Easter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your fellow PROTESTANT scholars agree:
R. T. France
states: “Three days and three nights was a Jewish idiom to a period covering only two nights” (Matthew, 213).

I'm not talking about Bible now; I'm talking about semantics, grammar, syntax, call it what you like. This Protestant 'scholar' is an idiot like you because you agree with his linguistic sottishness.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Consequently, the Early Church immediately started meeting on the first day of the week (Sunday) and referred to it as "The Lord's Day" (Acts 20:7, 1 Cor. 16:2, Rev. 1:10). This is ALSO the ONLY day that is singled out by the Early Church Fathers as the day of the Resurrection - UNANIMOUSLY.

Unanimous Last Days' Church Fathers.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You STILL haven't shown where you get the idea that Palm Sunday occurred on Saturday Night.
Again - your attachment was unusable. Just explain it.

This is, after all - a discussion forum . . .

Then you did not read my previous post where I had set out the scriptures in chronological order of the "Palm Sunday" entry into Jerusalem of Christ.

During the time of Christ, each consecutive day begin at sunset, so during the twilight period afte the sun had set, it was Sunday, i.e. the first day of the week and not part of the Sabbath, so the crowds could come out to see Jesus.

taken from my post above and reprinted below.

2. Saturday’s, today’s timeframe, twilight after sunset

a. Crowds come to see Jesus and Lazarus: - John 12:9
b.
The Chief Priests conspire to kill Lazarus: – John 12:10-11
c.
Jesus sends two disciples ahead to find a colt. [Jesus will ride on this colt as he goes to Jerusalem for the finial week before his death.] : - Matt 21:1b-4, Mark 11:1b, Luke 19:29b-31
d.
The disciples go to find the colt: - Matt 21:6, Mark 11:4-6, Luke 19:32-34
e.
People come out from Jerusalem to Jesus because they had heard that he was entering Jerusalem: - John 12:12-13
f.
Jesus rides a young colt into Jerusalem and the crowds sing praises: - Matt 21:7-11, Mark 11:7-10, Luke 19:35-38, John 12-14-15
g.
Some Pharisees asked that the crowd be restrained: - Luke 19:39-40
h.
Jesus’ disciples did not understand the significance of the event straight away.: - John 12:16-18
i.
The Pharisees express their concern over Jesus: - John 12:19
j.
Jesus goes into the temple: - Mark 11:11a
k.
Greek worshippers in Jerusalem asked to meet Jesus: - John 12:20-26
l.
Jesus is glorified and tells those around him how he is to die: - John 12:27-36a
m.
Jesus removes himself from among the people: - John 12:36b
n.
Jesus returns to Bethany: - Mark 11:11b
Is not point f. above part of the Palm Sunday Story?

It seems to me that because it was not written in the format that you had asked for that you did not read my posrt at all as I had given you all of the necessary information for you to establish that what I had written and claimed was true.
Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The only place in the universe you will get the chronological events of Jesus’ last passover from when He drew near for the last time to Jerusalem to the day He Resurrected, is the Gospels.

Read EVERY relevant Scripture in the last chapters of the four Gospels, in textual sequence put together in chronological and logical, historical order, word for word, verse by verse, context to context, Gospel for Gospel, using the King James Version interlinear with the Greek, and every shadow of doubt is dispelled about Christ's perfect fulfilment of the Passover of Yahweh's "three days thick darkness", sola Scriptura as per the Article of the Christian Confession of Faith, I believe in Christ, who was crucified, who died and was buried, and who “ROSE from the dead according to the Scriptures THE THIRD DAY”!

Immediate, free, in full use, electronic delivery now, on receipt of your e-mail address to biblestudents at imaginet dot co dot za. DV

In my post that was #63 above I did provide a PDF but it was the wrong file so i have deleted that post and have now attached the right file of the sequences of Jesus' journey up to Jerusalem up and until his assentation, for people to read.

It is of course free for people to use.

Attachments

• The Story of Jesus as He goes up to jerusalem the last time.pdf
    571.4 KB · Views: 0

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, sure it isn't. In fact it can be seen and even be called the anchor for Jesus' Last Week of Passover of Yahweh Suffering and Death. That's why it is called Palm Sunday.

That triumphant 'Entrance' on the tenth day of the First Month "BONE_ESSENTIAL DAY" of the Last Week in Jesus' earthly life...

Last Week: Palm-Sunday : Entrance into Jerusalem : 5 days before Abib 15 is Abib 10

“tenth day of the First Month”

Exodus 12:3 Ezekiel 40:1 “Bone-day”

John 12:12-19 “the next morning” (50)

= Mark 11:1-11 Bethany; into Jerusalem; into temple; late out to Bethany (53)

= Matthew 21:1-11 Bethfage; into Jerusalem (54)

= Luke 19:28-44 Bethfage and Bethany; into Jerusalem (56)

...WHICH ENDED with its Sabbath Day, the Seventh Day of the week, was on the First Day of the week because the day before "the next day" in verse 12, was "SIX days before" "the first day" on Abib 15 of the seven "FEAST DAYS", the Sixth Day "the Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath", 'Friday'.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why, some verses are missing or rather, you missed them, or rather, you confused them for

John 12:12-19 “the next morning” (50)

= Mark 11:1-11 Bethany; into Jerusalem; into temple; late out to Bethany (53)

= Matthew 21:1-11 Bethfage; into Jerusalem (54)

= Luke 19:28-44 Bethfage and Bethany; into Jerusalem (56)

Did I not say that point e was part of the overall Palm Sunday Story which actually6 took place within our understanding of time frames for days, on Saturday Night after the sun had set during the twilight period while there was still light until late at night, i.e. possibly up to 10 pm at night.

Perhaps if you had taken the time to actually read what I had presented, then you would have seen that the next day began at sun set, so technically the next day was Sunday, the first day of the week which began after sunset of the Sabbath Day when it was legal for the crowds to come out to Bethany to see Jesus and Lazarus. Therefore what I have presented is not outside of the gospel story.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
- Day 5 (Mark 14:12) "On the first day of Unleavened Bread..."
- Day 6 (Mark 15:1) "As soon as it was morning..." (This is the day of the crucifixion)
- Day 7 (not mentioned) (This is the Sabbath)
- Day 8 (Mark 16:1) "When the sabbath was over..."

Correct and wrong- Day 5 of the week (Mark 14:12,17) "evening on the first day of Unleaven(ing) / leaven remove(d) when they KILLED the passover..." STARTING (Thursday-Wednesday) "evening".

Wrong:- Day __6__ (Mark 15:1) "As soon as it was morning..."
Correction: This is the day of the crucifixion Mark 14:12,17 Day 5 of the week "straightway in the morning" CONTINUED.

NOW:- Day 6 of the week STARTING Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31,38 Luke 23:50 when "Joseph came there ... EVENING since it became / was the Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath".

False:- Day 7 of the week (not mentioned) This is the Sabbath

The truth Written:- This is the Sabbath "the morning (day) that is after the Preparation (Friday) ... the third day ... and suddenly late on Sabbath mid-afternoon towards the First Day of the week the angel of the Lord cast the stone away from the grave." Matthew 27:62-28:4.

Correct- Day 8 "On the First Day of the week" (Mark 16:1) "When the sabbath was over..." Mark 16:2

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the crowds to come out to Bethany to see Jesus and Lazarus.
It says Jesus came where Lazarus lived in Bethany six days before "the days (sehmerohn) of passover feast" which days began on and with the fifteenth day of the First Month which day began on and with its evening (as always all days began). So it was indeed "supper" made for Jesus "SIX days before passover's first feast day", according to <our understanding of time frames for days> not, on 'Saturday night', but on 'Friday evening' the beginning hours of the Sabbath's night according to the Bible 'time frame for days'.

So Jesus enjoyed the "supper" and the following day-time of the Sabbath "at Lazarus where he was / stayed in Bethany"; and "the next day, morning" - 'epaurion', entered the city on 'Sunday', five days before Friday Abib 15.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Perhaps if you had taken the time to actually read what I had presented, then you would have seen that the next day began at sun set, so technically the next day was Sunday, the first day of the week which began after sunset of the Sabbath Day when it was legal for the crowds to come out to Bethany to see Jesus and Lazarus. Therefore what I have presented is not outside of the gospel story.

Now here's your own proof that what you have presented is outside of the Gospel story. This namely, your nonsensical and irrelevant and fabricated legalist legalism:
...after sunset of the Sabbath Day when it was legal for the crowds to come out to Bethany to see Jesus and Lazarus.

I don't think I would be wrong if I assumed you are a Wednesday crucifixionist. Statement; no question.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I avoid theories as they tend to be......theories.
LOL.... your aforementioned "concrete evidence" way of deciding if something is true or not is the DICTIONARY DEFINITION of "theory"

Soooooo how is it that you "avoid theories" o_O

Your killing me Marksman....killing me with laughter.....:rolleyes:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were you I would look up what it says about the traditions of men.
Hi Marksman,

You don't celebrate Christmas? You don't attend Christian weddings?? :(

Are you married?

Curious Mary

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect he won't respond!!!! I think @BreadOfLife is tired of you playing dodgeball with him like you do with me........;)
He already did once. If he wants that question answered he should stop throwing garbage ideas and questions at me.

Chances are it won't matter anyway. He already said I took the verses out of context and I haven't even posted them yet!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it doesn't. Hall was discussing whether 3d/3n is an idiom; Sabbat 9:3 is discussing the uncleanliness of a woman. It is utterly wrong to suggest they are related. The term onah doesnt even mean "day" in the same sense.

You whole point about rabbi's disagreeing is weak. It can be said the same about Christians, Muslims, Democrats, Republicans and so forth. Guess what? They also agree quite a bit too! I bet I can find 3 that agree that a fast lasting 3 days and 3 nights is going to last a full 72 hours.

Pointless question. I am not disagreeing with him. I am disagreeing with you misapplying what he said.
I wonder if he would say a fast lasting 3 days and 3 nights is anything but 72 hours.

LOL! Are you saying that's such a difficult task?
...says the guy who thinks we can apply a discussion about a woman's uncleanliness to the passion week!
... Says the guy who can't differentiate a time of fasting to when Esther went to see the king!
Esther went to see the king BEFORE the fast had reached the completion of the "3 Days and 3 Nights".

As for Shabbat 9:3 from the Babylonian Talmud which clearly explains the idiom that ANY part of an "onah" (24 hour period) represents the ENTIRE onah - YOU keep trying to muddy the waters about it NOT applying to a fast but ONLY to a woman's cleanliness. This is complete hogwash. The idiom stands for ALL circumstances. It would be pointless to create the idea of the idiom in the first place if it didn't apply in all cases.
You are desperately grasping at straws here . . .

Finally - my point about 3 rabbis having 3 different opinions doesn't just apply to rabbis. It applies to ALL circumstances where you have different people trying to interpret ANYTHING.
Remember - YOU are the one who tried to make the case that your ONE 21st century rabbinical source was the "end-all" authority on the idea of the 3 Day and 3 Night idiom - NOT me . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about Bible now; I'm talking about semantics, grammar, syntax, call it what you like. This Protestant 'scholar' is an idiot like you because you agree with his linguistic sottishness.
According to YOU - everybody who disagrees with you is an "idiot".
I pity your wife or anybody who has to live with you . . .

The fact is that I've destroyed your case and you are simply lashing out angrily.
Seek help.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unanimous Last Days' Church Fathers.
Unanimity on ANY topic is difficult to find among ANY group - let alone a group of men who lived in different centuries.

Consider yourself historically-SPANKED . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you did not read my previous post where I had set out the scriptures in chronological order of the "Palm Sunday" entry into Jerusalem of Christ.

During the time of Christ, each consecutive day begin at sunset, so during the twilight period afte the sun had set, it was Sunday, i.e. the first day of the week and not part of the Sabbath, so the crowds could come out to see Jesus.

2. Saturday’s, today’s timeframe, twilight after sunset

a. Crowds come to see Jesus and Lazarus: - John 12:9
b.
The Chief Priests conspire to kill Lazarus: – John 12:10-11
c.
Jesus sends two disciples ahead to find a colt. [Jesus will ride on this colt as he goes to Jerusalem for the finial week before his death.] : - Matt 21:1b-4, Mark 11:1b, Luke 19:29b-31
d.
The disciples go to find the colt: - Matt 21:6, Mark 11:4-6, Luke 19:32-34
e.
People come out from Jerusalem to Jesus because they had heard that he was entering Jerusalem: - John 12:12-13
f.
Jesus rides a young colt into Jerusalem and the crowds sing praises: - Matt 21:7-11, Mark 11:7-10, Luke 19:35-38, John 12-14-15
g.
Some Pharisees asked that the crowd be restrained: - Luke 19:39-40
h.
Jesus’ disciples did not understand the significance of the event straight away.: - John 12:16-18
i.
The Pharisees express their concern over Jesus: - John 12:19
j.
Jesus goes into the temple: - Mark 11:11a
k.
Greek worshippers in Jerusalem asked to meet Jesus: - John 12:20-26
l.
Jesus is glorified and tells those around him how he is to die: - John 12:27-36a
m.
Jesus removes himself from among the people: - John 12:36b
n.
Jesus returns to Bethany: - Mark 11:11b
Is not point f. above part of the Palm Sunday Story?

It seems to me that because it was not written in the format that you had asked for that you did not read my posrt at all as I had given you all of the necessary information for you to establish that what I had written and claimed was true.
Shalom
No - I read your post - but your attachment us completely unusable.

The PDF you attached was created using "curves" and lines instead of text. It's a common mistake when distilling PDFs among those who are not familiar with PDF. I work in publishing and have inspected these types of files for years. It was simply created incorrectly.
I would love to see your chart, so if you could attach the native Word file, it would be easier to open.

I simply want to understand how you came to your conclusion about "Palm Saturday" because this is an idea that is completely foreign to the historic Christian faith.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Esther went to see the king BEFORE the fast had reached the completion of the "3 Days and 3 Nights".
So what? The 3 days and 3 nights pertains to the fast, not when she went to see the king. A solid clue is that she (Esther) called for fast for the Jews Shushan. Did they complete the fast of three days and 3 nights? OR perhaps they all went to see the king?

BOL, Jewish fasts are for a specific time period. You can't fast for a portion of a day and get to call it a whole day. If you suggest that to a Jew you will be laughed at. There are different types of fasts for different lengths of time, but idioms do not apply to fasts. This is so rediculously easy to understand and provable that I can't believe anyone is questioning it.

As for Shabbat 9:3 from the Babylonian Talmud which clearly explains the idiom that ANY part of an "onah" (24 hour period) represents the ENTIRE onah - YOU keep trying to muddy the waters about it NOT applying to a fast but ONLY to a woman's cleanliness.

That's because the only thing an onah applies to IS a woman's cleanliness or other points of husband/wife relationship. It is part of the definition of "onah". Why don't you look up and research the word for once. YOU are trying to muddy the waters by NOT applying the word correctly.

Just look up the word... It does not apply to everything... Only to things pertaining to sexual relations.

The idiom stands for ALL circumstances.

NOT SO! Show me one case in the Bible or anywhere that a prescribed fast is anything less than the prescribed time period! It cannot be done! If there is a call for a fast of one day and one night, it is nothing short of 24 hours. If it's a 3 day and 3 night fast, it is nothing short of 72 hours. There are fasts that are "daytime" fasts where its during daylight hours, but those are still from sunset to sundown... A predefined time frame what is not open to "idioms". You are not going to fine a rabbi at 5:55 PM telling a student holding a sandwich and telling him, "Go ahead, it's close enough."