End Times Close ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 31, 2017
Bath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone bring me up to date on what signs are happening in the world today regarding bible prophecy end times. There is much media surrounding September 24th, as there was last year and the year before, yet still nothing happened.. further more, many Christians believe in less then 10 or 15 years Jesus will return for his church, are we really that close until our Lord comes back,

Comments welcome

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can anyone bring me up to date on what signs are happening in the world today regarding bible prophecy end times. There is much media surrounding September 24th, as there was last year and the year before, yet still nothing happened.. further more, many Christians believe in less then 10 or 15 years Jesus will return for his church, are we really that close until our Lord comes back,

Comments welcome
Jesus spoke of the things we would see happening, as the time gets close.....Are you seeing those things today? Do not ever believe anybody who claims to know the day and hour........ It will be a lie ! Jesus also said to look to the fig tree......Often Israel is seen to be in mind here....So in all the world certain things will take place, but also we will see a BIG change in Israel.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Comments welcome

go to Eschatology & Prophecy Forum on this site, there plenty of discussions already posted on the subject.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we have been bombarded with foolishness, especially over the last few decades, about such things. There has been a lot of "crying wolf" that has gone on. It makes it difficult to actually take the time to look at things that have, are, or will occur.

But, let's take a look at some sign realities and folks can decide what to do with it. The analysis on these various events have been done by separate people, not working in a vacuum, and not really in collusion with others. The fascinating thing is how these events are in convergence with each other.

Mark Biltz was one of the first to take notice of the blood moon tetrad and it's significance. There were 4 blood moon (full lunar eclipses) in 2014 and 2015 cumulatively. One on Passover and one on Feast of Tabernacles, two years in a row. Total of 4. that is eye catching. Not necessarily unique, but not very common either. Folks doing planetary motion program analysis showed that this is extremely rare for all 4 to fall only on Biblical feast days, two years in a row.

Add in that Star of Bethlehem event of 2015. That was where Jupiter and Venus, the two brightest planets, were side by side in such a way to be the largest and brightest star to the naked eye. I can't recall the guy who first broke this information before it happened. One thing that is interesting, the Wise Men of the gospel account said they had seen the star two years prior to coming to Bethlehem to bring gifts. Well, it has been two years since that 2015 event.

This year, the U.S. saw the first total solar eclipse that covered coast to coast since 1776, the country's founding. And this event occurred just before the start of the 40 days of repentance before Yom Kippur / Day of Atonement, or Elul 1 on the Jewish calendar. Might not be significant, but the folks investigating this stuff with those astronomical programs found that on the same day of the Jewish calendar, when Jonah was told to warn Ninevah to repent or God would bring destruction on them, there was a total solar eclipse that occurred to Ninevah. I don't believe is coincidences. And the U.S. can't seem to get any of it's act together. We can't even keep hi tech Navy warships from running into other ships this year. 4 occurrences so far this year. Add in a rather spectacular hurricane event, with another bearing down. Harvey is estimated to be the 2nd most costly natural disaster to hit us. Hurricane Irma is still a ways off, but almost at Cat 4 status and heading our way, most probably the East Coast on this one. Little too soon to tell exactly where. It will be in our area before too long.

Then we come to the Revelation 12 event that is to occur on September 23rd. That one was discovered by Scott Clarke and he has detailed analysis of this cosmic alignment that matches the woman in Revelation 12 sign. Clarke put this stuff out almost 6 years ago. Some have tried to debunk it, but when you analyze their approach, they are a little disingenuous by leaving out significant details of the event. Most use standard tired arguments that are designed to shut down serious analysis. Several researchers have peer reviewed Clarke's findings and it is quite sound. This event falls at the end of Rosh Hashanah, another significant Jewish feast day, and the next one on the agenda after the ones Yeshua fulfilled at His first coming. Those that have researched the cosmic alignment that seems to mirror Revelation 12 have confirmed that this alignment hasn't occurred in the previous 6000 years or 1000 years in the future.

Yeshua said that the generation alive when the things He described in Matthew 24, would not pass till all be fulfilled. Many have speculated how long a generation is. 50 years? 70 years? or what?

In 1897, the first Zionist Congress was convened to work on establishing a Jewish homeland. 120 years ago. In 1917, 100 years ago, the Balfour Declaration was issued by Great Britain (who controlled the middle east after the fall of the Ottoman Empire during WW I) to allow Jews to migrate to what is now Israel. In 1947, 70 years ago, UN 181 that partitioned out land for Israel was done, and the following year the State of Israel was established. In 1967, 50 years ago, Israel reclaimed all of Jerusalem. That makes 2017 a scriptural Jubilee year.

Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 5:3 that when people are claiming Peace and Safety, sudden destruction will come upon them. The United Nations each year has a International Peace Day. The have a slogan for each one. It falls on September 21st, which for the first time in 16 years of this annual event occurring, it falls on Rosh Hashanah, two days before the Revelation 12 sign. Here are the slogans of several years past....

2014: The Right of Peoples To Peace
2015: Partnerships for Peace - Dignity for All
2016: Sustainable Development Goals: Building Blocks For Peace

Now 2017 and compare to Paul's statement above....

2017: Together for Peace, Respect, Safety, and Dignity for All.

One can take all of this and figure out what it all means. Some postulate that the Rapture occurs at the Revelation 12 sign cosmic convergence this September 23rd. Could be. One thing for certain, I think that all of the above events, lining up the way they do, is letting us know that something bad is on the horizon. Two distinct scriptures come to mind before dismissing all this stuff out of hand as BS.......

Proverbs 18:13 (NKJV) He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.

Numbers 14:11 (NKJV) Then the Lord said to Moses: “How long will these people reject Me? And how long will they not believe Me, with all the signs which I have performed among them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Questor and Truth

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does this website keep getting such threads? NO, the end is not nigh......everyone should get over it and mush on in life.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:3-4 (NKJV) knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

Reactions: Questor and Truth

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:3-4 (NKJV) knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

So are you calling me a scoffer?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It really shouldn't matter to us whether it is or isn't close...we should live every day as if this day is our last day on earth.
Always ready, always prepared.

Aug 31, 2017
Bath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for that broad response Copperhead,
so I reiterate, much speculation surrounding September, well, that's now, let's see..
If there is a pack of dogs, and you throw a rock into that pack, do you know which dog you hit? The one that yelps.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for that broad response Copperhead,
so I reiterate, much speculation surrounding September, well, that's now, let's see..

Indeed. lots of speculation. I didn't assert any particular position on what it all means. I just listed the various signs that have factually occurred, how they conveniently line up with each other, and only one that is yet future, the September 23rd stellar convergence. What it all means, that is up to each person to decide. But it should be an eye opener for anyone who takes the time to look at all of it. They could indeed be just coincidences or a clarion call to wake up. I don't believe in coincidences.

So really it comes down to this.... one can be fearful, one can just blow it off, or one can look at it all and try to make sense of it. I have my opinions on what may be coming down the road, but I am no prophet or seer and haven't been given some inside briefing from God about it. Just a believer that watches and takes notes.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What end do you refer to?

The one everyone keeps harping on about when the saints get thrown in the air within a twinkling of an eye. Jesus defined the beginning of the end as the day the beast from the pit sits in the temple and declares himself God. I'm not looking forward to that happening anytime soon. A ton of events haven't even occurred yet.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Comments welcome
The Lord comes for His church just as He promised, "soon", and "today", beginning the day He was crucified. Paul then clarified that it would not be a mass future event, but that He would come to us "each in his own order", which He has been doing, starting with the thief who was crucified with Him.

As for signs of the end, if we do as John did, saying, "Even so come Lord Jesus", He will come to us, as it is written, "we who are alive at His coming." As for the end itself, are you old or not in good health? For the end also comes, "each in his own order."

Meanwhile, we are equipped for doing good works in His name, that as many as would come, will come, because we spread the good news of Christ.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one everyone keeps harping on about when the saints get thrown in the air within a twinkling of an eye. Jesus defined the beginning of the end as the day the beast from the pit sits in the temple and declares himself God. I'm not looking forward to that happening anytime soon. A ton of events haven't even occurred yet.

Oh, ok. I hear end and I think of when all this stuff goes away and there is a new heavens and new earth. Everything else is just interim steps to that.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, ok. I hear end and I think of when all this stuff goes away and there is a new heavens and new earth. Everything else is just interim steps to that.

We will all know when "the end" has come, because our lives will be a living and breathing hell. We won't be on a christian forum talking about it (which will be outlawed along with the Bible), we would be living it.

Last edited: