Estimated Dates of the Events of the 1 Year Great Tribulation of the Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Messiah didn't say that because wearing phylacteries and tzitzit is no longer required, because even the Messiah himself worse tzitzit and phylacteries, but because the Pharisees made theirs wider and longer to seem to appear more righteous. And even in regards to fasting, they did it in such a way to make sure that everyone saw they were fasting. Their obedience was not genuine, they did it for public admiration.
God does not require of Gentiles the same things that He requires of Jews in Judaism.

The entire epistle of Paul to the Galatians, is written to deal with a problem in the Gentile church that arose because certain people, called Judaizers, came in and wanted to teach Gentile believers that they could not be saved unless they were circumcised and kept the law.

Paul contended that a man is not justified through the keeping of the law, but through faith in Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:16 is a key verse in all of scripture.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
Jesus was also under the Law of the Old Testament so, of course He, being a true Jew would have to follow the law and hence, He fulfilled the entirety of the Old ways...when He rose, everything changed and the shackles and laws (that man could NEVER keep) were no longer required...be free in Jesus Christ.
Peace

The Messiah didn't abolish the commandments of God. That is an absurd notion.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
God does not require of Gentiles the same things that He requires of Jews in Judaism.

The entire epistle of Paul to the Galatians, is written to deal with a problem in the Gentile church that arose because certain people, called Judaizers, came in and wanted to teach Gentile believers that they could not be saved unless they were circumcised and kept the law.

Paul contended that a man is not justified through the keeping of the law, but through faith in Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:16 is a key verse in all of scripture.

Keeping the Torah and belief are both required. Only keeping the Torah yet not believing is useless, because belief is also required. And having belief but not keeping the Torah is also useless, because obedience to the Torah is also required. Both things are required.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keeping the Torah and belief are both required. Only keeping the Torah yet not believing is useless, because belief is also required. And having belief but not keeping the Torah is also useless, because obedience to the Torah is also required. Both things are required.
The only requirement of Torah that is any more placed on Gentile Christians is mentioned in Acts of the Apostles 15:22-29.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
The only requirement of Torah that is any more placed on Gentile Christians is mentioned in Acts of the Apostles 15:22-29.

Oh, so according to you "you shall not steal" and "a man shall not dress as a woman" are not required anymore since these weren't specifically mentioned by the council of Jerusalem? The reason the council of Jerusalem only mentioned those particular sins of the Torah is because those were the sins that were commonly broken by the Gentiles, so rather than quote them the entire Torah, they only quoted them what they needed to know right away, hence,

Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. For the Torah of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Shabbath.
Acts 15:20-21

Your willful ignorance is just astounding. You people truly deserve to be thrown into the lake of lava, because of your stubbornness in wilfully choosing to discard the Torah and twist scripture to justify your torahlessness,

On that day many will say to me, ‘Master, Master, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of torahlessness.’
Matthew 7:22-23

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 6:14, the reason that sin shall not have dominion over me is mentioned: it is because I am not under the law but under grace.

All the law and the prophets are fulfilled in two commandments.

If I love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength; and my neighbor as myself: and if doing this is my only focus: I am not going to kill my neighbor, steal from him, covet his goods, bear false witness against him, or break any other commandment that is truly required of the Christian.

If anyone is of the works of the law then he is required to keep all of it from conception to eternity (Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48). That means that if you have broken even one commandment you have broken them all. And, if you are basing your salvation on your obedience, you are not going to enter in; because you were not born wearing tzitzti and tallit; and also the Bible teaches that you came out of the womb speaking lies (Psalms 58:3).

The only way to receive the love of God is through faith in Jesus Christ (compare Galatians 3:14, Romans 5:5).

We are no longer bound by the letter but, as the result of having Christ's love shed abroad in our hearts, we are obedient to the spirit of what the law requires (Romans 7:6, 2 Corinthians 3:6). And this, not because it is required; for as believers in Christ, we are not required to keep the law but it is only desired of us by God; and also it is the desire of our hearts that we might be obedient to Him to the fullest extent possible. But we are not of the works of the law but are rather under grace; and therefore the Lord will complete His sanctifying process in His own timing; when it comes to what you call torahlessness. And also, Gentiles are not required to keep the law. For example, food laws are no longer on the table. Every creature of God is good and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving. For it is sanctified by thew word of God and prayer.