Equal to Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CYPRIAN OF CARTHAGE
“[T]he Church is one, and as she is one, cannot be both within and without. For if she is with [the heretic] Novatian, she was not with [Pope] Cornelius. But if she was with Cornelius, who succeeded the bishop [of Rome], Fabian, by lawful ordination, and whom, beside the honor of the priesthood the Lord glorified also with martyrdom, Novatian is not in the Church; nor can he be reckoned as a bishop, who, succeeding to no one, and despising the evangelical and apostolic tradition, sprang from himself. For he who has not been ordained in the Church can neither have nor hold to the Church in any way” (Letters 69[75]:3 [A.D. 253]).

JEROME
“Far be it from me to speak adversely of any of these clergy who, in succession from the apostles, confect by their sacred word the Body of Christ and through whose efforts also it is that we are Christians” (Letters 14:8 [A.D. 396]).

AUGUSTINE
“[T]here are many other things which most properly can keep me in [the Catholic Church’s] bosom. The unanimity of peoples and nations keeps me here. Her authority, inaugurated in miracles, nourished by hope, augmented by love, and confirmed by her age, keeps me here. The succession of priests, from the very see of the apostle Peter, to whom the Lord, after his resurrection, gave the charge of feeding his sheep [John 21:15–17], up to the present episcopate, keeps me here. And last, the very name Catholic, which, not without reason, belongs to this Church alone, in the face of so many heretics, so much so that, although all heretics want to be called ‘Catholic,’ when a stranger inquires where the Catholic Church meets, none of the heretics would dare to point out his own basilica or house” (Against the Letter of Mani Called “The Foundation” 4:5 [A.D. 397]).

Sorry but these are not the Bible!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without apostolic succession there is no possibility of salvation!

I now stand and according to Matthew 18 accuse you of preaching another Gospel

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Nowhere does it say in Gods Word that apostolic succession is needed for salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I now stand and according to Matthew 18 accuse you of preaching another Gospel

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Nowhere does it say in Gods Word that apostolic succession is needed for salvation!

matt 28:19

Jesus Christ
Founded the one true new covenant church with faith and sacraments for the salvation of souls!

Founded on Peter and the apostles and their successors. Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20 to teach and sanctify all men Matt 28:19
Jn 3:5 Mk 16:15 acts 8:36-38
1 cor 16:13 gal 3:27 2 Pet 1:11

Salvation without Christ and His church are impossible! 1 cor 16:13 gal 3:27

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
better check acts 1:8 and acts 2:42

And what is the apostles doctrine? the very things Jesus taught them, not new things the decided to add.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

and the apostles are still dead! and if you want apostolic succession- you can't have 12 then and 3000 now!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
matt 28:19

Jesus Christ
Founded the one true new covenant church with faith and sacraments for the salvation of souls!

Founded on Peter and the apostles and their successors. Matt 16:18-19 18:18 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20 to teach and sanctify all men Matt 28:19
Jn 3:5 Mk 16:15 acts 8:36-38
1 cor 16:13 gal 3:27 2 Pet 1:11

Salvation without Christ and His church are impossible! 1 cor 16:13 gal 3:27

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Wrong wrong wrong. I know that has been what you inculcated in, but it is simply false.

We are saved by grace, through faith in the death burial and physical resurrection for our sin debt. Period! Anything else has to spring from one being saved- not to stay saved. that is a false doctrine.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do explain
Lk 2:46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

a 12 year old can’t naturally have learning to astound the doctors of the law? Messiah he was not anointed yet? The only possibility is his divine nature!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (God with us)

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe then that she is “not mother of the divine nature but mother of his entire person”.

I believe she is the mother of his entire person.

yes and cos he is God she is mother of God
God bearer

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you didn’t pray to her on her Feast day but, as your commentary on the Penny catechism notes, “also praying to them” - which includes her. That sounds to me like you either have or might have prayed to her on other occasions.

I’m having difficulty understanding how “no prayer is addressed to God thru their intercession thanking God for the grace He gave them” fits with “also praying to them” / her.

Could you please clarify that for me?

the communion of saints

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where exactly in time do you locate the beginning of “the age of the great apostasy”?

Is it connected with Vatican II? Is it connected to an event or occurrence before that? After that?

the death of pius 12 1958

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
the death of pius 12 1958

The Pope silhouetted in my wife’s grandmother’s document I rescued and asked you about. That’s interesting.

So from that point in 1958 to the present, you believe the Catholic Church has been in a great apostasy.

How do you survive in that environment?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pope silhouetted in my wife’s grandmother’s document I rescued and asked you about. That’s interesting.

So from that point in 1958 to the present, you believe the Catholic Church has been in a great apostasy.

How do you survive in that environment?

not the true church but those in the counterfeit Vatican 2 church these are apostate
Example: pacumama ain’t catholic

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is the apostles doctrine? the very things Jesus taught them, not new things the decided to add.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

and the apostles are still dead! and if you want apostolic succession- you can't have 12 then and 3000 now!

no apostles no church no salvation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong wrong wrong. I know that has been what you inculcated in, but it is simply false.

We are saved by grace, through faith in the death burial and physical resurrection for our sin debt. Period! Anything else has to spring from one being saved- not to stay saved. that is a false doctrine.

grace is only available in Christ and his church thru the sacraments