Embracing Doctrinal Diversity - Unity in diversity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
They see jim wont bring doctrine but rather accusations like i cant read , cant write , am a drunk .
The lambs are seeing jim for what he is . I do pray for him and will continue to do so .
But that man needs to repent of that social progressive gospel mindset he has . And fast too .
Cause as i said when they speak , all of a sudden you see they got zero tolerance for those who speak truth .
YET plenty of tolerance for those who live in and support sin . ITS all coming out my friend .
ITs all coming out . Let JIM be . I only respond to him when i am led too .
He is running out of steam and gas . Folks are seeing him for what this love he preaches REALLY IS ALL ABOUT .
The love that tolerates and accepts darkness but hates and exposes the truth and those who bring it .
KEEP praying for him . for rita and for others . But always expose the works of false doctrine . the attacks
oh well , I will rejoice when attacked . But the doctrine , IF HE SHOULD bring some , i will test and if it be false
will correct it . Which often it is false .
But it can drain anyone emotionally and spiritually-after all- we are still in the body and words HURT!
When he is hurting you-he is hurting ME
Shalom friend.
Johann.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said-many have a mere form of godliness-denying the power-the gospel.

I notice @Jim B is still "hounding" and @Ritajanice "liking" his outbursts.

For me it is simple brother-don't tell me of how much you love the Lord Jesus-SHOW me HOW you put what you love in practice-the acid test of a true Christian.

I come from a ministry where God's words were put into daily practice-going to Church on a Sunday-bypassing the poor and the needy-is not what I would call a "Church"-it is an appeasing of a guilty conscience.

Speaking from experience brother.
Johann.
I also come from a ministry where God's words were put into daily practice.

There is no such "acid test" as you describe. Nobody is justified by works.

Speaking from knowledge brother.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only respond to jim when i am led too . More and more people are seeing HIS SO CALLED LOVE for themselves .
Even folks that did not agree with me are now seeing his ways and his continual attacks . OH i mean his love .
More and more people are seeing my (actually God's) LOVE for themselves. I have been blessed by God and have been given the full measure of the Holy Spirit.

• Love

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They see jim wont bring doctrine but rather accusations like i cant read , cant write , am a drunk .
The lambs are seeing jim for what he is . I do pray for him and will continue to do so .
But that man needs to repent of that social progressive gospel mindset he has . And fast too .
Cause as i said when they speak , all of a sudden you see they got zero tolerance for those who speak truth .
YET plenty of tolerance for those who live in and support sin . ITS all coming out my friend .
ITs all coming out . Let JIM be . I only respond to him when i am led too .
Folks are seeing him for what this love he preaches REALLY IS ALL ABOUT .
He is running out of steam and gas .
The love that tolerates and accepts darkness but hates and exposes the truth and those who bring it .
KEEP praying for him . for rita and for others . But always expose the works of false doctrine . the attacks
oh well , I will rejoice when attacked . But the doctrine , IF HE SHOULD bring some , i will test and if it be false
will correct it . Which often it is false .
You have zero tolerance for those who speak truth.

Are you actually a parrot? Because all you do is repeat "social progressive gospel". I have asked you numerous times to define that term, but you won't (or can't). It's nothing but a meaningless right-wing political slogan.

"Folks are seeing him for what this love he preaches REALLY IS ALL ABOUT ." GREAT! Thanks for the unexpected encouragement!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I also come from a ministry where God's words were put into daily practice.

There is no such "acid test" as you describe. Nobody is justified by works.

Speaking from knowledge brother.
Scripture says otherwise-proving you are in error

“You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone” (James 2:24).

ορατε τοινυν οτι εξ εργων δικαιουται ανθρωπος και ουκ εκ πιστεως μονον

Transliteration: dikaioutai
Morphology: V-PIM/P-3S
Verb - Present Indicative Middle or Passive - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's no.: G1344 (δικαιόω)
Meaning: To make righteous, defend the cause of, plead for the righteousness (innocence) of, acquit, justify; hence: to regard as righteous.

Is justified (dikaioutai). Present passive indicative of dikaioō, here not “is made righteous,” but “is shown to be righteous.”

James is discussing the proof of faith, not the initial act of being set right with God (Paul’s idea in Rom_4:1-10).

And not only by faith (kai ouk ek pisteōs monon). This phrase clears up the meaning of James. Faith (live faith) is what we must all have (Jas_2:18), only it must shew itself also in deeds as Abraham’s did.

Jas 2:20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar?
Jas 2:22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;
Jas 2:23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.
Jas 2:24
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
Jas 2:25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?

Jas 2:26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

-the "acid test" and @Jim B -don't redefine Scriptures-you walk with your eyes wide open into this-denying what stands written.
Johann

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
More and more people are seeing my (actually God's) LOVE for themselves. I have been blessed by God and have been given the full measure of the Holy Spirit.
I see zero love from you to a brother @amigo de christo therefore I can only conclude you know SOME Scripture in a mere mechanical, stoical kind of gnosis-knowledge such as demons have.

A parrot can quote Scripture-but he is only a parrot.
J.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I see this is turning into a them verses us type of thread - Perhaps it’s proved that the OP is not obtainable !!!
Discuss the subject instead of making personal remarks to one another.You know I work with a whole range of diverse people with different beliefs ect and we can express ourselves and be civil . It doesn’t mean I have to compromise what I believe or not covey my views -it just means it doesn’t turn into a slanging match.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see zero love from you to a brother @amigo de christo therefore I can only conclude you know SOME Scripture in a mere mechanical, stoical kind of gnosis-knowledge such as demons have.

A parrot can quote Scripture-but he is only a parrot.
J.
That is simply your opinion and IMHO it is totally wrong. Of course you can write whatever you want but believe me, I'm certain that I thoroughly understand Scripture. And by your comparing me to a demon: it takes one to know one.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That is simply your opinion and IMHO it is totally wrong. Of course you can write whatever you want but believe me, I'm certain that I thoroughly understand Scripture. And by your comparing me to a demon: it takes one to know one.
On ignore you go brother-not here to waste my time with a play-actor.
J.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is doing it all the time through men of this world jim .
Satan can quoate ANY and all the scriptures . The love many today are being taught as love
Aint coming from GOD . Satan has convinced the world and its religoins that its time to unite as one to worship the beast .
Same SON that GOD SENT into the world , CORRECTED JIM .
you dont even know what condmen means .
IT aint condemning to correct those in error jim . Was paul
condmening when he had folks PUT of the church . WHEN he warned them what he was going to do if they did not repent .
Exactly jim . You think its condemning one to say homosexuality is a sin .
And before you say you dont , HOW come you always hammer me even if i make mention of it .
Jim you have bought into the social justice all inclusive progressive led religion .
As for me , keep on following me around , cause i know you will .
But dont expect me to stop correcting any and all sins within the church . ITs not gonna happen .
Nor will i allow people to believe other relgions serve GOD . none of that stuff .
ITS JESUS CHRIST or its all VAIN . I wonder how long
it will be before they say we need to stop even doing that , cause its judging and condeming all others who dont beleive .
OH wait , some already are doing that . Your progressive social gospel is leading only farther and farther into darkness .
I will pray for you .
Brother is spotted.

• Love

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm certain that I thoroughly understand Scripture
You do?

1Co 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

1Co 8:2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

That he knoweth anything (ἐγνωκέναι τι)
Or, literally, has come to know. See on Joh_2:24; see on Joh_3:10; see on Joh_17:3. Showing in what sense knowledge was used in the previous clause: fancied knowledge; knowledge of divine things without love.
MV

1Co 8:3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

Joh 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Joh 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Joh 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

J.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the reasons that I understand Scripture is that I don't rely on a Bible written in archaic Englyshe and where the text is chopped up into isolated verses. Here is a much better, in context translation of 1 Corinthians 8:1-3, "Now concerning food sacrificed to idols: we know that “all of us possess knowledge.” Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. Anyone who claims to know something does not yet have the necessary knowledge, but anyone who loves God is known by him."

Notice a) that the text is addressing food sacrificed to idols, b) that Paul, addressing this subject, is dealing with the pride of those who believe that because they understand this particular problem they have advanced knowledge.

Obviously, this has nothing to do with my understanding of Scripture as a whole. Nice eisegesis though!

P.S. Do you have multiple personalities? If not, why do you write "we're all quite certain"?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the reasons that I understand Scripture is that I don't rely on a Bible written in archaic Englyshe and where the text is chopped up into isolated verses. Here is a much better, in context translation of 1 Corinthians 8:1-3, "Now concerning food sacrificed to idols: we know that “all of us possess knowledge.” Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. Anyone who claims to know something does not yet have the necessary knowledge, but anyone who loves God is known by him."

Notice a) that the text is addressing food sacrificed to idols, b) that Paul, addressing this subject, is dealing with the pride of those who believe that because they understand this particular problem they have advanced knowledge.

Obviously, this has nothing to do with my understanding of Scripture as a whole. Nice eisegesis though!

P.S. Do you have multiple personalities? If not, why do you write "we're all quite certain"?
Eisegesis is what folks very often do to portray a passage of Scripture as being inapplicable to themselves and their situation.

The remark you referred to as exhibiting MPD (that isn't a personal attack, is it, Jim?) is an expression I used to render kindness to you. It's nicer than saying that you're making a nasty spectacle of yourself. Or that you can't spell correctly, or you're nuts, a liar, an anti-semite, or any of the other awful ravings I've witnessed recently.

Always a pleasure, Jim.

(There's another one—a kind expression :wink: )

Reddsta

Jul 5, 2023
SC Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the same way we have learned to understand and respect cultural diversity,
we should learn to understand and respect doctrinal diversity.
Is that what the Lord had in mind St. SteVen?

Paul said this,

"And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love." (Eph 4:11-16 NASB)

Whoever believes this is the standard set for the Body of Christ and lives accordingly will experience the fruit therein.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what the Lord had in mind St. SteVen?

Paul said this,

"And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love." (Eph 4:11-16 NASB)

Whoever believes this is the standard set for the Body of Christ and lives accordingly will experience the fruit therein.
That's a good question: "What does the Lord had in mind?"

I don't believe that the unity of the faith is doctrinal unity.
Would you surrender, or compromise, your own doctrinal position for the cause of doctrinal unity?
Who's standard would we all yield to?

And don't say, "The Bible.", because there is no consensus on what it all means.
Why don't you think we can find unity in diversity?