Estimated Dates of the Events of the 1 Year Great Tribulation of the Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got it from the scriptures, there are many clues indicating this to be true, and indeed what is declared in the epistle of Barnabas regarding the millennial shabbath is true. What I am teaching is nothing new, it's just not commonly believed nor understood today.

Do you believe the Epistle of Barnabas was erroneously left out of the Bible? If not, for what reason? Personally, I believe it was inspired and canonical. It would also complete the New Testament to be divisible by 7.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
I agree with your interpretation. It has been mine for decades, though I was raised Seventh-day Adventist.

Indeed, so although I obey the Torah, which is why you see me wearing tzitzit and growing my beard as the Torah commands, I understand that under the new covenant I have certain freedoms that were not permitted under the old covenant of Moses, so I eat pork and I tend my strawberry garden on the weekly Shabbath. These are things that not even many messianics understand, who have become Judaizers.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
Do you believe the Epistle of Barnabas was erroneously left out of the Bible? If not, for what reason? Personally, I believe it was inspired and canonical. It would also complete the New Testament to be divisible by 7.

I would have to read it again to determine that. It has been many years since I've read gnostic gospels, and back then I decided not to trust them. There exists errors in them, so although you may find little pearls of wisdom, such as the millennial shabbath in the epistle of Barnabas, you then may come across enormous errors, such as Yeshuah marrying Mary Magdalene in other gnostic gospels. So it is best to be very careful.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest is the millennial shabbath, foreshadowed by the weekly shabbath, for this earth has been appointed to exist 7,000 total years, with the last 1,000 years appointed as the millennial shabbath.

I don't think I got a clear answer. Do you now keep the Sabbath according to the Torah, or have you entered into God's rest through trusting in Jesus?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have to read it again to determine that. It has been many years since I've read gnostic gospels, and back then I decided not to trust them. There exists errors in them, so although you may find little pearls of wisdom, such as the millennial shabbath in the epistle of Barnabas, you then may come across enormous errors, such as Yeshuah marrying Mary Magdalene in other gnostic gospels. So it is best to be very careful.

I'm not stupid to believe Gnostic gospels. I do not consider the Epistle of Barnabas to be Gnostic. And it is the only non-recognized book of that time I read.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Messiah said that before the book of Revelation was given, which now gives us the timing of his coming, in correlation to the appointed times of the Torah.
Jesus is God. He authored Revelation which means He knows what was in it. Nowhere in Rev does it say go ahead and figure out when Jesus will return. All Jesus said is that these things will happen soon. And Gods timetable isn't something we can discern.

Reactions: Steve Owen

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
Do you believe Jesus, the Messiah, taught what would become the New Covenant while living under the Old Covenant, and how does it differ?

The Messiah was under the covenant of Moses up until the moment he died, which is when the the new covenant was established, and then was confirmed with his resurrection 3 days and 3 nights later.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
I'm not stupid to believe Gnostic gospels. I do not consider the Epistle of Barnabas to be Gnostic. And it is the only non-recognized book of that time I read.

I am glad you are not gullible. But like I said, its been many years since I've read non-canon epistles to assert right now if it is completely true or not.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
Jesus is God. He authored Revelation which means He knows what was in it. Nowhere in Rev does it say go ahead and figure out when Jesus will return. All Jesus said is that these things will happen soon. And Gods timetable isn't something we can discern.

Dumb. The Torah tells us when the trumpets must be blasted, in New Moon 7 Day 1, and the book of Revelation tells us the Messiah comes 1/2 prophetic hour before the first trumpet blast, which is 7 and 1/2 literal days, therefore we know the day and hour of the second coming, on an Elul 21 in the Jewish calendar in the morning of Jerusalem time.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Messiah was under the covenant of Moses up until the moment he died, which is when the the new covenant was established, and then was confirmed with his resurrection 3 days and 3 nights later.

We agree. But I believe His testament (what He taught) did not actually come into affect until the Day of Pentecost, which would correlate to the reading of the will.

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
I don't think I got a clear answer. Do you now keep the Sabbath according to the Torah, or have you entered into God's rest through trusting in Jesus?

The rest has not happened yet, it will begin at the second coming of the Messiah. As of now we must labor, in doing good works, and then we will rest at the second coming.

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The epistle of barnabas is inspired scripture? Did it show up in the lists of the early church fathers regarding the canon? Jerome for instance?

gaviria.christian

Oct 24, 2019
Medellin, Colombia
Faith
Christian
Country
Colombia
We agree. But I believe His testament (what He taught) did not actually come into affect until the Day of Pentecost, which would correlate to the reading of the will.

The day of Shavuot is when the disciples became participants of the new covenant, which was established beforehand by the death of the Messiah, then confirmed with his resurrection. No one can participate in the new covenant of the Messiah until he receives the anointing, and then upon receiving the anointing, then he bears the sign of the new covenant, which is the circumcision of the heart, which is being dead to sin and freed from sin. If you still sin, you haven't yet received the anointing, nor have come under the new covenant of the Messiah.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad you are not gullible. But like I said, its been many years since I've read non-canon epistles to assert right now if it is completely true or not.

I also do not believe the "tradition" that Barnabas died in 61 AD before the destruction of the temple. The person who wrote the epistle was alive after the temple was destroyed, chapter 16.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For it is not the hearers of the Torah who are righteous before God, but the doers of the Torah who will be justified.
Romans 2:13

The "works" of the Torah are circumcision, food, drinks, feasts, new moons, and shabbaths, which are not required under the new covenant. All other matters of Torah are binding, and whoever does not obey these matters of Torah will be cursed.

I'm curious about this. How did you determine that these things, what you call "the 'works' of the Torah," are not required under the New Covenant?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest has not happened yet, it will begin at the second coming of the Messiah. As of now we must labor, in doing good works, and then we will rest at the second coming.

I believe it is now and not future. To me, rest is trust and faith in Jesus, which God had against the children of Israel. Of course, that includes keeping His commandments and are pleasing in the sight of God. But that is not done with the old carnal nature, but with the new divine nature we received when we were born again of the Spirit. We must receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit through true repentance.

Reactions: marks

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dumb. The Torah tells us when the trumpets must be blasted, in New Moon 7 Day 1, and the book of Revelation tells us the Messiah comes 1/2 prophetic hour before the first trumpet blast, which is 7 and 1/2 literal days, therefore we know the day and hour of the second coming, on an Elul 21 in the Jewish calendar in the morning of Jerusalem time.
No, whats dumb is attempting to do the very thing Jesus said can't be done. Do you know who Harold Camping was? Or any of the other date setters? They were all wrong and you are too. No one knows the day or the hour...Pretty clear. But then it appears youre trying to dip your toe into both the old covenant and the new. You just pick and choose what you'll adhere to. You want to keep the torah, but eat pork. Okayo_O

Reactions: marks

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The day of Shavuot is when the disciples became participants of the new covenant, which was established beforehand by the death of the Messiah, then confirmed with his resurrection. No one can participate in the new covenant of the Messiah until he receives the anointing, and then upon receiving the anointing, then he bears the sign of the new covenant, which is the circumcision of the heart, which is being dead to sin and freed from sin. If you still sin, you haven't yet received the anointing, nor have come under the new covenant of the Messiah.

LOL I virtually said the same thing. Our posts crossed as ships in the night.