End Time views

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(kriss;43274)
If you are refering to 1000 year being literal this was somewhat mis understood but remember Daniel was told to seal up the book these things were not met to be understood until the End times Knowledge had to increase Notice it doesnt just say millieum it also say 1000 years Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." We saw that those who took part in the first resurrection were those who died in the Lord, and those who did not yield to Satan, the Antichrist during his "one world" reign. Those who did not take the Antichrist's "mark of the beast", these are the blessed and holy ones. All of these people already will possess an immortal soul during the Millennium.The "second death" is the second time of testing at the end of the Millennium age after Satan is released for a short season. The saints of Christ, and overcomers of the Antichrist's reign in this earth age of the flesh will not go through the second testing, or resurrection, with those mortal souls living in the Millennium age.Revelation 20:7 "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison." When everyone has been taught that are in their mortal (liable to die) soul bodies, then Satan will be loosed. Those teachings were given under perfect conditions, and all will have bodies with no ailments, perfect thought, and no temptations by Satan. In fact, all will even know he was the deceiver of this earth age. Their understanding will be perfect.Then Satan is released. for a short time to test those who are taught in the milliuem then comes the white throne judgement
Curious, are you Post-Mil?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Thanks, Elf, for those diagrams showing the different positions. That makes it simple to understand the differing viewpoints. I won't make the differing viewpoints a "salvation issue" and I won't think differently of another because they take a different viewpoint than me. Although some will, I'm sure, because everyone thinks they are right.I'm one of the few "British-Israelites" that takes (and likes) the Jayne Mansfield position. I'm a fan of hers since she is buried near me. And Jayne liked the color PINK! There's your answer.

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
I do not believe the 1,000 years spoke of in Revelation 20 is literal.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Because thats What the Word says I follow no doctrine of men one way or the other some of their doctines are right some are wrong I study God and thats what he says

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well each to their own God says it is so Im going with him as long as you dont believe that pre rapture garbage You can be A-mill. A-mill post mill isnt a matter of salvation guess well find out
smile.gif

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(tim_from_pa;43276)
Thanks, Elf, for those diagrams showing the different positions. That makes it simple to understand the differing viewpoints.
You are welcome, glad I could help.
I won't make the differing viewpoints a "salvation issue" and I won't think differently of another because they take a different viewpoint than me. Although some will, I'm sure, because everyone thinks they are right.
I agree, same here.
I'm one of the few "British-Israelites" that takes (and likes) the Jayne Mansfield position. I'm a fan of hers since she is buried near me. And Jayne liked the color PINK! There's your answer.
Not sure I understand.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Well, Elf, your chart showing the different positions is color coded (unless my computer shows a different color). I chose Jayne's favorite color in other words. I believe that's what God's Word teaches.
biggrin.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(tim_from_pa;43283)
Well, Elf, your chart showing the different positions is color coded (unless my computer shows a different color). I chose Jayne's favorite color in other words. I believe that's what God's Word teaches.
biggrin.gif

Tim what are smoking/drinkin the chart has no color that I see:)

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(tim_from_pa;43283)
biggrin.gif

Lol, ok. But I don't see any colors either.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Elf;43286)
Check this site out, interesting. http://www.fivesolas.com/esc_chrt.htm#chart2
I liked your charts better. Anyone else see colors? Well, maybe its best that you do not. So my position remains obscure, I guess. But each of your positions shows up on my computer as a shaded background as blue, yellow, green and pink (not in that order).
biggrin.gif
Heck, I'm using windows XP Pro. Maybe this version works well and everyone else's does not. And even at that, I am going Linux soon. Tired of Microsoft. I blame their shenanigans for different computer behaviors (such as some people not seeing the colors I am referring to).

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Elf;43286)
Check this site out, interesting. http://www.fivesolas.com/esc_chrt.htm#chart2
Interesting Im still post mill but I find it interesting :a. Amillennialism has always been the majority position of the Christian family. It was first articulated by St. Augustine,I learned some interesting stuff about St. Augustine and his twisting of scriptures for polical reasons I dont know that A. Milliuemum was one of them I never heard that it was but and interesting fellow

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(tim_from_pa;43289)
I liked your charts better. Anyone else see colors? Well, maybe its best that you do not. So my position remains obscure, I guess. But each of your positions shows up on my computer as a shaded background as blue, yellow, green and pink (not in that order).
biggrin.gif
Heck, I'm using windows XP Pro. Maybe this version works well and everyone else's does not. And even at that, I am going Linux soon. Tired of Microsoft. I blame their shenanigans for different computer behaviors (such as some people not seeing the colors I am referring to).
ok, good enough. But I would guess, Pre-Mil.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
TimI think you are wearing rose colored glasses:) I luv anyway even if we dont agreebut you gotta get some new glasses

Literalist-Luke

Mar 18, 2008
(Elf;43238)
This is not a vote as to what view is true, It is just a post to discuss different views. If someone does not agree with me or you on these views, it does not mean they are wrong. These views, no matter which we believe whether right or wrong is not a salvational issue. Hopefully we can all learn from each other and have the freedom to share our individual beliefs,God Bless
I was not commenting on whether or not people agree with me. If somebody wishes to be wrong, that is certainly their right.
heh.gif
(Just kidding, calm down everybody..
biggrin1.gif
)Seriously though, Kriss and I were expressing dismay not at people's choices, but at how they are arriving at those choices.(kriss;43022)
one picks a number because its not likley,one picks one because they been taught by men, one hasnt ever read, one picks a number because they hope
Kriss was saying (and I agree) that it's sad that people won't pick up their own Bibles and make up their own mind! They have to be told what to believe, or they just pick whatever sounds easiest. That is very sad to me.

Literalist-Luke

Mar 18, 2008
(Elf;43247)
I am not saying this is the correct view, Just to me, I believe it is.
How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(Literalist-Luke;43293)
I was not commenting on whether or not people agree with me. If somebody wishes to be wrong, that is certainly their right.
heh.gif
(Just kidding, calm down everybody..
biggrin1.gif
)Seriously though, Kriss and I were expressing dismay not at people's choices, but at how they are arriving at those choices.Kriss was saying (and I agree) that it's sad that people won't pick up their own Bibles and make up their own mind! They have to be told what to believe, or they just pick whatever sounds easiest. That is very sad to me.
I agree with you both then. God Bless.

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(Literalist-Luke;43294)
Two reasons, Because of my previous posts. and you said maby it is better I cant see it. And your name? "Literalist". But it is not an issue about salvation. I just find it very interesting and respect everyone's views.

Literalist-Luke

Mar 18, 2008
(Elf;43253)
Concerning the "1,000 years" Some say it is literally 1,000 years, some say it is not literally 1,000 years. I believe it is not literally 1,000 years. Here is why I believe this way.Revelation 20:1-6, is the only passage in the bible which speaks explicitly of a thousand-year reign. ---Note first that the passage obviously divides itself into two parts: verses 1-3, which describes the binding of satan; verses 4-6, which describe the thousand-year reign of certain individuals with Christ. The book of Revelation is full of symbolic numbers. It would seem rather likely, therefore, that the number "1,000" which is used in this passage ought not to be interpreted in a strictly literal sense. Since the number "ten" signifies completeness, and since a "thousand" is ten to the third power, we may think of the expression "a thousand years" as standing for a complete period, a very long period of indeterminate length. In agreement to this in the light of verses 7-15 of Ch. 20. which describe satans "little season" the final battle, and final judgment, we may include that this thousand-year period extends from Christ's first coming to just before His second coming.Fore 20 years I was a Pre-mill, but since I actually have studied into these major Millennial views I have changed my stand.
The problem with this view is that it opens the entire Bible up to allegorical intepretation and we are reduced to a random guessing game as to what anything in the entire Bible really means. You are absolutley correct that there are thouands of symbols, parables, etc. throughout the Bible and they are not to be taken "literally", such as the dragon standing on the shore of the sea at the transition between Revelation 12-13. The key, however, to all those allegorical passages is that, somewhere in the Bible, often in the same passage but not always, there will be an explanation provided. And that explanation is indeed to be taken absolutely literally. If the Bible does not provide an explanation for what something means, then how are we to objectively determine what it means? We're reduced to a meaningless random guessing game. And if the allegorical approach is valid for Revelation, then why not for the entire Bible? You say "well, the rest of the Bible isn't as heavily 'symbolic' as Revelation." Really? Have you read Ezekiel, Matthew 24, Zechariah 12-14 or Jude lately? Why should those not be interpreted allegorically if it's OK with Revelation?

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(Literalist-Luke;43294)
(Elf;43296)
Two reasons, Because of my previous posts. and you said maby it is better I cant see it. And your name? "Literalist". But it is not an issue about salvation. I just find it very interesting and respect everyone's views.
Oops, sorry I misunderstood your question, I thought you meant your view. How did I arrive at my view? Through bible study, comparing a lot with scripture. I also have some friends who are Pre-Mils, they insist I am wrong (I do not tell them they are wrong) and give me many verses to prove their theory. When I checked them with scripture, they fell short. The only two views that make sense to me are Amil and Post-Mil, but, I lean towards Amil. Guess I can say, 80% Amil and 20% Post-Mil. This is a study that will take many years I am sure, perhaps longer than I have on this earth, but I enjoy it. As far as the "Rapture" goes, (no offense to anyone) I don't see it as biblical at all.