Enough of the Work that the Holy Spirit has started, will be greatly compelling (selah)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I have been wrestling with faith, and how to have it, Evolution and how to resist it, and the Lord encouraged me to a point, where I think I understand. What I understand, is that if you believe in Evolution, more is required of you - why is more required, because greater faith has been given you. It does not take a lot of faith, to believe that God Created the World. It takes more faith, to believe that God created all kinds of little causes, that accumulated into the living beings we see today, that He was somehow planning it all from a distance. Jesus reveals Himself as the One who is "with us", God was with Creation in the beginning, therefore I have said it takes "more" faith, to approach it from the perspective of independent causes. The point is, is that it is not impossible to do that.

But what are the consequences of approaching Creation from the perspective of individual causes? Well, you are disorientated, from the working of the will of God, that you might otherwise have understand. This puts you behind the eight ball. Getting back to what I think I understand, is that you first have to trust the One that defines the causes, given to God: that is, the Holy Spirit. Identifying a cause, is not rewriting Creation, but trusting that the causes given God were nuanced in a way that they worked together, gives you the power to put faith in Creation that way. Before we question "why (look at Creation from its causes)?" let's ask "how best is it to approach the nuance the Holy Spirit gave each cause?". The answer to that is simple: embrace as much of the work that the Holy Spirit has started already. If you can grasp what the nuance the Holy Spirit has given, is leading to, you can predict what will change and what will not as the future is approached.

Does the Holy Spirit grow weary, as He approaches the future? No! His responses remain as calm and peaceful, as they had ever been: He is not trying to create more like Himself, He is acknowledging the headship of Christ, as being the nearest to God. Thus strengthening Creation to embrace God. But what does Evolution embrace? Does it miss out? The answer is: Evolution needs more of the nuance of the Holy Spirit, to achieve what it does, not less. Predators for example, appeared after the fall; so for Evolution to work, it needs all of which was allowed at Creation, plus nuances to that Creation that made it competitive. The more competitive it became, the more Evolution worked. This is a simple lesson to learn here, Evolution does not add Grace to Creation - it does not promise greater strength over predation, if the right nuance is achieved. That is the joke the Devil understand all too well.

But will the Devil be silenced? The answer to that is "yes!", because it is not the accumulation of nuance, that makes a creature strong, but the work the Lord is able to complete, of what the Holy Spirit has started. The race is to the swift, but the swift must be ready for a long race. This then is the struggle: can Evolution get beyond peaceful nuance and get to the works that complete the works built on those nuances. That is the next stage. The next stage is not, more nuance. A predator that simply nuances the work that the Holy Spirit has started, will go hungry! There is power in this, right? That the Holy Spirit, is not phased by the nuances the Devil has, the Devil is playing the old game: the Devil is not ready for the strength in which the contest will continue. Eden may be past, but its also where the Devil is stuck (in the past).

The truth of this, is that there will be a great number of works, which the Holy Spirit is able to start, which the Devil will never be able to complete. "Trusting" (I say "trusting" in jest, for everyone truly knows that the Devil can't be trusted) in the nuances of the Holy Spirit alone (and never coming to faith), will be dead faith. The Devil in his cunning is attacking what the nuances are for already, but with added resistance, the Devil will be compelled to crumple. The Devil wants to overcome on the basis of nuance alone, at this stage, but too many works have been started, to be completely denied. An abundance of the Holy Spirit's works then, will give Evolution, the distinction between the Devil's past and the Devil's best. If the Devil gives up his best, how can he continue (nuance or work)? There is time in this, that we become secure in welcoming those lost in the world, to a place where they are safe from the Devil and his vices.

The question is, can it (trusting in an abundance of the Holy Spirit's works) be done consistently? The answer is "yes". We are to be simple minded about this: we should be thanking the Holy Spirit, for the abundance of the works He is able to start in Our Name. If we can do this, we have begun to commune with the Holy Spirit and can be open to the completion of that abundance in Christ Jesus. If it can be completed in Christ Jesus, it can never be taken from us. That is the promise of the Holy Trinity! We are not merely working, then, but transcending. To God be the Glory! We must be mindful that we don't cast our pearls before swine or give what is holy to the dogs, but hold fast to the greater praise of the Holy Spirit, for what He is able to do for and through us. This is power. To know the Word of the Holy Spirit within you, and to trust its works. Part of those works, are to abound in natural talent.

The world may abound in more talent than us, but we have the Lord - let us be delivered together!

God bless.