Electing New Pope

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't virtue signal or play identity politics . . .
You mean to tell me through time there hasn’t been one Black Bishop who would qualify, perhaps the Vatican is racist, Pope Francis is technically the first “quote”Hispanic Pope ever, “unquote” he is full blooded Italian through both his parents, what makes him Hispanic is that he was born in Argentina, that’s all.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another epic fail, Einstein . . .
How is that a fail?

I cannot even find Popes or Cardinals in the Bible in any translation, even an Italian one.

Can you show me one to affirm there is such a thing as a Pope or Cardinal in the Bible, please?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean to tell me through time there hasn’t been one Black Bishop who would qualify, perhaps the Vatican is racist, Pope Francis is technically the first “quote”Hispanic Pope ever, “unquote” he is full blooded Italian through both his parents, what makes him Hispanic is that he was born in Argentina, that’s all.
Once again – God doesn’t play identity politics.

He’s not a racist, woke leftist, who thinks that a person’s color actually has something to do with his character or qualifications.
Why does it matter to YOU?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is that a fail?

I cannot even find Popes or Cardinals in the Bible in any translation, even an Italian one.

Can you show me one to affirm there is such a thing as a Pope or Cardinal in the Bible, please?
It's a fail because you couldn't answer ANY of the questions I asked of you - as usual.
Changing the subject and moving the goalposts are the tactics of a failure . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I’ll make you a deal:
As soon as YOU show me where the BIBLE says that our ONLY Authority is the BIBLE – then I’ll show you where you can find the word “Cardinal” in the Bible . . .

Chapter and Verse, please.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again – God doesn’t play identity politics.

He’s not a racist, woke leftist, who thinks that a person’s color actually has something to do with his character or qualifications.
Why does it matter to YOU?
Because what’s it been two thousand years since the first Pope Peter? And not one Black Bishop qualified for Pontifex Maximus?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because what’s it been two thousand years since the first Pope Peter? And not one Black Bishop qualified for Pontifex Maximus?
And to my knowledge – there hasn’t been a Chinese Pope or a
Japanese Pope
Indian Pope
Lithuanian Pope
Russian Pope
Dutch Pope
Australian Pope
Icelandic Pope
Irish Pope
English Pope
Scottish Pope
Native American Pope
and so on . . .

Sooooooo – what’s your point?
You're just being silly . . .

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And to my knowledge – there hasn’t been a Chinese Pope or a
Japanese Pope
Indian Pope
Lithuanian Pope
Russian Pope
Dutch Pope
Australian Pope
Icelandic Pope
Irish Pope
English Pope
Scottish Pope
Native American Pope
and so on . . .

Sooooooo – what’s your point?
You're just being silly . . .
You just made my point.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there's no satisfying virtue-signaling, leftist radicals . . .
I’m right wing, so in two thousand years only Italians are qualified and the only non Italians were Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m right wing, so in two thousand years only Italians are qualified and the only non Italians were Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict.
When I said you were being “silly” – I was being nice.
“Stupid” is more like it.

Of the 266 Popes in the last 2000 years – there have been SEVENTY (70) non-Italian Popes.
Do your homework before you make these kinds of idiotic remarks.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I said you were being “silly” – I was being nice.
“Stupid” is more like it.

Of the 266 Popes in the last 2000 years – there have been SEVENTY (70) non-Italian Popes.
Do your homework before you make these kinds of idiotic remarks.
Oh yeah what ethnicities?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look it up – newadvent.org
Some were from Portugal, Spain, Germany, France, etc.

Ignorant
and clueless is NO way to go through life, son . . .
I mentioned the German Pope, and Polish, Portugal and Spain were part of the Roman Empire ad was France and still White.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mentioned the German Pope, and Polish, Portugal and Spain were part of the Roman Empire ad was France and still White.
And UNTIL the fall of the Roman Empire – MUCH of the world was part of it.

Soooo, YOU think that they should have sailed around the world wo find a Pope that wasn’t living in a country that was part of the Roman Empire?

This is without a doubt – one of the most idiotic conversations I’ve allowed myself to get sucked into on this forum. I suggest you take some time off from the internet and STUDY your history.
And, maybe – just MAYBE, you’ll be able to have a halfway-intelligent conversation.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And UNTIL the fall of the Roman Empire – MUCH of the world was part of it.

Soooo, YOU think that they should have sailed around the world wo find a Pope that wasn’t living in a country that was part of the Roman Empire?

This is without a doubt – one of the most idiotic conversations I’ve allowed myself to get sucked into on this forum. I suggest you take some time off from the internet and STUDY your history.
And, maybe – just MAYBE, you’ll be able to have a halfway-intelligent conversation.
Because it strikes a nerve that’s why you’re resulting to insults, which doesn’t hurt me, I’ve got thick skin.

Reactions: marks

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The NT came out of the Catholic Church – the Apostles and their disciples – guided by the Holy Spirit (John 16:12-15).
[QUOTE="Brakelite, post: 1373242, member: 8521"What gave Rome precedence over the other churches that grew all around them? Nothing more than the false lying word of a worldly emperor and a counterfeit fraudulent document purported to be written by Constantine.
WRONG.

You guys sing the SAME tired, revisionist song in post after post - thread after thread. The REALITY is that the Church in Rome was considered the PRIMARY See centuries BEFORE Constantine:

Ignatius of Antioch
You [the See of Rome] have envied no one, but others have you taught. I desire only that what you have enjoined in your instructions may remain in force (Epistle to the Romans 3:1 [A.D. 110]).

Irenaeus
But since it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the succession of all the churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of
the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles. Peter and Paul, that church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. WITH THAT CHURCH, BECAUSE OF ITS SUPERIOR ORIGIN, ALL THE CHURCHES MUST AGREE, THAT IS, ALL THE FAITHFUL IN THE WHOLE WORLD, and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition (Against Heresies 3:3:2 [inter A.D. 180-190]).

Tertullian
[T]he Lord said to Peter, "On this rock I will build my Church, I have given you the keys of the kingdom of heaven [and] whatever you shall have bound or loosed on earth will be bound or loosed in heaven" [Matt. 16:18-19]. ... Upon you, he says, I will build my Church; and I will give to you the keys, not to the Church; and whatever you shall have bound or you shall have loosed, not what they shall have bound or they shall have loosed (Modesty 21:9-10 [A.D. 220]).

Cyprian

With a false bishop appointed for themselves by heretics, they dare even to set sail and carry letters from schismatics and blasphemers to the Chair of Peter and to the principal church [at Rome], in which sacerdotal unity has its source" (Epistle to Cornelius [Bishop of Rome] 59:14 [A.D. 252]).
The Lord says to Peter: "I say to you," he says, "that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church" . . . On him he builds the Church, and to him he gives the command to feed the sheep John 21:17], and although he assigns a like power to all the apostles, yet he founded a single chair [cathedra], and he established by his own authority a source and an intrinsic reason for that unity. Indeed, the others were that also which Peter was [i.e.,
apostles], BUT A PRIMACY IS GIVEN TO PETER, WHEREBY IT IS MADE CLEAR THAT THERE IS BUT ONE CHURCH AND ONE CHAIR. So too, all [the apostles] are shepherds, and the flock is shown to be one, fed by all the apostles in single-minded accord. If someone does not hold fast to this unity of Peter, can he imagine that he still holds the faith? If he [should] desert the chair of Peter upon whom the Church was built, can he still be confident that he is in the Church? (The Unity of the Catholic Church 4 [A.D. 251]).[/QUOTE]
It still astonishes me how the Gothic nations, all utterly pagan and idolators that covered all of Europe after pagan Rome's fall, all converted to Christianity in the space of less than a century. Thus one would imagine would have been only of God, yet they all were, according to the Romans, heretics... Arians. Doesn't that make you wonder? Makes one wonder even more that the Catholic faith and the Nicean doctrine had to be implemented by force upon those so called Arians, first by the approval of Constantine and his authority over the church, then by the armies of Clovis. The "Arian" nations that held out were destroyed, the Goths, Heruli and Vandals.
At first, the popes found it difficult to achieve religious primacy vis-à-vis the other archbishops around the Mediterranean. One prime example is Milan. The Roman emperors, all being pagans, would not aid them in enforcing it. To some extent, the situation changed with Constantine’s conversion. He favored Christianity, making it the state religion, yet he saw himself as the head of all the churches. This however, still did not elevate the pontiffs over their colleagues in Constantinople, Alexandria, or Jerusalem. Or for that matter Antioch. And so Catholicism invoked the doctrine of Petrine primacy. They had to. That was their only option. The later emperors, especially in the West, accepted it, but only ecclesiastically. A complicating factor was the breakup of the Roman Empire and domination by Germanic peoples. These were Christians, though not Catholics, who refused to acknowledge the pope’s supremacy or to obey his unbiblical dogmas. This problem was partly solved with the assistance of King Clovis in Gaul, who became a Catholic and used military force to impose his new religion. Thirty years later, Justinian I, reigning in Constantinople, decided to reunite the Roman Empire. To this end, he recognized the pope as the head of all the churches, with a view to gaining support in Italy. (This is the means by which the dragon gave the Papacy his power, his seat, and his authority). He sent his great general, Belisarius, first to crush the Vandals in North Africa and then the Ostrogoths in Italy, together with their Germanic religion. But after Justinian died, the other archbishops ignored his elevation of the pope, whom they no longer accepted as their superior. To add to the pontiff’s woes, another Germanic people, the Lombards, then invaded Italy and tried to dominate him, at a time when weak emperors in Constantinople were no longer able to save him. Thereupon he turned westward and petitioned the Franks to provide the necessary troops. At that time, too, the forged Donation of Constantine was produced, procuring not only deliverance from the Lombards but also "gave" him the Papal States, a temporal kingdom that lasted more than eleven centuries, until 1870.
After that comes the finale, an even more ambitious scheme of world domination, in league with a global superpower.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it strikes a nerve that’s why you’re resulting to insults, which doesn’t hurt me, I’ve got thick skin.
It doesn’t “strike a nerve”. WHY should it?
It’s a stupid conversation and I often ridicule really stupid things.

Can YOU tell me why no Africans have taken charge of the Eastern Orthodox Churches?
How about the Anglican Church?
Can you name the last Chinese President of the World Methodist Council?
What’s the name of the last Japanese President of the Southern Baptist Conference?

YOU
may thing that a person’s skin color or ethnic origin makes them “more qualified” – but I assure you that GOD doesn’t.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn’t “strike a nerve”. WHY should it?
It’s a stupid conversation and I often ridicule really stupid things.

Can YOU tell me why no Africans have taken charge of the Eastern Orthodox Churches?
How about the Anglican Church?
Can you name the last Chinese President of the World Methodist Council?
What’s the name of the last Japanese President of the Southern Baptist Conference?

YOU
may thing that a person’s skin color or ethnic origin makes them “more qualified” – but I assure you that GOD doesn’t.
That’s not what I said at all, I said there must’ve been some other ethnicities through the two thousand years that had qualifications to be voted in as Pope.

I don’t believe in affirmative action, because of the color of a person’s skin, color I believe in qualifications for the Papacy.

I’m a former Catholic so I know nothing of the other religions you mentioned.