiving. Third) although no less important than one and two (Imo), is there would be room for me. A place for me to call home and an invitation of belonging there; as accepted and beloved. No more singular or alone or always searching for room, but open doors of securely belonging and received there. Fellowship and a family beyond my imagination; where there is a shared commonality and deep consideration for one another. It makes me think of when Jesus Christ was born and there was no room in the inn, nor any room in Jerusalem when he rode in on the ass…and how many of us search and search in the same way where we might be received instead of turned away.
@VictoryinJesus Reminds me of Matthew 6.19-21:

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

haruto

Nov 12, 2020
Freeport
Faith
Christian
Country
Albania
Cool I imagine my ideal home too. Btw, I used to change something in my bathroom and installed new low flow toilet. It’s quite good purchase for my small bathroom. I used to find my toilet before in review https://bathroomer.org/best-low-flow-toilet/ because it’s hard to make right choice for beginner in it.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will we be able to perceive? What do we want? What does God want to show us?

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I Cor 2:9

Now I am overtired all of the time. When I do sleep it is not a good sleep. Do you suppose that rest for the body and sleep anything like what need and want now, would be a part of the scenario? Boundless, unlimited energy never feeling tired again?

concerning never feeling tired again. I’ve had those days where it is the best day possible. No pains. No tiredness. My thoughts clear and my perspective positive. Days where I feel so close to Him and thankful and hopeful. Where songs cause a great joy and I wonder why I ever doubt. Actually feeling so stable I’ll think “why do you doubt. Remember this and never doubt again.” A great day. I don’t know if it is chemical within my body but a day where there is no depression or worry. But I also know the low times are just around the corner, where I go to bed and wake up the next day in a different frame of mind: doubtful, questioning again, negative and depressed. Point is, I’ve wondered if heaven is our best day continually without all the chemical things that happen within a body where the mood turns sour. A continuous great day of joy and thankfulness where depression stays away for good.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
concerning never feeling tired again. I’ve had those days where it is the best day possible. No pains. No tiredness. My thoughts clear and my perspective positive. Days where I feel so close to Him and thankful and hopeful. Where songs cause a great joy and I wonder why I ever doubt. Actually feeling so stable I’ll think “why do you doubt. Remember this and never doubt again.” A great day. I don’t know if it is chemical within my body but a day where there is no depression or worry. But I also know the low times are just around the corner, where I go to bed and wake up the next day in a different frame of mind: doubtful, questioning again, negative and depressed. Point is, I’ve wondered if heaven is our best day continually without all the chemical things that happen within a body where the mood turns sour. A continuous great day of joy and thankfulness where depression stays away for good.
During the daytime I am much like you with better days and worse ones. However, long before bedtime I am always drooping and dozing in the midst of this or that activity. I almost, however, dread the time to turn off the lights one more time. That is a negative thing, but my experience has been very short sleeping times. I usually fall asleep quickly and soundly, but... wake up in the middle of the night and usually get up to read and talk to God.

This thread is on the heaven we would like to see. This negative thing now is what I would to see gone from me... That could be viewed as a selfish thing. For that I apologize to everyone.

Give God the glory!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm putting this in the Fellowship Forum because it's just a fun thing to think about on occasion. What would your ultimate home in Heaven be like? Mine will (and notice I didn't say "would" but will, LoL) have the following:

1. A massive library, with multiple stories in a very high-ceilinged and spacious room, furnished with tables with beautiful finished woods and very comfortable furniture, and light coming in from the outside. It's not that I'm the most voracious reader, but I love having information at my fingertips.

2. Lavish gardens everywhere, with flowers of every kind and color, and fruit trees bearing fruit at all times. I'd also have a LOT of windows - large windows - throughout the house, so it received a ton of light, and I could see what was going on outside at all times.

3. Animals everywhere, both inside and out (kind of the Dr.Doolittle type)

4. Columns and pillars. My ultimate home would communicate stateliness, authority, architectural taste, and beauty. I'm actually more impressed by the outside of a home than the inside, which in this life I have neither the time nor money to attend to properly.

5. Water. There would be fountains everywhere, and streams winding through the property, and a beach somewhere nearby with waves coming in, so I could be alone with God and just meditate (even though He's everywhere).

These are a few things that come to mind for me. What about you?

For some inspiration to spur your creativity, I posted the following elsewhere, and thought it would be worth using again.
Sounds about the same as to how the monarchs and wealthy of this world set themselves up!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I'm looking for. Freedom from the weakness of the flesh in all regards!

And the chemical thing, yes, I'm convinced that's how it's working. The same happens with me.

Much love!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I echo this, though if I had to be honest, self cleaning was the very first thing that came to mind. That would be absolute Heaven. I'll do whatever jobs God wants me in Heaven, but not have to clean my house for eternity and it be immaculate. That is my absolute greatest desire besides this right here. I know I'm going to love whatever God has for me.

I guess the other thing would just be a home just flowing with music I would never be tired of.

I'm more then anything looking forward to peace... No hurt or confusion or fear.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds about the same as to how the monarchs and wealthy of this world set themselves up!

Yeah, but a lot of them live in dusty old castles and have stiff old, armed guards and stuff. The only guards I want are maybe an assortment of lions, tigers, panthers, jaguars, etc. - friendly, but mildly imposing - so that when somebody shows up they're greeted with a good clear look in the eyes, and then a purr and a big circling about their legs and body, LoL. :D

Reactions: Lambano

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK so to a more direct answer to the OP. I see the Angelic Heaven as a highly advanced society that all are taken care of and interact in a loving way. We're all family in a sense and that is the greatest gift of heaven. A dwelling place is important too. I don't need much. Just a nice home and immediate family to love and be loved by. :)

Everything will be Heaven, in the true sense of the word. :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes. I think most of it is purposely being left as a surprise. I'm just the type who sometimes likes knowing things in advance. :)

Reactions: amadeus