End Time views

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
What is everyone's view, what position do you hold?
Millennial_views.gif

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
I haven't looked into it...I like to just be ready for Jesus like a thief in the night.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There is only one that I see as biblical and cosistant with the Word rather than men and thats #1

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Ive always have been taught Amilleniesm. Even though I have never really looked it up in depth. So I'll pick #4, so I can really learn it. Someone throw me a really good argument against it

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Amazing one picks a number because its not likley,one picks one because they been taught by men, one hasnt ever read, one picks a number because they hope does anyone care what God says about it?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
a millieum is 1000 years In case anyone wants to hear what God says about allow meRev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Literalist-Luke

Mar 18, 2008
(kriss;43022)
Amazing one picks a number because its not likley,one picks one because they been taught by men, one hasnt ever read, one picks a number because they hope does anyone care what God says about it?
Thank you! I was just sitting here shaking my head thinking the same thing. Here's the deal folks: God is not going to take a poll of the world's believers and structure the "end of the world" based on whatever the majority opinion is. It's going to happen the way it's going to happen and our belief, correct or not, is not going to change it. So do we want to know what GOD'S plan is or not???And by the way, the Bible teaches Dispensational POST-Tribulational Pre-Millenialism. Thank you.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Literalist-Luke;43063)
Thank you! I was just sitting here shaking my head thinking the same thing. Here's the deal folks: God is not going to take a poll of the world's believers and structure the "end of the world" based on whatever the majority opinion is. It's going to happen the way it's going to happen and our belief, correct or not, is not going to change it. So do we want to know what GOD'S plan is or not???And by the way, the Bible teaches Dispensational POST-Tribulational Pre-Millenialism. Thank you.
Well if I am looking at this correctly its the one I chose #2....and since we are on the subject just what is the End of Time?

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(Literalist-Luke;43063)
Thank you! I was just sitting here shaking my head thinking the same thing. Here's the deal folks: God is not going to take a poll of the world's believers and structure the "end of the world" based on whatever the majority opinion is. It's going to happen the way it's going to happen and our belief, correct or not, is not going to change it. So do we want to know what GOD'S plan is or not???.
I agree. Another thing if you notice (Christians are great at this) they want to say a 1000 years does not literaly mean a 1000 years. Then another time they say one day really actually means 1000 years. Go figure , welcome to Christianity , it has always been this way . It started in the early church and much of the New testament tries to address these issues. Was not always successful then , certainly not always successful now.Thankfully , these different opinions do not cause loss of our salvation , only loss of credibility in the eyes of the unsaved , it is there where we do harm . That is the where it can cause a loss of salvation. Shame on us.Gods words are Gods words , he means what he says and says what he means. At times he uses allegory and parables. This is wisdom . A parable is timeless. It spans all cultures and languages. It is used for a purpose.The five words "A wolf in sheep's clothing" is universally understood by all. This is wisdom. This is not complicated. We humans always try to complicate things. Instead of using just 5 words , we want to turn it into 5000. It has always been this way. What we are really wanting to do is show off how many words we know and how proud we are of "our" knowlege. Think about it.

bondsemerson

Mar 22, 2008
I was listening to a Pastor named Barry Smith the other day on SKY and he was saying that Chirst will come back in the middle of the tribulation or 3 and half years..From what he was saying the first 3 and half years wont be has hard as the second half,and that Christ would return in the Middle.I dont think it can be Post tribulation cos as Pastor Barry Smith was saying God saved Noah just before the Floyd and he saved Lot just before the Fire...And acording to the bible the second half of the tribulation gets really bad so you could see why Christ would return for his church in the middle just before it gets really bad...

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(Literalist-Luke;43063)
It's going to happen the way it's going to happen and our belief, correct or not, is not going to change it. So do we want to know what GOD'S plan is or not???And by the way, the Bible teaches Dispensational POST-Tribulational Pre-Millenialism. Thank you.
They say Darby invented rapture teaching in the late 1800'sThey say it is based on "dispensation" teaching They say God told "some woman" about the raptureThey say Darby used this message from "some woman" to base his teachingsThat is what they say.As for me , I havent much to say , but I can read and this is what I see God do so far .......God removed Noah and his family from the wrath to come .Darby did not invent that .God removed a couple of righteous folks from Sodom & Gomorah to keep them from the wrath to come. Darby did not invent that. God will keep his people from the wrath to come before the end time. Darby did not invent that. This is not complicated. Are we to build an Ark? No , we are not in that era or living in that "dispensation in time" We are to be in Christ.Are we to flee Sodom or Gomorah ? No , we are not living there , it was a different time , a different situation a different dispensation. Whenever God sets out to destroy a city , flood the world , destroy a tribe , he always FIRST removes "his people" They are usually few in number.We are in the current era or dispensation or church age or whatever you want to call it. There will be a specific time and event when this era ends . Probably the rapture , or whatever you want to call it when God "keeps" his Church from the wrath to come. The Church period is not the tribulation period , the two are not blended. They are separate events. One day the door will be shut. (Is this the rapture ? Could be) Just as God himself shut the door on Noah's Ark. When the door is shut another era (dispensation) begins. It will not be the great flood , it will be the great tribulation upon the earth. (thee GREAT ONE ) (Singular) It is intended to punish the unsaved world. It is not intended to punish the Church. We are the Church.The wrath to come will be the tribulation , 7 years by most calculations , Not everyday tribulation seen around the world by Christians. The great ONE (Tribulation - singular). We are not appointed for that.If we were appointed to the partake in wrath to come we would not have "the blessed hope" and long for the second coming.Some recent and accurate writings have been assembled that refer to "Rapture" teachings as early as 2-300 AD. When I dig them up I will post them.....end of rant....love to all Many thanks Arnie.

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(bondsemerson;43100)
I was listening to a Pastor named Barry Smith the other day on SKY and he was saying that Chirst will come back in the middle of the tribulation or 3 and half years..From what he was saying the first 3 and half years wont be has hard as the second half,and that Christ would return in the Middle.I dont think it can be Post tribulation cos as Pastor Barry Smith was saying God saved Noah just before the Floyd and he saved Lot just before the Fire...And acording to the bible the second half of the tribulation gets really bad so you could see why Christ would return for his church in the middle just before it gets really bad...
Hi bondsemersonMost likely it will be something to that effect. I am sure we will be under great pressure and distress as "we see the day approach" . We will feel like Noah giving the warning and no one will listen. It will be a distressful time for us . To everyone: This is a deep subject that I do not have the time to address right now. Sufficient to say , that if you are capable , with study , you will find you have a problem populating the millenium kingdom if the "rapture" and the "second coming" , and the "end of the tribulation" all happen at the same instant.Try to study this for yourself , at a later time I hope to cover it properly. Many thanks everybody. These are interesting topics that stretch our thinking.Arnie M.

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
One other quick note to think about . Loosely and in my own words .......Those who , during the tribulation become Christians , and are subsequently killed (beheaded) , will have a special unique situation and will "Rule with Christ" during the millenium. They will also have "special rewards" over and above those of "regular christians".These are a unique group (pardon my choice of words) . What signifies the start of this "unique group" ?? What distingushes them from current Christians.When do we start counting them , now ?? Yesterday ?? Next year ??? think about it. Is there some event to signify the start of this period.If so , what do you think the event will be ?? When does jesus begin "selecting these "special" Christians.Think about that for a minute. Sorry for my poorly worded question. Have to run now.talk laterArnie M.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
A-millenialism in the bible -------------------------------------------------------------------------It was precisely to repudiate chiliasm (belief in an earthly millennium) that the phrase "whose kingdom shall have no end" was added to the Nicene Creed.If you look at Psalm 90 , you will read that a thousand years are as one day with the Lord, or even a night watch (4 hours).St. Peter echoes this in 2 Peter 3:8: A day with the Lord is as 1000 years, and 1000 years as one day. And he says this i n the context of talking about the return of Christ and the last things.Now we get to Revelation, the most symbolic, pictorial, allegorical, and figurative book of the Bible--and after TWO WARNINGS not to understand "1000 years" in earthly terms, suddenly these are to be taken for fallen terrestial time? Furthermore, if you read the Rev 20 carefully, you will see that St. John saw the SOULS of those beheaded for Christ reigning with Him for 1000 years--not their bodies and souls reunited. So clearly, this reign is taking place in heaven (which is not bound by earthly chronometry).

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Whats wrong with #2 it calls for Pre-tribulation Rapture which is Not in the Word of God it is a teaching by men there is no pre-trib rapture there is one second coming and the only time anyone will taken anywhere is at the 7th trump an not before

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Letsgofishing;43118)
A-millenialism in the bible -------------------------------------------------------------------------It was precisely to repudiate chiliasm (belief in an earthly millennium) that the phrase "whose kingdom shall have no end" was added to the Nicene Creed.If you look at Psalm 90 , you will read that a thousand years are as one day with the Lord, or even a night watch (4 hours).St. Peter echoes this in 2 Peter 3:8: A day with the Lord is as 1000 years, and 1000 years as one day. And he says this i n the context of talking about the return of Christ and the last things.Now we get to Revelation, the most symbolic, pictorial, allegorical, and figurative book of the Bible--and after TWO WARNINGS not to understand "1000 years" in earthly terms, suddenly these are to be taken for fallen terrestial time? Furthermore, if you read the Rev 20 carefully, you will see that St. John saw the SOULS of those beheaded for Christ reigning with Him for 1000 years--not their bodies and souls reunited. So clearly, this reign is taking place in heaven (which is not bound by earthly chronometry).
The 1000 years in Rev. is literal LGFits not amillinial If you understand one day with the Lord as 1000 years you will see this In the begining there was no sun no moon no 24 hr day as we know it So these were Gods Days 1000 years each the creation week was 7000 years long on the 7th day God rested We now have almost six thousand years sense Adam Christ will come and there will be a literal 1000 year Milliueum. Where those that are deserving will be taught and then Satan is loosed again for a short time, then he will be destroyed in the lake of fire turned to ashes there will be a new heaven and a new earth And then God will again rest.7000 years from his first rest.