EPHESIANS 4:8 CAPTIVITY CAPTIVE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:29 Peter says David is dead and buried

Hi, Doug. Your tenses are wrong.
It's not "is dead and buried." V.29 reads, ὅτι καὶ ἐτελεύτησεν καὶ ἐτάφη, which properly translated reads "[who] both died and was buried."
Acts 2:34 Peter is saying that David is not ascended into the heavens, Christ is.

Again, you are misreading the aorist as present tense when it should be understood as past. οὐ γὰρ Δαυὶδ ἀνέβη εἰς τοὺς οὐρανούς = "For David ascended not (past tense) into the Heavens..." The TCNT translates it, "For it was not David who went up into Heaven." RSV reads, "For David did not ascend..." Phillips reads, "For David never ascended (past tense)." Jerusalem Bible reads, "For David never went up to Heaven."

I could list several more, but you get the idea. You just have to be careful with translation. One simple error and you can end up with a doctrine that's erroneous.

As you keep up your studies, keep your mind open to the possibility of making a mistake now and then. I make them, too. Everyone does.

God bless,
Hidden

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reincarnation is taught by Eastern religions. It originated in India, but probably goes all the way back to Babylon. It is a pagan doctrine.

The myth of reincarnation is ancient dating back to Nimrod and Semiramis, his wife. This was about 400 years after the flood. After Nimrod died, Semiramis became pregnant and claimed that the illegitimate son she bore, Tammuz, was Nimrod reborn. This started the "mother and child" goddess and son beliefs that spread from Babylon (Babel) to every country in the world. Asoreth (called the Queen of Heaven in the Bible and Tammuz, Isis and Horus, Venus and Cupid, and many more. When Christianity became the state religion in Rome, to make the transition less painful, they superimposed Mary and the child Jesus onto their present goddess and son entities. This is why you won't find the "Assumption of Mary" or any of the other "holy traditions" in the Bible. But you'll find many pagan symbols and relics such as the rosary still being used to honor their goddess. Satan is alive and well in those churches.

Notice the common theme in your responses? Not a single verse was posted.

In addition...

You folks are using Myth and Alternative Religions to back up your positions. See the irony?

At least Enow posted some verses, but none of them debunk Reincarnation.

:cool:

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Jesus, where do babies come from?

John 8:23
"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world"

We come from Hell?!??

Makes sense. Thanks Jesus!

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Jesus, where did you come from?

John 3:13
"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven"

Wait a minute...

You mean to say that you descended into Mary's Womb in order to come down from Heaven?

Are you sure?

John 6:38
"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me"

So then why is everyone saying you went to Hell in this verse?

Ephesians 4:9
"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"

Oh, I see...

full

Thank you for revealing the Truth and ending this debate once and for all!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We don't need verses to debunk reincarnation. There is plenty of Scripture to prove that there is no such teaching in the Bible.

Reincarnation and the transmigration of souls is a part of Hindu beliefs. Because they do not have the concept of redemption through the Savior. In fact they cannot have it because they do not believe in the one true God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In addition...

You folks are using Myth and Alternative Religions to back up your positions. See the irony?

At least Enow posted some verses, but none of them debunk Reincarnation.

So you believe in reincarnation? Does Enow?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Jesus, where do babies come from?

John 8:23
"And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world"

We come from Hell?!??

Makes sense. Thanks Jesus!

No, "beneath" corresponds to "this world"; and "above" corresponds to "not of this world." These are examples of the Jewish writing style of comparisons of two different sentences that clarify each other.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they believe in reincarnation then they do not believe the Bible. And vice versa.

I agree. I wish this sight would break down the faith category into denominations. I would love to see who is teaching this junk. Also, another category of how long someone has been a Christian. These may be new.