Equal to Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
of course!

Prayers and intercession of the saints!

Jesus Christ is the Head of the church Eph 5:23 the only mediator 1 Tim 2:5 and chief intercessor, makes intercession for the saints! (The church) Rom 8:26-27 8:34 heb 7:25

The saints also make intercession!

1 Timothy 2:1
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Revelation 8:3
And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

Revelation 8:4
And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

James 5:16 …The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Jn 11:25 (the saints are alive) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

All generations call me blessed! Lk 1:
Thanksgiving in praise of Mary for bearing our savior! Matt 1:23 And finding our salvation! Lk 1:30

Praise honor veneration and devotion redound to the Glory of God who created Mary immaculate Lk 1:49 as Christ source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

Praise, honor, veneration, and devotion are not worship, worship requires intent!

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done!
John 2

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

We should be grieved by the manifold sins of mankind that offend our God! If we love God!

make reparation and recompense as far as we can by prayer and sacrifice!

also not forgetting to pray for the conversion of sinners!

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the precious blood of Jesus!

Precious blood of Jesus, save us!

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 1:6
And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:19
For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

James 5:16 the prayer of a righteous man avails much…

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Rev 5:8 the prayers of the saints…

What did you do on her Feast day to honor her?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Solomon had wisdom, his queen was his mother same as Jesus!

I see. I thought you were referring to his wife, not his mother.

Solomon’s mother, his queen, was married to Solomon’s father, his king.

Solomon was wise. * cough *

Jesus is the wisdom of God incarnate.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I reject the dogma, not the scripture.

“Let him be anathema.”

* I hear an echo of the Athanasian creed *

Do you see the connection between this and treason against the Trinity?

I never thought I would reverse engineer this particular dogma to prove treason against the Trinity!

You’re getting something of value out of our conversations. So am I. It’s a win-win situation.

mary can only be mother of God if Jesus is God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did I trace my family that far back? I didn’t. Someone else did. In fact, many others did. I’m relying on their research.

I can give you the dull version or the fun version. I’m feeling like the fun version.

Have you ever watched the movie Braveheart?

My mother’s family lineage is quite famous in England. Rebellion against Queen Mary laid them low..
Why did they rebel? Mary was catholic?

Do you believe that all genealogies lead back, if they could be traced that far, to Adam and Eve?

Have you spent much time looking at the genealogy of Jesus?

yes Adam and Eve our first parents

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you read or recite Matthew 6:10, do you instinctively hear / think “your kingdom came” instead of “your kingdom come”?

that’s a prayer for the spread of the kingdom

what does at hand mean?

Mark 1:15
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luke 11:20
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
that’s a prayer for the spread of the kingdom

“Your kingdom come” isn’t “your kingdom spread”.

what does at hand mean?

Mark 1:15
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luke 11:20
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Near, not here.

Your kingdom stinks to the high heavens. His kingdom won’t.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no new doctrine
It may be better understood
Or defined
Or decreed but it must be thee faith eph 4;5 revealed by Christ Jude 1:3 taught by holy church Matt 28:19 without error Jn 16:13

Yes so why doesn't Romanism teach as you just declared! Lots of individual church members are doing that, but Romanism and most other sects are not.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don’t agree.

The High Priest of my faith has offered the sacrifice. The sacrifice he made is a one time offering. It’s not repeated.

Low priests aren’t able to offer the sacrifice the High Priest offered.

What do you think about the priesthood of all believers?

royal priesthood of Christians
Believers are only catechumens

christ is high priest
He is also is eternal priest!

Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

offering an eternal sacrifice

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see. I thought you were referring to his wife, not his mother.

Solomon’s mother, his queen, was married to Solomon’s father, his king.

Solomon was wise. * cough *

Jesus is the wisdom of God incarnate.

Queen of Heaven!

Psalm 45:9 …upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.

Son of David the king: royalty!

Matt 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 9:27
And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us.

Matt 12:23
Matt 15:22
Matt 20:30
Matt 20:31
Matt 21:9-15 etc.

Romans 1:3
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

House of David the king:

Lk 1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Received the kingdom of David:

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Christ is King, Mary must be queen!

Only a queen can bear a king!

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33 the queen mother sits at His right hand and receives the petitions of the members of the kingdom!

The mother of any king is automatically queen and rules half the kingdom!
The queen mother!

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.

30 And the angel said to her, Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found favor with God.

Mary is mother of mercy and the throne of grace!
heb 4:16

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Queen of heaven
In the line of david’s kingdom the mother of the king is always queen!
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33
And Jesus is the king of heaven & earth & all the angels & saints, so Mary is queen of heaven & earth & all the angels & saints!

so Mary too is the fruit of the merits, virtues, & graces provided by Christ! Lk 1:47 Mary also saved by God

2 Tim 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

2 Tim 2: 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. How much more Mary who was prepared by God thru the immaculate conception! Lk 1:49

Heb 2:7

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands

Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun.
Crown of stars = queen Mary

David the king carried the ark to the earthly Jerusalem.
2 Sam 6:15-16

Jesus the new king carried His ark to the heavenly Jerusalem! Rev 12:1
(Assumption of Mary into heaven and crowned with glory!)
Inaugurating the kingdom!

1 kings 2:19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king's mother; and she sat on his right hand.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

ONLY A KING AND A QUEEN SIT ON A THRONE!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His religion is Judaism.

there is no such religion

the mosaic covenant was for the nation of Israel all twelve tribes with a temple, ark, priesthood and sacrifice

Christ fulfilled that by establishing the new Christian covenant