End time predictions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I was about 10 at the time. I was standing in the street in front of my house, summer time. I got hit by a strong gust of wind
( the Holy Spirit comes like a mighty rushing wind ) that come from behind me and from above me. When it hit me I ducked because it startled me. I saw that the wind did not blow up any dust on the street. so I turned around to see where the wind came from. that is to say that is what I tried to do. but I was stuck crouched over, I tried to stand up and turn around but I could not move. Then I heard a voice say ( You will be alive when Jesus returns ) Then I felt like some one took a heavy weight off of my shoulders. Then I stood up and felt as lite as a feather. Then I was filled ( like over stuffed ) with joy peace and happiness. There are no words to describe the feeling. Then that faded a way and then my hole body tingled, like when your hand or foot fall asleep.
Not some thing I just dreamed up. Like I said I could tell many story's about how I could have and should have died, But God will keep His word. .

Thank you for sharing that Pompadour. It must have affected nigh every day of your life through this point.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was about 10 at the time. I was standing in the street in front of my house, summer time. I got hit by a strong gust of wind
( the Holy Spirit comes like a mighty rushing wind ) that come from behind me and from above me. When it hit me I ducked because it startled me. I saw that the wind did not blow up any dust on the street. so I turned around to see where the wind came from. that is to say that is what I tried to do. but I was stuck crouched over, I tried to stand up and turn around but I could not move. Then I heard a voice say ( You will be alive when Jesus returns ) Then I felt like some one took a heavy weight off of my shoulders. Then I stood up and felt as lite as a feather. Then I was filled ( like over stuffed ) with joy peace and happiness. There are no words to describe the feeling. Then that faded a way and then my hole body tingled, like when your hand or foot fall asleep.
Not some thing I just dreamed up. Like I said I could tell many story's about how I could have and should have died, But God will keep His word. .

Thank you for being brave enough to share you experience. ( one has to be brave on these kind of Sites I think...people often challenge "experiences".)
I really , really hope that it happens soon.
I also am 75 and not planning to live more than (hopefully) 12 more years... my health is not good at all.
So I hope it happens before then and you don't live to be 100!! :D
If not then I will be cheering everyone on from the balcony.
Every blessing....H

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When you say the Holy Spirit comes like a rushing wind I'm assuming you are referring to this scripture.

(Acts 2:1-4) "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. {2} And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. {3} And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. {4} And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

So is this saying that the holy ghost literally rushed in like a burst of wind or is this a parable, or like me saying that news of a death in the family hit me like a ton of bricks? When the spirit of God descended upon Jesus, was it a literal dove or is it simply a parable meaning it descended LIKE a Dove?

(Matthew 3:16-17) "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: {17} And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

Are you really sure the strong gust of wind you felt was the holy spirit? I highly doubt it. This looks like another case of someone taking scripture literally where it shouldn't.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you really sure the strong gust of wind you felt was the holy spirit? I highly doubt it. This looks like another case of someone taking scripture literally where it shouldn't.

What kind of wind can hit you and make you unable to move. and startle enough to make you duck. but did not kick up any dust on the street. Only a spiritual wind, from the spirit world. and at age 10, I didn't know about the Holy Spirit.
When the Disciples were in the upper room with the doors and windows closed the Holy Spirit came like a mighty rushing wind. What I reported is 100% true.................. You can be-leave or not that is between you and God.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of wind can hit you and make you unable to move. and startle enough to make you duck. but did not kick up any dust on the street. Only a spiritual wind, from the spirit world. and at age 10, I didn't know about the Holy Spirit.
When the Disciples were in the upper room with the doors and windows closed the Holy Spirit came like a mighty rushing wind. What I reported is 100% true.................. You can be-leave or not that is between you and God.

What kind of wind? Well have you ever had an F-18 fighter jet fly directly over your head? Talk about a mighty wind, and yet it never kicked up any dust. A "spiritual wind" as you call it is not the only kind of wind capable of being strong enough to make you duck for cover in my experience.

Last edited:

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing that Pompadour. It must have affected nigh every day of your life through this point.
Thank you for you faith in beveling my report. May God bless you.
Yes it has affected me all of my life. this happened 65 yrs ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. I have had God intervene in my life many times over the yrs.

Thank you for being brave enough to share you experience. ( one has to be brave on these kind of Sites I think...people often challenge "experiences".)
I really , really hope that it happens soon.
I also am 75 and not planning to live more than (hopefully) 12 more years... my health is not good at all.
So I hope it happens before then and you don't live to be 100!! :D
If not then I will be cheering everyone on from the balcony.
Every blessing....H
When it comes to this subject I'm fearless. truth has no fear.
I'm not a Prophet. but I if you last 12 more yrs you to may see Jesus return also. I have had people tell me they hope I live to be a 1000. I don't think it will more then a few more yrs. God bless.

Reactions: Helen

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of wind? Well have you ever had an F-18 fighter jet fly directly over your head? Talk about a mighty wind, and yet it never kicked up any dust. A "spiritual wind" as you call it is not the only kind of wind capable of being strong enough to make you duck for cover in my experience.

I never had a F-18 fly over my head but I did have a F100 fly about 6ft over my head when I was standing on top of a Fire truck. there was no noise until it pasted. then a lot of noise and WIND it made the 21 ton Fire truck rock side to side.
The wind made me duck and also froze me so I could not turn or stand up. what kind of wind can do that?

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never had a F-18 fly over my head but I did have a F100 fly about 6ft over my head when I was standing on top of a Fire truck. there was no noise until it pasted. then a lit of noise and WIND it made the 21 ton Fire truck rock side to side.
The wind made me duck and also froze me so I could not turn or stand up. what kind of wind can do that?

Well, the "spiritual wind" can if I am to believe your experience was the holy ghost.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the "spiritual wind" can if I am to believe your experience was the holy ghost.

Bingo. It is not just this experience, I could tell of many experiences I have had through out my life that are almost as profound as this one. Where God intervened in my life to keep alive and usually unhurt. God bless.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He gave his testimony upon request. If you don't believe him, let it go.

l

Oh don't worry, I won't..............just yet atleast.

Bingo. It is not just this experience, I could tell of many experiences I have had through out my life that are almost as profound as this one. Where God intervened in my life to keep alive and usually unhurt. God bless.

Ok, so you believe Jesus returns in a few years. How many years is that exactly? Think its ten, fifteen?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so you believe Jesus returns in a few years. How many years is that exactly? Think its ten, fifteen?

I don't believe he gave a specific date or year. He could live to be 120 years old. You don't know.

p

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe he gave a specific date or year. He could live to be 120 years old. You don't know.

p

Well, this is only a couple of decades away. I can go with that time line honestly. You see, I give the arrival of Apollyon no more than another thirty years. That should be plenty of time for the four beast kingdoms to rise, for the cashless society grid to occur, and for the numerous catastrophic events to happen in Revelation.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Like I told( By Grace.) I'm not a Prophet. I was told I will be alive when Jesus returns. Nothing more.
But based on end time prophesy. Math 24 Mark 13 luk 21. My GUESS. with in about 10 yrs. Many of the end time players are forming up now. Israel will be 70 yrs next may and I think it will be a Jubilee yr also. good time of some thing to happen.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I told( By Grace.) I'm not a Prophet. I was told I will be alive when Jesus returns. Nothing more.
But based on end time prophesy. Math 24 Mark 13 luk 21. My GUESS. with in about 10 yrs. Many of the end time players are forming up now. Israel will be 70 yrs next may and I think it will be a Jubilee yr also. good time of some thing to happen.

I think you'll be a lot older than 85 by the time Jesus returns by my estimates. Too much still hasn't occurred yet for it to be that early. Maybe around 120 years old like Job suggests?

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I assume you had a Vision; but have you ever considered that you should not have told anyone about it?
Are Christians commanded to explain their Visions and dreams?
It is really a Prophesy (because you are essentially setting a date for His return), and if it does not come to pass, what effect does it have on Christians and non-Christians?
Christians are not edified (maybe just you are edified), and non-Christians mock and continue in their un-belief.

Reactions: Job

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assume you had a Vision; but have you ever considered that you should not have told anyone about it?
Are Christians commanded to explain their Visions and dreams?
It is really a Prophesy (because you are essentially setting a date for His return), and if it does not come to pass, what effect does it have on Christians and non-Christians?
Christians are not edified (maybe just you are edified), and non-Christians mock and continue in their un-belief.

I'm not one of those Christians that's too concerned about Christ's return. I'm more concerned about strengthening my faith in him to have the full armor of God to get me through this challenge of living in this world, the Great Tribulation being the ultimate test of it. I don't understand people who prattle on and on.......and on and on about Christ's return as if its something truly imminent. The only thing coming I see as "imminent" at all is the world getting flushed further down the toilet over the next few decades.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you'll be a lot older than 85 by the time Jesus returns by my estimates. Too much still hasn't occurred yet for it to be that early. Maybe around 120 years old like Job suggests?

Living to be 85 or 120yrs old I don't know. just know I will be here.
Some thing for you to ponder is the statement Jesus made in Mat 24 mark 13 and luk 21 about the end time. ( But for the elect sake those days have been shortened ) Past tense. The decision has been made back then.
Then in Rev. I think it's 9 or 12 It talks about 5 months and the season of the Locust. May through Sep. ( also 5 months )
Daniels 7 yr trib. may have been changed to 5 months. Things could go down very quickly.

Reactions: Heart2Soul