Einstein's greatest blunder wasn't a blunder

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, lets address your thought here, do you think God created matter ex nihilo?
By light and energy...which is something and therefore not nothing, but rather nothing of it's own. Also, nothing of the typical definition of space, time, or matter, but, as it is written: "vanity" (nothing).
I would also still like an answer to "what are the first words of God" which I asked previously. This question should be your basic biblical milk since we have all been told to live by every word of God by Christ himself, thus anyone who is intent to be or has become a Christian should be able to answer that question.
Are you wanting me to quote Genesis? Because that seems quite ridiculous. We both know what it says...so I take your question to be rhetorical. If rhetorical, then stop repeating the question and make your point. If not rhetorical, then you still need to explain why you are asking what anyone can quote.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By light and energy...which is something and therefore not nothing, but rather nothing of it's own. Also, nothing of the typical definition of space, time, or matter, but, as it is written: "vanity" (nothing).

Ok, so you feel that matter is simply an emanation of Gods light & energy which is a bit better understanding than the typical traditional understandings of men but, you still hold with normal tradition in that space and time just poof into existence from nothingness. Understood.

Are you wanting me to quote Genesis? Because that seems quite ridiculous. We both know what it says...so I take your question to be rhetorical. If rhetorical, then stop repeating the question and make your point. If not rhetorical, then you still need to explain why you are asking what anyone can quote.

How easy would it have been to simply answer the question? When prodded by you to state my points I did so with the idea that we could then proceed without further 'suspicion' interruption in our dialog.
I asked and wanted you to specifically state what God's first words were and it is not as simple as "we both know" because quite frankly not everyone knows and based on your other answers I question if you know. The question is only rhetorical if you know the correct answer. I have made all the points you have asked for in a previous post just as you asked, if you don't want to provide any answers to my questions then how can a discussion of the subject of this thread continue?

There is no one twisting your arm to continue this threads discussion points. You can assume that you know everything you need to know and that no one else has any useable information that can be gleaned from civil discussion. I am quite fine with that end just let this thread go and you won't have to worry about my 'suspicious' questions.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How easy would it have been to simply answer the question? When prodded by you to state my points I did so with the idea that we could then proceed without further 'suspicion' interruption in our dialog.
I asked and wanted you to specifically state what God's first words were and it is not as simple as "we both know" because quite frankly not everyone knows and based on your other answers I question if you know. The question is only rhetorical if you know the correct answer. I have made all the points you have asked for in a previous post just as you asked, if you don't want to provide any answers to my questions then how can a discussion of the subject of this thread continue?

There is no one twisting your arm to continue this threads discussion points. You can assume that you know everything you need to know and that no one else has any useable information that can be gleaned from civil discussion. I am quite fine with that end just let this thread go and you won't have to worry about my 'suspicious' questions.
I'm listening...

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, well the thing is, that is just a theory?

Sry missed answering this one.

Well unless we can go see it first hand from the moment it began then all we could possibly have is theory however, I have a belief that since God created everything then religion and science cannot really contradict each other. All that can be contradictory is erroneous assumptions that become theories which become beliefs.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A few ideas for others to throw around...

1) time is a physical property. It can be affected by mass, velocity, etc. It therefore is a creation just like anything else. Though both are fully correct, the national standards clock in Greenwich, England runs slightly slower than the national standards clock in Boulder, CO. The one is Boulder is 1 mile higher in elevation than the one in Greenwich. Not enough difference to adjust one's daily schedule, but mathematically provable and predictable.

2) Most presuppose light has been constant. Scientists at one time thought it was instantaneous and even though Olaf Roemer determined light had a definite speed, it took the science community 50 years to accept it. Now, we find out that the speed of light has not been a constant. From data analysis from the over 170 times that light speed has been determined, there has been a slowing down of light speed that corresponds to a cosecant squared curve. It is possible that light speed was 1000 times faster at the time of Jesus and 10 million times faster before Abraham. Controversial, but not disproven. So, light in fact must also be a creation. Oh, other atomic constants have been changing in lock step with speed of light change. So even other "constants" are not so constant as we thought.

3) Nachmanidies, a prominent Rabbi in the 13th century, determined just from the first 2 chapters of Genesis that we live in 10 dimensions. Even though we can only deal with 4.... length, height, width, and time. We have spent billions on particle colliders and such and figured out he was right. So God must be any number of dimensions beyond that. Including outside space and time. That is how He can know the end from the beginning, and be in all locations at the same time. For somewhat of a grasp on this idea, read the book "Flatland".

I have felt that we, as humans, in trying to even describe what is the reality around us, are about as advanced as a couple of dogs in a alley trying to discuss how to put a satellite in orbit. We haven't a clue of what reality is. We just pride ourselves in thinking we have a grasp on it. I think God actually gets a chuckle now and then over our arrogance in these matters.

Last edited: