Eschatological View of the Trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

skypair

Nov 4, 2016
This should be an interesting discussion. I recently read a book about the Trinity. I don't have it with me just now but will reference it soon. This view is held by Ted Peters and a man last name of Sexton. Theirs is a fairly intriguing view. The view says that the personages of the Trinity have not yet been revealed but will be in the consummation of all things.

As I envision it, the one essence of the Trinity is the Holy Spirit because a spirit is not a person. A spirit is a) a body of truths and/or B) the mind, emotions, and will of a person or Person of the Trinity. Therefore, the Holy Spirit is the "mind of the Lord"/Father, the "mind of Christ," (1Cor 2:16) and the mind of the Comforter -- each having a lesser degree of the fulness of truth.

The personages of the Trinity are Father, Son, and Comforter. These are real persons with the Comforter being the born again believer.

Another feature of this view is that God went through a "self-separation" of His soul, Spirit, and body in order to save mankind. And this self-separation happens to us, also. The first separation is of the soul and spirit (Heb 4:12). When we sin, the soul dies but the spirit is very much still alive. When we are born again, soul and spirit are reunited in the Christ life while the body is dying. And at death .. well, you know.

The soul of God is always in heaven and is the Father. He embodies all truth and He has a spiritual body as seen in similar visions by Isaiah, Ezekiel (1:26), and John (Rev 4:2-3).

So in creation, the Father sent the Son and Spirit into the world to create. So from the beginning, the Son and Spirit have been in the world .. the Son being the "angel of the Lord" until He was embodied with the body of Jesus. And we see, also, that He is now in the world embodied in the Comforter(s) until He is taken out of the way (2Thes 2:8) and the earth turned over to Satan for 7 years of tribulation.

And so we come to understand that the Father, all truth, is omniscient .. the Spirit that reveals God is omnipresent (even revealing Him in nature) .. and the Son is omnipotent (I have the verses for this but for brevity sake, we can look at that later).

Also, we come to understand that it is the Father that justifies .. the Son and Spirit both sanctify and glorify. That is, in salvation, we pray to the Father in the name of the Son for salvation. Then, when we receive the Spirit, it is the Spirit of Christ/mind of Christ which "guides us into all truth .. and shows us things to come" That is, guides us into the Father's mind and show us what things are to come on the earth.

Of course, in the end it will be revealed who the Comforters are and who not, right?

Well, I'm ready for questions. :) Or objections. :(

skypair