End times eschatology and the hatred for it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the hatred for eschatology.

Do you?

Well, if you hate it just know because you dont desire to study it you are missing out on a lot of things which can help you in your advantage of understanding the end times.

They began in Acts…

Then it progressed, from Jesus in which an entire generation would not fail to see what was promised to them.

The only problem for some that may scream sola scriptura sola scriptura; you gotta use secular accounts, from Josephus, Cassius Dio, Tacticus, Suetonious. To help aid you in your study.

In Ad 70 a whole generation of people that lived and seen Jesus. Was burnt and laid to waste bodies high in the streets and so many people hung on crosses they were running out of room. Those who were faithful were taken up, with the Lord because they werr watching and waiting for Him to come as promised.

That is a difficult task no lie, especially with how our bodies tend to not wanna study even the bible itself…

The flesh is weak but the spirit is willing.

Dont trust everything you read from others.

All the best; be skeptical… and question everything and test it for yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who were faithful were taken up, with the Lord because they werr watching and waiting for Him to come as promised.

Nope. That did not happen. There was no rapture, nor resurrection of the dead in Christ and no second coming. Jesus also did not, in any way say he was coming back that soon and the truth is he hasn't yet but he will.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hate eschatology.

Dont you?

Well, if you hate it just know because you dont desire to study it you are missing out on a lot of things which can help you in your advantage of understanding the end times.

They began in Acts…

Then it progressed, from Jesus in which an entire generation would not fail to see what was promised to them.

The only problem for some that may scream sola scriptura sola scriptura; you gotta use secular accounts, from Josephus, Cassius Dio, Tacticus, Suetonious. To help aid you in your study.

In Ad 70 a whole generation of people that lived and seen Jesus. Was burnt and laid to waste bodies high in the streets and so many people hung on crosses they were running out of room. Those who were faithful were taken up, with the Lord because they werr watching and waiting for Him to come as promised.

That is a difficult task no lie, especially with how our bodies tend to not wanna study even the bible itself…

The flesh is weak but the spirit is willing.

Dont trust everything you read from others.

All the best; be skeptical… and question everything and test it for yourself.
The second coming has not happened yet Matthew.
If it did happen then all who have believed would be glorified with a resurrection body like the Lords, and the unbelievers would be eternally separated , condemned and judged leaving only a NHNE in which righteousness dwells. The old hev and earth is still here yes.

A reading of 2thess 1 and 2Pet 3 should convince you of this.

Reactions: ewq1938

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess all those people where lied to then @jeffweeder.

That couldnt be possible in my opinion.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess all those people were lied to then about his appearing@ewq1938. I dont believe so.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Guess all those people where lied to then @jeffweeder.
Do not guess and read the scriptures I recommended.

70AD could not be the second coming, as that day comes upon all those who dwell on face of the entire earth.
70AD did not impact the entire earths people.....just the Jews.

Lk 21
32 I assure you and most solemnly say to you, this generation [those living at that definite period of time preceding the second coming] will not pass away until everything takes place.
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
34 “But be on guard, so that your hearts are not weighed down and depressed with the giddiness of debauchery and the nausea of self-indulgence and the worldly worries of life, and then that day [when the Messiah returns] will not come on you suddenly like a trap; 35 for it will come upon all those who live on the face of all the earth. 36 But keep alert at all times [be attentive and ready], praying that you may have the strength and ability [to be found worthy and] to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man [at His coming].”

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ive done read all the Gospels @jeffweeder. For myself when i have had the time to do so.
So what do you make of lukes scripture in post 7

33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
34 “But be on guard, so that your hearts are not weighed down and depressed with the giddiness of debauchery and the nausea of self-indulgence and the worldly worries of life, and then that day [when the Messiah returns] will not come on you suddenly like a trap; 35 for it will come upon all those who live on the face of all the earth. 36 But keep alert at all times [be attentive and ready], praying that you may have the strength and ability [to be found worthy and] to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man [at His coming].”

Reactions: Nancy and marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just told you.

Heaven and earth is the Jews heaven and earth.

Thats the temple… where God came down and visted them on earth and to them that was heaven.

All of their territory under the skies was their “earth.” And there is no more tribes of israel there is only those in christ who become one, no male, no female, barbian, etc.

Its gone now @jeffweeder. Youre the temple now.

Jesus promise that his words will never pass away came true. We have the bible and what a great gift from Yahava that is.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@jeffweeder

“Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2‬:‭5‬, ‭9‬-‭10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

That is collectovely everyone around and in jeruslam at that time, and the tribes could be considered also nations cause there are 12 of them.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just told you.
Verse 35 specifically.

35 for it will come upon all those who live on the face of all the earth. 36 But keep alert at all times [be attentive and ready], praying that you may have the strength and ability [to be found worthy and] to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man [at His coming].”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@jeffweeder

Go look up what earth means in greek.

You can a bible literalist if you like to…

But earth just means “land”, kind of reminds me of a game that I use to play where you could cast “earth” and it would on pull up a section of land.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also have to consider all the people who were told to watch and wait.

Did Paul lie to Timothy in his writing?

IMG_1675.jpeg

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was all that John wrote just something to take lightly for those people who heard and where preached to to be ready for his coming or prepare to face Gods wrath, the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

“The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was all that John wrote just something to take lightly for those people who heard and where preached to to be ready for his coming or prepare to face Gods wrath, the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

“The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭6‬ ‭NIV‬‬
The time was near… at hand. Shortly to come to pass.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Congregations in Asia and Europe were given the promise of his coming and every eye would see it.

When it happens we would have a glorified body like his glorified body. We would then inherit conditions like they were at the foundation of the world......no more death. pain etc etc etc.
Do you believe that happened in 70AD?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only ones who would see it where those faithful. Unbelievers didnt see it… they had no faith. They did witness the times coming upon jersulam, as promised by jesus. Its all huge overall picture one must consider @jeffweeder. Wheter or not you believe it happened or hadnt happened yet doesnt effect my personal eschatlogical view. It bothers some but dont let that bother you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Congregations in Asia and Europe were given the promise of his coming and every eye would see it.

When it happens we would have a glorified body like his glorified body. We would then inherit conditions like they were at the foundation of the world......no more death. pain etc etc etc.
Do you believe that happened in 70AD?
You have a spiritual body you build up. Do spiritual bodies feel pain or do they experenice death? Jesus over came pyschal death, and he overcame spiritual death… i dont know how to answer your question.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@jeffweeder will you answer me now though? Do you believe all those people were fooled? Those who faithful looked for his appearing? Cause its all histotival narrative,