End Times Close ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
W

We will all know when "the end" has come, because our lives will be a living and breathing hell. We won't be on a christian forum talking about it (which will be outlawed along with the Bible), we would be living it.
hey, the end is coming Sept 23rd or whatever, you better believe it. Lots of people are going to die on that day, prolly even millions. point1% of 7 billion is 7 million people. For many others alive today, Sept 24th will be meaningless because they will not even live until then. etc.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We won't be on a christian forum talking about it (which will be outlawed along with the Bible), we would be living it.
i'm doubting this tbh, if the Bible is spiritually removed from believers then no need to outlaw it; and if forums mostly consist of ppl backbiting each other then they serve satan anyway, etc.

Reactions: amadeus

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, that is one perspective. To me the end is where there is none of this stuff going on. Just eternity with a wonderful God. What you are describing is just a short time frame. After that is the millennial reign which is not what you describe and after that is eternity with no presence of evil. That is the end I am looking forward to. All the stuff you mention is just a stepping stone to that.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey, the end is coming Sept 23rd or whatever, you better believe it. Lots of people are going to die on that day, prolly even millions. point1% of 7 billion is 7 million people. For many others alive today, Sept 24th will be meaningless because they will not even live until then. etc.

How did you deduce that?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, which? I don't mean to imply that .1% of the pop dies every day, prolly more like .01% or something i guess

I didn't get that implication. Just wondering how you deduced how that many people die on September 24th.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I didn't get that implication. Just wondering how you deduced how that many people die on September 24th.
ah ya, i searched a little, looks like 150k a day, hmm seems low. The point kind of being that 150,000+ people will die on that day, but it won't be news. And many...what, like x21 that number, many obsessing about a date, or that date, whatever, won't even be affected because they will die before then.

Last edited:

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The World Health Organization says that 156,000 people die every day now. Not sure the relevance of your assertion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm doubting this tbh, if the Bible is spiritually removed from believers then no need to outlaw it; and if forums mostly consist of ppl backbiting each other then they serve satan anyway, etc.
I checked that I "liked" this post of yours, but that is not technically true. I agreed with it, but I did not really like it, if you understand, which I believe that you do.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

It's not backbiting when they talk about you to your face.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would love to see you crack open a Bible and preach in the streets of North Korea then pal. If the word of God has no power in itself. Come back and tell us all about it, if you can get back in one piece.

(Revelation 20:4) "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

:rolleyes: What is the "word of God" bbyrd009? Do you really think you will be able to speak a word of scripture during this time and still have your head on your body?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would love to see you crack open a Bible and preach in the streets of North Korea then pal. If the word of God has no power in itself. Come back and tell us all about it, if you can get back in one piece.

:rolleyes: What is the "word of God" bbyrd009? Do you really think you will be able to speak a word of scripture during this time and still have your head on your body?
I am not bbyrd009, but I do think you are not understanding where he is in God. What is the Word of God? Is it not Jesus? The Bible is good book, but in the hands of an avowed atheist, how much Life does it have in it? None as the body of flesh of Jesus had no Life in a moment after he said, "It is finished". The resurrection made a difference to him as it does to us.

All of Catholic years in my mother's home she had a large Bible open on a table in her living room. No one ever read that Bible or any Bible in that house. Those books were dead books insofar as all of the residents were concerned. For me too!

The words contained in the Bible will come to Life in a person when they are quickened by the Holy Spirit. An unbeliever who reads the Bible and never opens his heart will never have the words he reads quickened within him. So what and where is the Word of God. It is the resurrected Savior. It is that which we consume of his flesh which is quickened within us.

Why would want to see someone speak from the scriptures in North Korea if they were not quickened? To prove that they were missing your point? I should certainly hope not. Jesus, the Word of God, always spoke his Father's Words and yet, who among those who had followed him were there supporting him at the end? Who among those who had heard him cried out, "Give us Barabbas"? Paul followed Christ and survived stoning and went back in a preached to them again. Stephen preached to then and was stoned to death? What was the difference? The difference was perhaps in what God's will for each of them and where He was leading them.

Losing one's head is not necessarily an evil thing if we lose it in order to replace it with Jesus as our Head.

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would want to see someone speak from the scriptures in North Korea if they were not quickened? To prove that they were missing your point

No, to prove that the words written within the book are more than words written on a piece of paper. What difference does it make if said individual was "quickened" or not, or if he is "atheist" or "christian"? Is it going to make a lick of difference to the regime that will have you spend the rest of your life in a gulag? What point are you trying to prove? My point is simple, go and spread the gospel in North Korea, words which you got from that book, and see what happens.

Losing one's head is not necessarily an evil thing if we lose it in order to replace it with Jesus as our Head.

Did I say dying for the testimony of Jesus Christ was evil? I'm looking forward to it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, to prove that the words written within the book are more than words written on a piece of paper. What difference does it make if said individual was "quickened" or not, or if he is "atheist" or "christian"? Is it going to make a lick of difference to the regime that will have you spend the rest of your life in a gulag? What point are you trying to prove? My point is simple, go and spread the gospel in North Korea, words which you got from that book, and see what happens.
Did I say dying for the testimony of Jesus Christ was evil? I'm looking forward to it.
Nothing good is likely to happen if we are not "sent". If we are "sent" and we are obedient, then it would of course be good regardless of any interim or final results to our flesh. It is always good to be prepared and to obey. This is my only point. If we agree on it then we are OK as well in the Lord, are we not?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Can anyone bring me up to date on what signs are happening in the world today regarding bible prophecy end times. There is much media surrounding September 24th, as there was last year and the year before, yet still nothing happened.. further more, many Christians believe in less then 10 or 15 years Jesus will return for his church, are we really that close until our Lord comes back,

Comments welcome
If every year you predict that it will be the end,
One year you will be right.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
pretty extreme example, but hey they are just not a Christian country, and the point is not to be fear mongering about some postulated tomorrow that you don't know will ever come true, just because yesterday seems better than today to you, even though that is an illusion and that is just a product of change, change stress
stop stressing imo

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing good is likely to happen if we are not "sent". If we are "sent" and we are obedient, then it would of course be good regardless of any interim or final results to our flesh. It is always good to be prepared and to obey. This is my only point. If we agree on it then we are OK as well in the Lord, are we not?

I agree with the sentiment, this wasn't even my original bone of contention. Its irrelevant to what happens to you regardless if you believe you are "sent" or not. There has been of believers who claim it is their mission to spread the good word to North Korea, which resulted in nothing good, only their own demise.