Ecstasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Careful. Remember, Gamaliel warned even the religious leaders. in Acts 5:34, that they might be fighting against God with their denials of what they were positive "could not be of God."

Willie, you have distorted the meaning of that passage, suggesting that the chaotic circus that goes on is somehow "of God." The Lord is not a God of chaos. Chaos is from the evil one.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LC,
You don't think the parting of the red Sea (to mention only one of the hundreds of wild things God did) was totally chaotic? Would you have just said, "Well, of course that is God simply giving us a place to walk", and walked right on in? Hindsight is a wonderful thing to fall back on thousands of years later when we are not right in the middle of a thing.

Reactions: Helen

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it can be closely related to Revelling, which is sinful. God wants us to be temperate. But being filled with Joy is also a gift of the spirit.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Careful. Remember, Gamaliel warned even the religious leaders, in Acts 5:34, that they might be fighting against God with their denials of what they were positive "could not be of God."

The Apostle Paul also scolded the Corinthian Christians for having a free-for-all atmosphere in their meetings, saying, that God is not a God of chaos. But we know who is the Lord of Chaos--none other than Satan himself.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LC,
You don't think the parting of the red Sea (to mention only one of the hundreds of wild things God did) was totally chaotic? Would you have just said, "Well, of course that is God simply giving us a place to walk", and walked right on in? Hindsight is a wonderful thing to fall back on thousands of years later when we are not right in the middle of a thing.

If you read the account in Exodus, it sounds like it was very orderly and quiet. It was the Egyptians chasing after the Israelites who were thrown into chaos. He certainly can turn His enemies back on themselves and has done so on several occasions recorded in the Bible. But God's people follow His instructions and they are orderly.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoreIssue

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read the account in Exodus, it sounds like it was very orderly and quiet. It was the Egyptians chasing after the Israelites who were thrown into chaos by the Lord. He certainly can turn His enemies back on themselves and has done so on several occasions recorded in the Bible. But God's people follow His instructions and they are orderly.
"Orderly and quiet"?????? Did YOU actually read the Exodus account?

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me what I said is not the New Testament actually is in the New Testament.
Of course, we should always be living by knowledge rather than by faith..., right?

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, we should always be living by knowledge rather than by faith..., right?
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

You and your shopping cart theology.

Romans 10:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Orderly and quiet"?????? Did YOU actually read the Exodus account?
And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness." Ex 14:11-12

"And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.
And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea." Ex 15:20-21

And then the complaints begin, but they do not stop while the people travel through the wilderness repeatedly rebelling and repenting until God says: Enough!

"And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?" Ex 15:23-24

Orderly and quiet?

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and your shopping cart theology.

Romans 10:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Your NIV still really says nothing essentially different. Your criticism of me is no response at all to my question. This is your thread and your position I am questioning. Have you no definitive answer from the scriptures using which ever Bible version you prefer? Does no answer on your part means you don't know or that you admit in this instance that my rationale is correct?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness." Ex 14:11-12

"And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.
And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea." Ex 15:20-21

And then the complaints begin, but they do not stop while the people travel through the wilderness repeatedly rebelling and repenting until God says: Enough!

"And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?" Ex 15:23-24

Orderly and quiet?

I was speaking specifically of their crossing. I don't know about you, but if God had suddenly opened a path through the sea when I was terrified of what the Egyptians would do to us if they caught up to us, I think I would likely be shocked into silence.

In any case, we have strayed from the OP which is the unrestrained and ungodly circus-like atmosphere in some places. I know some (whose discernment I respect) who have turned away from the "Toronto Blessing" in disgust over people pretending to be dogs--going around and urinating on the premises as they "mark their territory". There was a video of a pastor on all fours, wearing a dog collar with leash attached, being led by his wife. How is that remotely of the Holy Spirit?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was speaking specifically of their crossing. I don't know about you, but if God had suddenly opened a path through the sea when I was terrified of what the Egyptians would do to us if they caught up to us, I think I would likely be shocked into silence.
We were not communicating. My response was to a broader subject than simply crossing the Red Sea.

A person simply following God who has a lot of faith [or complete faith] in God is one thing, while a group of people very fearful for their own flesh is quite another. Some indeed might as you suggest be shocked into silence, while others might panic running and crying out with more of a "me first" type of attitude.

In any case, we have strayed from the OP which is the unrestrained and ungodly circus-like atmosphere in some places. I know some (whose discernment I respect) who have turned away from the "Toronto Blessing" in disgust over people pretending to be dogs--going around and urinating on the premises as they "mark their territory". There was a video of a pastor on all fours, wearing a dog collar with leash attached, being led by his wife. How is that remotely of the Holy Spirit?
There are false prophets all around us especially perhaps within the gatherings of people calling themselves people of God. We should never generalize by condemning a whole group because we are certain one or even several individuals are imposters or devils. It is by their fruits we are to know them... if we are able to discern between good and bad fruits. When we encounter a person that makes a difference to us or to someone we know then would be the proper time to know what is or is not of God. Hypothetical discussions will NOT provide the answers needed when a real decision is required.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Orderly and quiet?
AMEN!
And don't forget that Moses did NOT just lift his staff to have the sea divide. He did that hours and hours prior to the wind blowing and blowing all night long so that when morning came, they opened their eyes to see two giant walls of water pushed back from that night-long hurricane of violent wind.

Very orderly and quiet. LOL I imagine they felt the earth must have been tearing itself apart that night.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
AMEN!
And don't forget that Moses did NOT just lift his staff to have the sea divide. He did that hours and hours prior to the wind blowing and blowing all night long so that when morning came, they opened their eyes to see two giant walls of water pushed back from that night-long hurricane of violent wind.

Very orderly and quiet. LOL I imagine they felt the earth must have been tearing itself apart that night.

They had been in slavery in Egypt for 400 years--probably little remained of the faith of their forefathers. They had to learn it all over again. Be that as it may, the Corinthians were still told by Paul that God "is not a God of confusion".

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN!
And don't forget that Moses did NOT just lift his staff to have the sea divide. He did that hours and hours prior to the wind blowing and blowing all night long so that when morning came, they opened their eyes to see two giant walls of water pushed back from that night-long hurricane of violent wind. Very orderly and quiet. LOL I imagine they felt the earth must have been tearing itself apart that night.

Recent computer simulations show that a steady wind could produce a land bridge in the area due to the underwater structures.