End times eschatology and the hatred for it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can disagree all day ill never accept that Jesus lied to those people or the aposltes going around telling him he was coming back then, that is a personal choice.

Suggesting that people who disagree with you are claiming Jesus lied is a strawman fallacy and is dishonorable since no one thinks Jesus ever lied. You simply are misunderstanding Jesus if you think he said he was coming back in the first century and all prophecy would be fulfilled. It did not happen. We know this for a fact.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No i did not deny.

You are saying i did.

Thats common scripture quote

Doesnt make it true for today,

You do have believers waiting and watching, and you also have unbelievers who reported the surrounding times,

But only believers seen Jesus coming.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievers did see the events that Jesus foretold about…

Go back and read the first post.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievers did see the events that Jesus foretold about…

You said they didn't see the second coming because they had no faith. Have you changed your view so quickly?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said they didn't see the second coming because they had no faith. Have you changed your view so quickly?
God repented when he made Saul a king,

Anyone is free to change their mind at any time my guy.

At first he told Samuel, go and ahead give them a king, they never wanted me as king since i lead them Out of bondage. Then repented later.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What?

Have you given any regard to what had been shared with you @ewq1938 during our whole interactions?

You were here during our discussion. Does it look like I regarded what you have been teaching?

I guess it's polite to ask the same.

Have YOU given any regard to what had been shared with you @MatthewG during our whole interaction?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
probably not cause im a selfish human being.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone is free to change their mind at any time my guy.

I know. So, have you? Do you now disagree with your earlier claim that unbelievers could not see the 1st century second coming of Christ because they had no faith?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know. So, have you? Do you now disagree with your earlier claim that unbelievers could not see the 1st century second coming of Christ because they had no faith?

They didnt see him… they seen the event happening. Yes, i could see that as a possible
View but not actually seeing him appear pyschailly like those who had faith, they see him come back through the clouds as promised by the two messangers that said why do you stand here looking, he will come back in the same like manner.

Does this answer your question?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I no i have no proof of believers being taken in that day (written), it was a promise by Jesus and the apostles, only faith my friend @ewq1938 it radicaly changes the course of those who do choose this way.

To love God and love your neighbor and suffer self denial… and allow Gods will to be done in and through you by the spirit of Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I trust jesus and the apostles.

I dont trust people who say we need to be ready and waiitng for hos return today,

You need to get the temple and in jerusalem for that…

I love you if you decide to believe that way though.

All the best gotta go to work now; see ya.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus raptured His Church in 70 AD, and what you see here today are the descendants of those who didn't make the cut and were Left Behind?

Y'know, that would explain a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: ewq1938

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They didnt see him…

This is true. No one actually did but the prophecy is that all would see him return. It hasn't happened yet.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus raptured His Church in 70 AD, and what you see here today are the descendants of those who didn't make the cut and were Left Behind?

Y'know, that would explain a lot.
They were the first to establish the kingdom.

Now you are adopted into the kingdom.

People dont give those people in the first century a lot of credit for being killed and dying for faith and holding on for him to come rescue them…

Its sad in my opinion those people should be respected…

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In argument repeats will be moot. Will not address them again.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont trust people who say we need to be ready and waiitng for hos return today,

I see. Watching and patiently waiting are valid though.

2Th_3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

Rev_3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.