Embracing Doctrinal Diversity - Unity in diversity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to posit that God created endless diversity among people in order that we can learn to love people that aren't like us, people that don't look like us or think like us. It's easy to love someone who looks and thinks just like you but, can we love someone that looks and thinks differently? That's what we must do. I believe it's a part of our refinement process. :)

Mark 9:49
For everyone will be salted with fire.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like every doctrinal difference is perfectly clear to its adherents? You have to read into it something that is not written explicitly.

So many people say they believe the Bible, but they don't even know what it says - and what it doesn't say.
People who want to sin will always find a way to confuse what is perfectly clear.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, thanks. That helps.
Are you familiar with the related issues?

Same sex attraction, gender dysphoria, transgender, etc.
Even the range of hormonal distribution in both men and women.
Women with high levels of testosterone and men with high levels of estrogen.
Masculine behaviors in women and feminine mannerisms in men.

Where do you draw the line?
Same sex attraction? Where does the Bible condone sex before marriage?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read Romans on homosexuality-no one who practice this abominable style of life will inherit the Basileia of God.
Seems you want to redefine Scriptures to suit our Western cultures.
Johann.
The people that Paul wrote about were idolaters who denied the existence of God. They were "God haters"! And in the list of sins, why do you overlook murder?

John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life."

I don't see homosexuals excluded here. Do you?

Seems you want to redefine Scriptures to suit your bigotry.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The people that Paul wrote about were idolaters who denied the existence of God. They were "God haters"! And in the list of sins, why do you overlook murder?

John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life."

I don't see homosexuals excluded here. Do you?
Another Universalist-people today deny the very existence of God-and I overlook nothing-don't "tail" me like you do with @amigo de christo
J.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another Universalist-people today deny the very existence of God-and I overlook nothing-don't "tail" me like you do with @amigo de christo
J.
To the trenches my friend the inclusive universalists have gained the ground in lots of places .
As many now chant we are one , we are one and now unite with all religions and see them all as valid paths to GOD .
Just love they say . YET i wish folks would have examined this love against the LOVE OF GOD .
This love accepts all paths , other gods , homosexuality , and other sins too .
Its all about be as thou wish , do as thou wilt , and DONT JUDGE . just LOVE they say .
Well that is not LOVE , NOR COMING FROM GOD .
I tried to tell jim that satan can quoate scriptures . HE can . But he will twist it .
Satan can say GOD IS LOVE , but beware him for his love will violate the truth of GOD .
GOD IS LOVE , HIS LOVE CORRECTS , satans love wont correct sin and errors IT ACCEPTS THEM as GOOD .
And that is HOW YE GONNA KNOW . Any love that denies truth , rejoices in inquity , IT AINT LOVE
IT AINT CHARITY and IT AINT OF GOD . JESUS CHRIST alone saves and TO HE ALONE SHALL this lamb point .
No other path cometh of GOD .
But satans love sayeth , THE LOVE OF GOD IS BROAD , It has many ways and many paths to GOD .
HE IS A LIAR and the FATHER OF LIES . JESUS ALONE is the only way to THE FATHER . YE MUST BELIEVE .
That is exactly who i shall point too .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the trenches my friend the inclusive universalists have gained the ground in lots of places .
As many now chant we are one , we are one and now unite with all religions and see them all as valid paths to GOD .
Just love they say . YET i wish folks would have examined this love against the LOVE OF GOD .
Its all about be as thou wish , do as thou wilt , and DONT JUDGE . just LOVE they say .
I tried to tell jim that satan can quoate scriptures . HE can . But he will twist it .
Satan can say GOD IS LOVE , but beware him for his love will violate the truth of GOD .
GOD IS LOVE , HIS LOVE CORRECTS , satans love wont correct sin and errors IT ACCEPTS THEM as GOOD .
And that is HOW YE GONNA KNOW . Any love that denies truth , rejoices in inquity , IT AINT LOVE
IT AINT CHARITY and IT AINT OF GOD . JESUS CHRIST alone saves and TO HE ALONE SHALL this lamb point .
But satans love sayeth , THE LOVE OF GOD IS BROAD , It has many ways and many paths to GOD .
HE IS A LIAR and the FATHER OF LIES . JESUS ALONE is the only way to THE FATHER . YE MUST BELIEVE .
"I tried to tell jim that satan can quoate scriptures ." "quoate"? Ain't no such word!

"Satan can say GOD IS LOVE"? Maybe he can, but he never has. Show me where Satan said "God is love"!

"GOD IS LOVE , HIS LOVE CORRECTS" John 3:17, “Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world but in order that the world might be saved through him." You do just the opposite!

In summary... :jest:

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I tried to tell jim that satan can quoate scriptures ." "quoate"? Ain't no such word!

"Satan can say GOD IS LOVE"? Maybe he can, but he never has. Show me where Satan said "God is love"!

"GOD IS LOVE , HIS LOVE CORRECTS" John 3:17, “Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world but in order that the world might be saved through him." You do just the opposite!

In summary... :jest:
He is doing it all the time through men of this world jim .
Satan can quoate ANY and all the scriptures . The love many today are being taught as love
Aint coming from GOD . Satan has convinced the world and its religoins that its time to unite as one to worship the beast .
Same SON that GOD SENT into the world , CORRECTED JIM .
you dont even know what condmen means .
IT aint condemning to correct those in error jim . Was paul
condmening when he had folks PUT of the church . WHEN he warned them what he was going to do if they did not repent .
Exactly jim . You think its condemning one to say homosexuality is a sin .
And before you say you dont , HOW come you always hammer me even if i make mention of it .
Jim you have bought into the social justice all inclusive progressive led religion .
As for me , keep on following me around , cause i know you will .
But dont expect me to stop correcting any and all sins within the church . ITs not gonna happen .
Nor will i allow people to believe other relgions serve GOD . none of that stuff .
ITS JESUS CHRIST or its all VAIN . I wonder how long
it will be before they say we need to stop even doing that , cause its judging and condeming all others who dont beleive .
OH wait , some already are doing that . Your progressive social gospel is leading only farther and farther into darkness .
I will pray for you .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not fair.
That is NOT what Christian Universalists believe.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the same way we have learned to understand and respect cultural diversity,
we should learn to understand and respect doctrinal diversity.

Can Catholics and Protestants respect one another despite our doctrinal differences? (yes)
What about Baptists and Pentecostals? (yes) You name it. How far apart can we get?

Build bridges, not walls.

Diversity is in fact what is supposed to be, just as Paul described:

For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.
15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?
20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. 28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way." 1 Corinthians 12:12-31​

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is doing it all the time through men of this world jim .
Satan can quoate ANY and all the scriptures . The love many today are being taught as love
Aint coming from GOD . Satan has convinced the world and its religoins that its time to unite as one to worship the beast .
Same SON that GOD SENT into the world , CORRECTED JIM .
you dont even know what condmen means .
IT aint condemning to correct those in error jim . Was paul
condmening when he had folks PUT of the church . WHEN he warned them what he was going to do if they did not repent .
Exactly jim . You think its condemning one to say homosexuality is a sin .
And before you say you dont , HOW come you always hammer me even if i make mention of it .
Jim you have bought into the social justice all inclusive progressive led religion .
As for me , keep on following me around , cause i know you will .
But dont expect me to stop correcting any and all sins within the church . ITs not gonna happen .
Nor will i allow people to believe other relgions serve GOD . none of that stuff .
ITS JESUS CHRIST or its all VAIN . I wonder how long
it will be before they say we need to stop even doing that , cause its judging and condeming all others who dont beleive .
OH wait , some already are doing that . Your progressive social gospel is leading only farther and farther into darkness .
I will pray for you .
Same old, same old...

It's getting really BORING. You can keep writing the same error-filled nonsense over and over and over...

But you're wrong! You masquerade your intolerance and judgement of everyone but yourself but you're not fooling anyone.

If the apostles preached what you preach, there would be no Christians

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Many forget these words-

Gal 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—
Gal 1:7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

@amigo de christo this is an online Internet Forum and NOT a Church where we can have fellowship with other believers in real time.
Stay strong in Christ Jesus
Johann.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo