• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell that to the dying Thief who hung next to Jesus, as Jesus was dying for His sin.
This man was not water baptized, and he kept no commandments... and his Spirit is in heaven right now.

See, you do not understand what you are talking about, Titus.
You are water obsessed, along with water cults like the "cult of the virgin" and the Jehovah's witness who worship water, and rant about water, endlessly.
You should know.
You are here for the attention.
You are, by your own words shown to be a theological pretender, seeking some "Likes".
You harm others with your teaching., but ive solved that, anywhere i find you.

"Seeking some likes"
Wrong more false accusations from you.
I don't care if I never get a like period.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The thief on the cross.
Well what covenant was he saved under? Answer: Old covenant, old testament.

There is no salvation in the Old Testament.. except what Abraham gave to God.....so, you are again barking backwards your theology that you keep making up.

Listen...the dying Thief was "saved" by that bleeding Messiah who was dying next to him on the Tree.
See that Jesus?
He is the only way to heaven.........and that dying Thief knew it.
He would never be on this forum, denying the Cross, iike you do, Titus.

There is no other way to be SAVED then by Jesus.......who said so Himself. John 14:6.

See, you think you are arguing with me, but you are actually just denying Him.
And you'll do it again., as anti-cross theology is what you preach.

Want to use water baptism next time, or something else you can invent as your next theology. ????

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no salvation in the Old Testament.. except what Abraham gave to God.....so, you are again barking backwards your theology that you keep making up.

Listen...the dying Thief was "saved" by that bleeding Messiah who was dying next to him on the Tree.
See that Jesus?
He is the only way to heaven.........and that dying Thief knew it.
He would never be on this forum, denying the Cross, iike you do, Titus.

There is no other way to be SAVED then by Jesus.......who said so Himself. John 14:6.

See, you think you are arguing with me, but you are actually just denying Him.
And you'll do it again., as anti-cross theology is what you preach.

Want to use water baptism next time, or something else you can invent as your next theology. ????

You deny Jesus Himself Mark 16:15-16
I did not think of the idea of water immersion.
Jesus did.

The thief was saved directly by God.
Is that the way Jesus saved you?

We are under the new testament.

You better obey the gospel of Jesus, Mark 16:15-16.
And stop thinking you can be saved without Jesus' gospel, 1Corinthians 15:1-4.
The thief did not believe in Jesus' gospel, 1Corinthians 15:1-4

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You deny Jesus Himself Mark 16:15-16
I did not think of the idea of water immersion.
Jesus did.

Actually John the Baptist immersed Jesus.
So, He was doing that before Jesus came into His ministry.

So, Peter, in the beginning of Acts.......is still a part of this mindset that all JEWS had....that Jesus is referring to in Mark 16, that you obsess on, uselessly.

Later, God gave us Paul The Apostle.
He is a "chosen vessel" Jesus says.....who is set apart with a ministry that is his calling.
Paul is the "Apostle to the Gentiles'..... Peter is not.

We are in the "time of the Gentiles"......that is about to end, and the Grt Trib is going to start.

Paul brought us the New Testament , New Covenant understanding of the Blood Atonement, that is Christ on the Cross.
He also taught this to Peter, in Acts 15.
Im teaching it to you now.

Its this..>>"The Gospel of the Grace of God".......is not water baptism.
Its This..

"Faith is counted as Rightoueness"
"justification by faith".
"all that call on the name of Jesus, shall be saved"
"all that believe in me.....Jesus says....i give unto them, eternal life".

See all that?
No water anywhere.

Now turn to Acts 8, and read about Phillip and the Eunuch.

You will read this.... the Eunuch says... "there is water, may i be water baptized?.......Philip responds.......Yes, if you have believed with ALL your heart= FIRST.......THEN> you may be water baptized"

See that?
That is Paul's Gospel.

"faith is counted as righteousness".

Water comes AFTER.

First you believe, and are born again, and then you get water baptized as this is symbolic of dying to sin and being risen with Christ.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to give an answer for your doctrine of salvation by Holy Spirit baptism?
Explain Simon and others there that day. That believed in Jesus. Yet did not receive Holy Spirit gifts until after they already believed.

Hahaha, you are a mess friend, Matthew 22:29

You keep trying to equate Holy Spirit baptism with salvation.

You think I believe that Holy Spirit baptism is proof of ones salvation.
Never does the gospel of Jesus Christ teach Holy Spirit baptism saves.

The apostles were already saved before they received Holy Spirit baptism,
Mark 1:4 for the forgiveness of sins.

If Holy Spirit baptism means you are saved as you mistakenly teach.
Then why was Simon saved without the Holy Spirit baptism?

Acts 8:12-24
Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and was amazed, seeing the miracles and signs which were done.

Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them,

15 Who when they had come down, prayed with them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.

For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.

THEN THEY LAID HANDS ON THEM, AND THEY RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT.

And when Simon saw that through the laying on of THE APOSTLES HANDS the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money.

Saying give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.

But Peter said to him, Your money perish with you , because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money!

repent therefore of this your wickedness and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may he forgiven you.

24 Then Simon answered and said, Pray to the Lord for me, that none of the things which you have spoken may come upon me.

Simon, was already saved in Acts 8:13 for he had believed and was water baptized.
Yet he never got the Holy Spirit baptism.

All the others that heard Philip's preaching in Acts 8:12-17 who also believed the gospel and were water baptized did not receive Holy Spirit gifts.

Until verse 17 after their salvation, then the apostles laid hands on them.

Conclusion: your argument of the apostles recieving Holy Spirit baptism proves nothing with regard to their salvation or ours.
We are not saved by Holy Spirit baptism.

We are saved by the blood of Jesus Christ, Matthew 26:28.
Just as Acts 2:38 saved in Jesus

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, Peter, in the beginning of Acts.......is still a part of this mindset that all JEWS had....that Jesus is referring to in Mark 16, that you obsess on, uselessly.

He is a "chosen vessel" Jesus says.....who is set apart with a ministry that is his calling.

We are in the "time of the Gentiles"......that is about to end, and the Grt Trib is going to start.

Paul brought us the New Testament , New Covenant understanding of the Blood Atonement, that is Christ on the Cross.

Its This..

See all that?
No water anywhere.

You will read this.... the Eunuch says... "there is water, may i be water baptized?.......Philip responds.......Yes, if you have believed with ALL your heart= FIRST.......THEN> you may be water baptized"

See that?
That is Paul's Gospel.

Water comes AFTER.

First you believe, and are born again, and then you get water baptized as this is symbolic of dying to sin and being risen with Christ.

Paul taught and baptized in his gospel.
That disproves your two gospels gospel.

Paul taught and practised Jesus gospel, Mark 16:15-16

Baptism in water.
Is it in the One gospel?

Did Peter preach it, Acts 2:38, yes in the name of Jesus Christ. That is the baptism in the new covenant.

Did Jesus preach it? Yes, Mark 16:15-16

Did Paul baptize the Corinthian church? Yes, it was also in Paul's gospel,

Acts 18:8
Then Cripus the ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord, with all his household. And many of the Corinthians, hearing, believed and were baptized.

If Paul was in error for water baptizing the Corinthian church.
Then why not once did Paul repent of teaching a false gospel?

The very next verse Has God speaking to Paul. You would think God would of told Paul that he should not have baptized the Corinthians.

Acts 17:9-10
Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, Do not be afraid, but speak and do not keep silent.
FOR I AM WITH YOU, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city.

You need to get a Greek Scholar to tell you what Baptism is being taught in 1Corinthians 12:13.

I know what the Greek Scholar's teach. It is baptizo, water immersion.

1Corinthians 1:17
For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be of no effect. Paul's point is it is not important who does the baptizing. Anyone can baptize another man. Paul was commanded to preach. Yet he did also baptize.

Again read the whole 1st. Chapter. Then you will know why Paul did not want to baptize the Corinthian church,
1Corinthians 1:10-15.
They were saying Paul's baptism instead of who it really was, Christ's baptism.

12-17
Now I say this, that each of you says, I am of Paul, or I am of Cephas, or I am of Christ.
Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or where you baptized in the name of Paul?
I thank God I baptized none of except Crispus and Gaius.
Lest anybody should say I baptized in my own name.
Yes I also baptized the household of Stephanas, besides I do not know whether I baptized any other
For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, not with words of wisdom, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

Jesus taught water baptism in His gospel, John 3:5 ; Mark 16:15-16.
Paul water baptized when he taught those the gospel.

Therefore the gospel of Christ includes water immersion.
Fact, every personal conversion we have in the book of Acts, they were all water baptized.
It is in the gospel, Mark 16:15-16

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul taught the Philippian Jailer the gospel of Jesus Christ,
Acts 16:30-34
Guess what Paul did?
He baptized him and his household in water.

This gospel of belief alone, 1Corinthians 15:1-4, you claim Paul preached.
Is not there every time we see Paul teaching a real person the gospel.
Paul always everytime, baptized them in the name of the Lord.

Only in 1Corinthians 1 do we see Paul refusing to baptize others.
Because they were perverting Jesus' baptism.
Yet, as I already showed it was Paul that baptized the Corinthians

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First you believe, and are born again, and then you get water baptized as this is symbolic of dying to sin and being risen with Christ

Except Paul never taught this. Paul taught he still had his sins when he believed in the Lord.
It was not until he obeyed Jesus' gospel and was water baptized that his sins were washed away,

Acts 22:16
And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Paul said his sins were washed away not when he first believed.
But when he was water immersed.

So, your churches teaching of the purpose of baptism is not scripturally correct.
That baptism because I'm already saved was never preached by any apostle or Jesus,
Mark 16:15-16

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Its This..

See all that?
No water anywhere.

See that?
That is Paul's Gospel.

Water comes AFTER.

You just admitted the other apostle Philip preached Paul's gospel!

You also teach only Paul was given a new revelation from God to preach his gospel.

That is another contradiction.
You have Philip preaching Paul's gospel.
Sounds like to me there is ONE Gospel.
And all the apostles preached it.

See that?
That is Paul's Gospel.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, I agree with your analysis of Paul.

It is also true that Paul after becoming a Christian preached during his entire ministry ONE gospel of Jesus Christ. Just as he taught there is only one gospel in Ephesians 4:5.
Not this two gospels gospel, that Behold teaches. I.e. dispensationalism doctrine.

Absolutely Titus, there can be no contradictions in God's word, Jesus stated His word is truth, you simply cannot have two sets of truths.