• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
What is the difference between your soul and your Spirit. ?

Lots of confusion about this, so, lets clear it up.
And as a matter of fact, if you teach S-School, then you should learn this teaching and let your student have it.

1.) Man is "body, soul, and Spirit" = 3

He is "tri-part", exactly as God is Triune. or 3 in One.

God said.. "let US make man in OUR image", and this is 3, including the Holy Spirit.

So, a 3 in One Godhead, created a Tri-part Adam, who is "body, soul, Spirit".

What is that?

2 ) It means, you are a Spirit, you have a soul, and you live in a body.

What is the soul?

The soul is the : "mind, will, and emotions".

What is the Spirit" ?

The Sprit is the real you, that has to be born again.
The Spirit is what goes to HELL if its not born again.
The born again Spirit is the "Son/Daughter" of God, that is the "new creation in Christ".

3.) In the Garden of Eden, .....Adam was Spiritually separated from God.. He "ate the apple" and lost "Spiritual union". And the Bible defines this as "death".
However, Its not death, as in, ended or ceased to exist....... Its death in the since of being separated from God's Spirit, which is LIFE.
See, "God is A Spirit" and Christianity is Spiritual, and to become separated from GOD" LIFE< is to be dead from IT.
See that?

This is : 1st Spiritual Death ("In Adam we all die")...... and the 2nd Death, is to go to Hell, and exist in spiritual separation from God, forever.

Jesus, who is the 2nd Adam, came to offer Himself to us all as the Blood Atonement,, and this allows us to be BORN AGAIN.. which is to return to the eternal Spiritual Union with GOD.... that 1st Adam lost.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:25 shows us the mind.

Romans 7:25 So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Galatians 5:17 shows that our spirit is our mind.
17 For the flesh lusts against the spirit, and the spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

The soul is our conscience or heart where the laws of God are written. It is so easy to be a Christian because your conscience is super-sensitized when filled with the Holy Spirit.

Note, Translators capitalized the Spirit in Galatians 5:17, but Romans 7:25 shows their error.

We are a triune being: 1 Thess. 5:23. 23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Galatians 5:17 shows that our spirit is our mind.

Nonsense.

Listen, if your mind is your spirit, then it would be your mind that is born again.
And you are to renew your mind, not your spirit.

We are born again Spiritually, not born again MENTALLY.

Notice that Adam was spiritually separated from God...>not mentally.

Notice that when Adam was created, God breathed the SPIRIT into Adam, not the mind.

I have no idea what commentary set you use, but its HORRIBLE Theology, and i hope you realize this one day... @1stCenturyLady ... as its all you ever teach.

And dont tell me that you found all those verses and put then together.
You did not.
Dont even try that false statement.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense.

Listen, if your mind is your spirit, then it would be your mind that is born again.
And you are to renew your mind, not your spirit.

We are born again Spiritually, not born again MENTALLY.

Notice that Adam was spiritually separated from God...>not mentally.

Notice that when Adam was created, God breathed the SPIRIT into Adam, not the mind.

I have no idea what commentary set you use, but its HORRIBLE Theology, and i hope you realize this one day... @1stCenturyLady ... as its all you ever teach.

And dont tell me that you found all those verses and put then together.
You did not.
Dont even try that false statement.

It IS our Mind that is born again. 1 Corinthains 2:16. We have the mind of Christ. And our soul is born again also, where the laws of God are written. The two make up our nature and is why the unsaved still have a sin nature. We don't. The only thing that doesn't die now is our body. The body is just like a floppy puppet that is neutral. It only does what its nature tells it to do.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It IS our Mind that is born again.

Unbelievable that you think that Adam's mind is His Spirit, or that "born again Spiritually " is your mind.

Or that to be "Spiritually separated from God" is a mind issue.

Next you'll be telling them that its the unbelievers MIND that goes into Hell then the Lake of fire.

@1stCenturyLady You commentaries are horrible. I think that they are equally as heretical as the commentaries that have deceived Episkopos, as His are the worst ive ever heard, other then what you teach.

Listen, here is what you are telling the members........

Notice this carefully........'Jesus said to the 11 apostles, receive you the SPIRIT".......and you are teaching that this is Jesus saying "receive you the mind"..

You are teaching that " I saw the Spirit descend upon Jesus like a Dove".. .is... "that is the MIND that was descending".

You are teaching that when Jesus said...>"Father into thy hands i commend my SPIRIT">. is Jesus saying.. "God here is my MIND im giving into your hands"..... according to @1stCenturyLady

Last edited:
Reactions: rebuilder 454

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
-
What is the difference between your soul and your Spirit. ?

Lots of confusion about this, so, lets clear it up.
And as a matter of fact, if you teach S-School, then you should learn this teaching and let your student have it.

1.) Man is "body, soul, and Spirit" = 3

He is "tri-part", exactly as God is Triune. or 3 in One.

God said.. "let US make man in OUR image", and this is 3, including the Holy Spirit.

So, a 3 in One Godhead, created a Tri-part Adam, who is "body, soul, Spirit".

What is that?

2 ) It means, you are a Spirit, you have a soul, and you live in a body.

What is the soul?

The soul is the : "mind, will, and emotions".

What is the Spirit" ?

The Sprit is the real you, that has to be born again.
The Spirit is what goes to HELL if its not born again.
The born again Spirit is the "Son/Daughter" of God, that is the "new creation in Christ".

3.) In the Garden of Eden, .....Adam was Spiritually separated from God.. He "ate the apple" and lost "Spiritual union". And the Bible defines this as "death".
However, Its not death, as in, ended or ceased to exist....... Its death in the since of being separated from God's Spirit, which is LIFE.
See, "God is A Spirit" and Christianity is Spiritual, and to become separated from GOD" LIFE< is to be dead from IT.
See that?

This is : 1st Spiritual Death ("In Adam we all die")...... and the 2nd Death, is to go to Hell, and exist in spiritual separation from God, forever.

Jesus, who is the 2nd Adam, came to offer Himself to us all as the Blood Atonement,, and this allows us to be BORN AGAIN.. which is to return to the eternal Spiritual Union with GOD.... that 1st Adam lost.
Another good post.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievable that you think that Adam's mind is His Spirit, or that "born again Spiritually " is your mind.

Next you'll be telling them that its the unbelievers MIND that goes into Hell then the Lake of fire.

@1stCenturyLady You commentaries are horrible. I think that they are equally as heretical as the commentaries that have deceived Episkopos, as His are the worst ive ever heard, other then what you teach.

Notice this carefully........'Jesus said to the 11 apostles, receive you the SPIRIT".......and you are teaching that this is Jesus saying "receive you the mind"..

You are teaching that " I saw the Spirit descend upon Jesus like a Dove".. .is... "that is the MIND that was descending".

You are teaching that when Jesus said...>"Father into thy hands i commend my SPIRIT">. is Jesus saying.. "God here is my MIND im giving into your hands"..... according to @1stCenturyLady

The mind of Jesus was the Father. That is how Jesus saw what was happening by the Father. Jesus saw it in His mind.

John 5:19

Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why don't you holster your pride and allow Scripture to explain Scripture.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why don't you holster your pride and allow Scripture to explain Scripture.

Is this just another false argument on your part. It seems to me that you do not let scripture explain scriptures in some of our interactions recently.

But then again, I am not complaining, you are just helping me to add to the number of posts that I have made.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The mind of Jesus was the Father. That is how Jesus saw what was happening by the Father. Jesus saw it in His mind.

John 5:19

Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.
Father God in my opinion relayed his message to Jesus, through his living spirit...Jesus mind and will were always aligned with the will of God.

We learn to align our mind and will to God, through the Holy Spirit, who indwells us...imo...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t think there is any scripture to support this, Sis..I would advise you to say...imo..as that’s all it is....same as mine.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It IS our Mind that is born again. 1 Corinthains 2:16. We have the mind of Christ. And our soul is born again also, where the laws of God are written. The two make up our nature and is why the unsaved still have a sin nature. We don't. The only thing that doesn't die now is our body. The body is just like a floppy puppet that is neutral. It only does what its nature tells it

Therefore...we had the testifying with our spirit....he spoke to our spirit, which was then relayed to our mind..

So, how could our minds be Born Again?

Flesh gives birth to flesh.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Therefore in my opinion..our spirits are birthed into Christ?

Romans 8:16
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

New Living Translation
For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.

English Standard Version
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

John 3:6
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

New Living Translation
Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.

English Standard Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
That having been born of the flesh is flesh, and that having been born of the Spirit is spirit.

King James Bible
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, how could our minds be Born Again?

Our minds are not our spirit.
Our soul is not our spirit.
Our mind is not born again.

Jesus told us..."YOU must be born again".... and that YOU is not your body or your mind.

Its your SPIRIT.

Its your born again SPIRIT, that is become "the new creation in Christ".

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Our minds are not our spirit.
Our soul is not our spirit.
Our mind is not born again.
Did I say they were?

I quoted the word of God?

The Holy Spirit teaches us through speaking to our spirit, which in turn is relayed to our minds....he teaches us all we need to know...through his Spirit that indwells ours imo.... @Behold

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You replied to her ... = "how could our minds be born again"..

So, im replying that our mind is not born again.

Its our spirit that is given the new birth.
Ok.

That’s what I told her, and posted scripture to prove it.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.....scriptural.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes.

You're correct.
She's, again, posting the most bizarre theology.
And she'll do it again.
Well, God has just put her in her place..through his living word...she can’t deny his word.

I’m not sure where she’s getting this Born Again in the mind business....

We’re all learning Brother....I just hope she’s not teaching that as a minister...that she says she is.